Thanks
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    9d 1h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraid View Post
    I probably can't talk about most of it that you mention. I do like cartoons though. Also hi, I don't even know half of what you just said. But lets goo. You into oldschool cartoons or newer?
    Haha, yeah, story of my life. I ended up in a pretty idiosyncratic pool of personal interests due to not being able to talk about the "common" stuff, and getting deep into a niche instead.

A lot of the oldschool cartoons (stuff from the 80's) have such a cheap recycled art appeal to them, and the "very special episodes" are so earnest but cringe. I love the original Looney Toons, Tex Avery, Merry Melodies and Silly Symphonies cartoons. That stuff is classic and still funny even today. (I got my first dip into my love of Classical music thanks those toons).

There's still plenty of good cartoons and animation now, but they're getting so drowned out by milk-water, unchallenging committee-designed stuff. I want a new Biker Mice from Mars, Gargoyles, Project Geeker or Cadillacs and Dinosaurs revamp, keeping the grit and love of the subject. Not another rehashed and totally ruined HeMan remake or the boring junk coming out of Disney (or the atrocity that is Teen Titans GO).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PabstBlueRibbon For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (06-18-2023),hellraid (06-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 17h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Hi everyone!

Been lurking for a while around here, so didn't expect to get tagged in this thread.

Anyway, long time Neopets players here, been in and out of the game for the past 20 years now. Used to be very active in communities such as CheesieNeo and subsequently DarkZtar back in the day.

Don't have much time to post around here due to the busy life, however I will try to be a little more active, just like in the good old days.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Geras For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-18-2023)

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Did they kill ABing? I donโ€™t keep too close of tabs on programs since I dont usually use them too often. If anybody can figure out a possible workaround, Iโ€™m sure somebody at ck can!
    Yeah, some change that neo made from when I last played to now screwed up how Stealth Buyer worked and it's been down ever since. I have things setup to do the semi-legit restocking but its a bit more of a time commitment than I currently have.

- - - Updated - - -

On a conversation note, how is everyone doing today ?

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Hi and thanks for tagging me! Big lurker here, lol. I enjoy reading old stuff sometimes (like catching up on conversations I began reading) and sometimes they're way too old for me to respond without being super awkward, but I'll try to engage on conversations before they're awkwardly old, I promise!
    I really enjoy ryugotchis though, so if you want to talk to me about them, I'm all in!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biowitch For This Useful Post:

birdies (06-18-2023),I_royalty_I (06-18-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hello I have had an account with CK for years but only recently started to lurk and make the odd post.

Pronouns
    He/They
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch a fish View Post
    Hello I have had an account with CK for years but only recently started to lurk and make the odd post.
    Same spot, trying to get more hands-on with the community .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Thank you all for continuing this thread! I love seeing everyone posting and joining in - especially you โ€œnewbiesโ€. If you look back on old versions of this thread, youโ€™re bound to see somebody posting a similar story as yours, and now they have moved up the ck ranks and enjoyed their time on this lovely forum.

If youโ€™re a lurker and prefer it that way, I totally get it and hopefully me tossing you into the spotlight a bit was okay! If you are so inclined, feel free to jump into any and all conversations. If you have a random thought you want to share, you can even toss it in spam and let everyone run with your ideas!

Its never any fun to go through all the effort just to have a few posts and I think everyone did a fantastic job jumping in and sharing their stories. So thank you for another successful blast of all our up and comings!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I actually first "came back" to clraik in the summer of 2020 so summer is the time to make friends lol. I fell off the forum again, due to work and school, but hoping to be more active this summer at least

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Predict View Post
    Hi Hi! I never really made an intro when l joined back in April. I mainly spend my time on cK trying to help wherever I can. Really enjoying being part of team cK for my first AC! I'm an avid bodybuilder and love anything to do with fitness and being really active. Music is a huge part of my life and sports wise I'm a huuuuge UFC and more recently NBA fan. I'm having a lot of fun being part of this community
    Hope you've been checking out the fitness threads on CK! I train in powerlifting and one of my best friends is super into bodybuilding so it's interesting to compare notes on our training lol. He's definitely stronger than me, but I enjoy that I have better form doing a barbell bench lmao.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (06-18-2023),Predict (06-18-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I actually first "came back" to clraik in the summer of 2020 so summer is the time to make friends lol. I fell off the forum again, due to work and school, but hoping to be more active this summer at least

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you've been checking out the fitness threads on CK! I train in powerlifting and one of my best friends is super into bodybuilding so it's interesting to compare notes on our training lol. He's definitely stronger than me, but I enjoy that I have better form doing a barbell bench lmao.
    Iโ€™ve never been a huge goer of the gym. I usually do a lot of cardio because I enjoy reaching and setting new goals on my runs. Then doing a little body weight core kind of stuff. But Iโ€™ve since gotten interested in more of the actual lifting, traditional kind of gym routine - so Iโ€™ll be keeping an eye on that section for tips and pointers myself!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow you're a powerlifter! That's amazing. What's your diet & goals like? I don't really take notes but all my workouts are stored in my head haha. My dad used to compete as a pro bodybuilder in the Australian circuit and that's where l developed a true love for it as a kid. I'm currently at 11-12% BF and I'm aiming for 8-9%. My diet is pretty strict atm while I stay in deficit to shred the last few % and I've been doing keto for around 8-9 years now!

Profile Pic thanks to @Lyrichord & Signature made by @Polorin!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Predict For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (06-21-2023)

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast