1/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    31d 9h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen the Shining! I religiously rewatch Over the Garden Wall, its so charming and creepy at the same time and has a wonderful Halloween ~aesthetic~ in my opinion.

Also have been a big fan of the Haunting of Hill house since it came out a few years ago and made rewatching it a Halloween tradition! Is anyone else excited for the new "season" of the show?
    Im SO excited to see the new season!!!

Healers - Defenders of cK

Signature sticker by @(you need an account to see links)

Gif by @xmilo

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    +1 for looking forward to Haunting of Bly Manor! Hill House was SO good. Just a few more days!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    22d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Happy Halloween to you too fellow Ckers! I love this time of the year, even if in my country we don't celebrate Halloween properly.
    Last year I planned my very first trip to DisneyWorld in this time of the year because my inner child was dying to see all the decorations and it was pure magic!

I didn't try those candy corn in my briefly stay in the US, and they're not available in my country either :c
    I'm a professional candy eater ;D, so I'm pretty sure I can eat plenty of anything that has tons of sugar in it.

I absolutely adore the spooky userbar !

When you're falling in a forest
    and there's nobody around
    Do you ever really crash,
    Or even make a sound?

Did I even make a sound?
    Did I even make a sound?
    It's like I never really sound.
    Will I ever make a sound?

Spiffy avatar + userbar combo by the one and only:
    Thank you :*

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Midsommar is a masterpiece. Its so delightfully disturbing. I love that its one of those movies that once you watch it the first time and get over the initial impact, every subsequent time you watch you're able to pick out more and more foreshadowing details that make it feel all the more sinister. The movie is amazing, rather disturbing, and would 100% recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. Its a wild ride from start to finish.
    Is it jump scare-y? Or more just like psychological thriller? I am a big baby and normally don't watch horror films even on penalty of death but I've been hearing tons of good things about Midsommar.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) Im so excited to have lots of the actors returning in totally different capacities! I love that its a non-continuation while keeping a strong thread to the first one.

Re: midsommar I would to see it but I watched Hereditary and I was much too afraid. I think that this is along the same line, if I'm not mistaken?

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

kittyray (10-06-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Midsommar is a masterpiece. Its so delightfully disturbing. I love that its one of those movies that once you watch it the first time and get over the initial impact, every subsequent time you watch you're able to pick out more and more foreshadowing details that make it feel all the more sinister. The movie is amazing, rather disturbing, and would 100% recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it yet. Its a wild ride from start to finish.
    YES to all of this! I spent days reading analyses of it after my first watch. Soo many tiny details that make you feel creeped out without actually knowing why you feel creeped out. A friend is working on putting together a community "wailing wall" in her neighborhood and all I could think of was the scene when all the women are literally wailing in a group together. Also, Dani's aesthetic in that movie led to me spending my summer in mom shorts and soft tshirts and it was glorious
    @(you need an account to see links) - definitely more creepy psychological thriller. I can't think of any jump scares, just some slight gruesomeness in parts. @(you need an account to see links) - I think it's as creepy as Hereditary, but not the same kind of scary. They are by the same man so they do have similar feels to them!
    Last edited by LibraryFaerie; 10-06-2020 at 12:30 PM.

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 43m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Is it jump scare-y? Or more just like psychological thriller? I am a big baby and normally don't watch horror films even on penalty of death but I've been hearing tons of good things about Midsommar.
    Jump scare, not so much. Psychological thriller/folk-horror for sure, and it has some heavy imagery, gore, and rather dark undertones at times. Not something I'd recommend if you aren't able to handle some graphic content. The gore scenes are fast, and limited, but very -there- if that makes any sense. Not drawn out torture but you do see some things that are on the gross side. If you can get beyond that, the story is great, and you will be on the edge of your seat the entire time. Pay attention to every little detail, and watch the movie twice to really appreciate all those little details.

@(you need an account to see links)
    When you watch it, its more of a story that has darker elements vs being super spooky like Hereditary was. Hereditary was just straight up scary as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryFaerie View Post
    Also, Dani's aesthetic in that movie led to me spending my summer in mom shorts and soft tshirts and it was glorious
    Oh my god, YES. Those mom shorts were def an aesthetic this summer. The messy bun and glowy skin too, she looked great in that movie!
    That was one of the best parts is reading about it after and having a new detail pointed out and being able to catch it the next time through. Ugh, now have to watch it again soon just cause.
    Last edited by Nyanobyte; 10-06-2020 at 12:36 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

LibraryFaerie (10-06-2020)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I see... maybe I'll watch it then, I'm sure my bf would want to since he loves anything remotely scary, and I can use his big head to hide behind

On the topic of horror/scary movies (if this is even the train of thought) I think it was at least 3 or 4 years ago when Train to Busan came out, Halloween weekend I watched it with my friends. Great movie, but my god do I NOT fuck with zombies. Never again, don't particularly care to watch the sequel (Peninsula) either.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Ahh okay! It looks wonderfully artsy actually, so I've been curious about it since it came out but Hereditary scared me SO MUCH I couldn't even finish the movie and just turned off crying because I was overwhelmed with the spooks. But I might give Midsommar a try @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) !

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    hers/his
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    43/0
    Mentioned
    169 times
    Time Online
    43d 13h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I would have never thought that Midsommar were an horror movie!
    Need to watch it!

Also, please, more love to Over the Garden Wall it is a master piece! Wonderful arts, wonderful music and a weird plot, such an incredible 100 minutes long serie!

There's also an european movie called Goodnight Mommy i really liked back then, might list it too

*I need a "go back to your last post" button

León the Lion Ryu,
    the "Board Games hoarder"
    Born || 2020~11~15

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da Plushee Boree For This Useful Post: