DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    The media just makes these problems worse, they pick these cases, report them for months and get people all going on about racism for their ratings. He probably would have shot anyone who tried to grab his gun. These people get protesting over a few messed up cops but how many black people are killing each other in the streets over insanely petty things?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Not as bad as this case...but not nearly as much country wide country I don't think:
    (you need an account to see links)

that family is suing and probably going to get some serious cash

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    He's a cop of course he's going to get off.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ked For This Useful Post:

Matt~ (12-02-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Honestly, if it was a African american officer shooting a white teen, it wouldn't be national news. I think that based on the evidence I have seen so far they might the right choice. I think that the majority of people in the streets are out to riot and a small portion are trying to protest peacefully. I think that a lot of the people in the streets haven't followed the case, and don't even know the name of the prosecutor. I feel like a requirement to riot or protest is to look at all of the evidence and stop using a race card the moment anything happens. If it was the other way around you couldn't pull the card without being racist.

I feel bad for both families, Brown's for the loss and Wilson's for soon going into the witness protection program and trying to move on. I also feel bad for the stores and cars being damaged and looted. I think it is sad to see so many uninformed people causing damage, especially to tax payer funded things such as the police cars that they will pay for in the end anyways.

~end rant~

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    I'm a Californian, and this reminds me so much of the Rodney King riots back in '92, albeit to a lesser degree. Situations like this are why I am a complete supporter of the idea that police should wear body cameras that record their every action, the benefits of having their actions recorded are worth so much more than the difficulty of carrying this 3-5 pounds of extra weight. And hell, if the NSA can spy on citizens I don't see why the citizens shouldn't be allowed to "spy" on police officers
    hmu ladies

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zhukov For This Useful Post:

Allegra (11-25-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
    I'm a Californian, and this reminds me so much of the Rodney King riots back in '92, albeit to a lesser degree. Situations like this are why I am a complete supporter of the idea that police should wear body cameras that record their every action, the benefits of having their actions recorded are worth so much more than the difficulty of carrying this 3-5 pounds of extra weight. And hell, if the NSA can spy on citizens I don't see why the citizens shouldn't be allowed to "spy" on police officers
    Although I support this, the problem I see with it is that the tax payers will not want to have to pay say 50 dollars per officer to buy this equipment for every officer in the country. If it wasn't an amount of money that was being considered I am sure it would already be implemented.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by purekilla View Post
    Although I support this, the problem I see with it is that the tax payers will not want to have to pay say 50 dollars per officer to buy this equipment for every officer in the country. If it wasn't an amount of money that was being considered I am sure it would already be implemented.
    it's funny because he typed that perfectly fine while being completely shitfaced on Skype.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    25d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by purekilla View Post
    Where do you get that figure? It seems way too high, at least for my jurisdiction

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chiro View Post
    it's funny because he typed that perfectly fine while being completely shitfaced on Skype.
    Girl, you have not seen me shitfaced
    hmu ladies

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    [QUOTE=Zhukov;540974]Where do you get that figure? It seems way too high, at least for my jurisdiction[COLOR="Silver"]

Just throwing out a number, not sure what it would actually cost but you would need a small yet high resolution camera and then the soft and hardware to constantly run and maintain and store the videos as you take them, as well as the repairs and upkeep to any that get broken no matter if it is from wear and tear or the officer fell in a foot pursuit and broke it that way. It is something tax payers would have to sign on for the long run instead of a 1 time upfront fee. I was thinking NYC was going to try something like this out but can't remember the last time I heard anything about that was.