Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    14d 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I have a mixed opinion. If they're well done with your full story/character idea/art/etc and you casually advertise it (passively in a siggy for example) I like them a whole lot and enjoy reading them... But if you're shoving it down everybody's throat and using it to underoffer I don't like it or you.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Silenna For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (01-13-2020),Maelstra (01-12-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-12-2020),Sakuras (01-12-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Honestly they don't make a better impression on me than any other applications. I tried adopting a pet out to somebody a few months ago with one of those elaborate pages .. it was supposedly their dreamie and they retraded it anyways

I mean, I thought the page was cool but you really can't be 100% sure if the person will keep the pet. From an adoption standpoint ?? Not convincing
    From an admirers view - it's neat
    Last edited by lorie; 01-12-2020 at 12:04 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorie For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (01-13-2020),Maelstra (01-12-2020),Sakuras (01-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21d 1h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I like seeing the characters people come up with. There are some real bare bones ones out there that are basically just "I like this pet" and that's...fine? You can want a pet, and I don't necessarily think it's wrong to ask for help in achieving a goal, but I don't think it needs a page on its own, either. And it definitely doesn't need to be spammed around. But when the page-maker goes into detail about the character's backstory and personality and fills it up with little things that show they've put thought into what they're going to do with the pet if and when they get it, then I'm invested. Art definitely helps, too, even if you're not an artist adding a doodle or two makes it seem less like you're begging and more like you're trying.

I think what I'm trying to get at is the best way to go about project pages is to do what you can, whatever that is, but don't make a nuisance of yourself. How you comport yourself is more important than how well you can draw or write or customize.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oxton For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (01-12-2020),Sakuras (01-12-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    They�re honestly a waste of time and effort in my opinion. Super cringey. I�d never bother wasting time making one, and I�d never want people to submit them if I had a pet UFT/UFA. It�s just weird. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I like to think of them as personal journals, having goals and privately blogging about them is cool imo, but if people are linking to them everywhere and using them to beg then that's too much for me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    6d 6h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    i made one for a pet i had really wanted and been after for a long time because i had seen other people have good luck with them and im not above making myself look like a fool in front of the peak dorks that play neopets, but honestly i was having SO much fun making it. it gave me something really exciting and new to practice coding and art for, and i was really enjoying making it. and it was very successful! i was in the same tier as my goal and had an even trade for a bn one, and someone found the page by accident (it wasnt even finished, i think i had linked it on my own board twice at this point and i am not a person who has their boards frequented lmao) and they liked my idea for it so much they approached me and traded me a better named one than my offer deserved, because they were happy the pet would be going to someone who liked it so much.

so yeah, i think theyre nice! i think theyre best when that person can show they put that amount of effort into at least SOME of their current pets (i couldnt show that lmao that was something i was/am still working on) (not that anyone cares) because then it's not like "im just obsessed with the idea of this pet!" but honestly even if they are like... as long as you're having fun and putting in genuine effort, i think pretty much anything is great.

people who just grab a flashy premade and fill it with text about themselves and why they want it (not that any individual reason is good or bad, but if thats clearly all theyre thinking about) are boring though. lets be genuinely enthusiastic about our neopets 2k20
    Last edited by amanssilvae; 01-12-2020 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typos UGH

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to amanssilvae For This Useful Post:

Bakugo (01-13-2020),Fabulous (01-12-2020),Garchomp (01-12-2020),Gato (01-13-2020),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-13-2020),maya (01-13-2020),Sakuras (01-13-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I personally don't care too much about people making project pages, and I think it can be cool to see the kinds of characters/story behind their goal. But in my opinion, it comes off as begging/major attention seeking when they make boards dedicated to their project page.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by oxton View Post
    I like seeing the characters people come up with. There are some real bare bones ones out there that are basically just "I like this pet" and that's...fine? You can want a pet, and I don't necessarily think it's wrong to ask for help in achieving a goal, but I don't think it needs a page on its own, either. And it definitely doesn't need to be spammed around. But when the page-maker goes into detail about the character's backstory and personality and fills it up with little things that show they've put thought into what they're going to do with the pet if and when they get it, then I'm invested. Art definitely helps, too, even if you're not an artist adding a doodle or two makes it seem less like you're begging and more like you're trying.

I think what I'm trying to get at is the best way to go about project pages is to do what you can, whatever that is, but don't make a nuisance of yourself. How you comport yourself is more important than how well you can draw or write or customize.
    To add to your sentiments, I think people on the PC have developed the mentality that they need to have project pages. I had a friend tell me it's an unspoken rule now, and if you want to adopt or trade up, you have to have one. I can see where she's coming from, what with all the elaborate apps people make with fancy art and long stories. The idea of needing to prove their dedication seems to put pressure on players who don't have the time or skills for that sort of thing, and makes them feel like they're not neopetting right if they don't force themselves to do things they hate. This means that even if they are horrible artists or whatever, they will strain until they shit something onto a petpage, and post it to share with the class.

I saw one girl's "project page" that's nothing but an obviously rushed DTI job and bad trading chain below it in plain text. While terrible by PC standards, I like it because it's honest. Seems like she isn't forcing something that she doesn't really enjoy on a site that's supposed to be fun, not a second job.

What annoys me are the tryhard pages that try to present like gold when they're not even pyrite. You can tell when people are forcing it or subtle begging. I don't read their novels either, but I may stop to admire nice coding, customizations, or artwork. With the stories especially, I haven't seen an original concept yet. They all seem to be the same.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bakugo For This Useful Post:

Gato (01-13-2020),Sakuras (01-13-2020)