Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who or what about Neopets Classic gets under your skin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    They're trying to freeze anyone who realizes what's happening right now and disagrees with it so they can foster a playerbase full of people who either have no clue what's happening or don't care about the racism as long as they get first dibs in pound release.

People who don't realize what's happening are literally posting about how there hasn't been a PR in months...meanwhile the admins are pounding or stealing peoples' pets as soon as they get frozen and letting people think the previous owners just happened to be quitting.

They've always announced PR before, why would they not announce it this time unless they realized it would make them look bad to their new players. (One of the new mods even reacted in agreement to a person who mentioned there hasn't been a PR in a while....even though that mod got at least one pet from the latest PRs over the last few days. The lying is insane.)
    Last edited by dolphinlookalike; 08-20-2022 at 09:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dolphinlookalike For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-20-2022)

Pronouns
    any/all
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    20d 9h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    was your ban message "Spamming" as well? LOL

they're rlly killing their site/playerbase so fast.

Last edited by Blissey; 08-20-2022 at 12:16 PM. Reason: adding image

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blissey For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-20-2022),Sakuras (08-20-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinlookalike View Post
    They're trying to freeze anyone who realizes what's happening right now and disagrees with it so they can foster a playerbase full of people who either have no clue what's happening or don't care about the racism as long as they get first dibs in pound release.

People who don't realize what's happening are literally posting about how there hasn't been a PR in months...meanwhile the admins are pounding or stealing peoples' pets as soon as they get frozen and letting people think the previous owners just happened to be quitting.

They've always announced PR before, why would they not announce it this time unless they realized it would make them look bad to their new players. (One of the new mods even reacted in agreement to a person who mentioned there hasn't been a PR in a while....even though that mod got at least one pet from the latest PRs over the last few days. The lying is insane.)
    well said. i feel bad for all the new players joining and not realizing what they're getting themselves into.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Holy smokes there's a lot of tea about NPC. I've always been upset with missing the sign ups each month but uhhhh based on what i'm reading here I'm sort of happy I haven't joined. I've been wanting to be apart of the site due to nostalgia but I think this has made me change my mind xD

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but I know I read somewhere about a pay wall for sign ups on Noah's Patreon? Apparently it was a way to fast track into signing up? Correct me if I'm wrong though!

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Holy smokes there's a lot of tea about NPC. I've always been upset with missing the sign ups each month but uhhhh based on what i'm reading here I'm sort of happy I haven't joined. I've been wanting to be apart of the site due to nostalgia but I think this has made me change my mind xD

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but I know I read somewhere about a pay wall for sign ups on Noah's Patreon? Apparently it was a way to fast track into signing up? Correct me if I'm wrong though!
    There haven't been free signups in months. The only way to get an account now is by paying him...and who wants to give money to these racist admins whose egos are so fragile they can't handle their users making their own website after they go MIA for months. Noah hasn't matured at all in the past two years, it's wild.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dolphinlookalike For This Useful Post:

Babaa (08-23-2022),♥ Blissey ♥ (08-20-2022),dustyc (08-20-2022),Sakuras (08-20-2022),Succubus (08-23-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    You have to pay to sign up now!? That is obsurd! You don't even have to pay to play the actual Neopets but now a knock off is forcing you so you can access their pirated content? This gets richer by the minute! For a site that had so much potential and to fill a need in the market which TNT at the time wad not willing to provide this site has gone to hell in a handbasket mighty fast!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Aero (08-20-2022),dustyc (08-20-2022),Sakuras (08-20-2022),Succubus (08-23-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinlookalike View Post
    There haven't been free signups in months. The only way to get an account now is by paying him...and who wants to give money to these racist admins whose egos are so fragile they can't handle their users making their own website after they go MIA for months. Noah hasn't matured at all in the past two years, it's wild.
    That's actually wild, so the whole paying him to get access to the site is actually true?! I can't understand how this works, like surely he could get in trouble for using Neopets images while getting paid since that's like pirating in a way? I also can't believe what I'm reading about the racism as well. Truly wild stuff.

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-20-2022),Succubus (08-23-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    When the site first went public, Noah only had the Patreon up for donations- sign ups were free. Then at a certain point the user base was growing much quicker than he expected it to, and they closed sign ups to be either 1. Only open during a certain time frame 2. If you didn't want to wait, pay on Patreon for a sign up link. I never paid attention to sign ups too much since I had my account all set from the beginning. I have no idea when they made the switch to sign ups only being available if you paid. Crazy to me that sign ups are still paid access only with how quickly the site is dying. I can't imagine that many people are lining up to join right now.
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Aero (08-20-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    Wow same like I said on page 2 or 1, I knew that Noah had behaved in questionable ways early on in the NPC days, but I didn't realize there was so much more that happened after I stopped paying attention. Frankly I'm surprised it's still alive at this point...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Succubus (08-23-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    When the site first went public, Noah only had the Patreon up for donations- sign ups were free. Then at a certain point the user base was growing much quicker than he expected it to, and they closed sign ups to be either 1. Only open during a certain time frame 2. If you didn't want to wait, pay on Patreon for a sign up link. I never paid attention to sign ups too much since I had my account all set from the beginning. I have no idea when they made the switch to sign ups only being available if you paid. Crazy to me that sign ups are still paid access only with how quickly the site is dying. I can't imagine that many people are lining up to join right now.
    Especially when Neopets it's self is free to join and a fan site is not. I'm still baffled by the entire concept of pay to sign up to play a fan site based on nostalgia. I wouldn't be surprised if TNT found a way to shut it down? (if that's even possible since NPC is using their images?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Wow same like I said on page 2 or 1, I knew that Noah had behaved in questionable ways early on in the NPC days, but I didn't realize there was so much more that happened after I stopped paying attention. Frankly I'm surprised it's still alive at this point...
    Right?! Like the entire concept has blown my mind, but I'm with you on how it's still going? Who's actually going to wait to pay to sign up? I mean I could just go on Leopets if I wanted a nostalgia trip xD

*that's rough buddy*

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Aero (08-20-2022),dustyc (08-20-2022)