13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I thought the same thing about the game never being offered at a discount, Bui, but I did hope for at least a little more content than the original. This amount of content perfectly fine back when we only had a few megabytes of space to build games with, but if they can fit a game like Breath of the Wild on a Switch cartridge, then this feels like a poor effort.
    I picked this up as well. Loved the original as a kid, but also surprised they didn't add more to bring it up to modern standards, similar to how the Star Ocean 2 remake was handled. I did read that they added a challenge dungeon where you can battle harder version of the bosses at the very end though.
    real men play neopets

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by feign View Post
    I picked this up as well. Loved the original as a kid, but also surprised they didn't add more to bring it up to modern standards, similar to how the Star Ocean 2 remake was handled. I did read that they added a challenge dungeon where you can battle harder version of the bosses at the very end though.
    I was really hoping they were going to add a lot more to it, to be honest.. Also, props to your siggy lol : )

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnii For This Useful Post:

feign (11-23-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by feign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnii View Post
    I was really hoping they were going to add a lot more to it, to be honest.. Also, props to your siggy lol : )
    Adding a boss rush seems to be Nintendo's go-to move when revisiting games, but would additions to the story itself be too much to ask? The changes don't justify the cost of the game in my opinion. Knock $10-20 off the price and boost your advertising to branch out further than the diehards who would buy the game just because it's a retelling of a game they previously played. Don't screw over the people revisiting a title for nostalgia. That's sucky.

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Adding a boss rush seems to be Nintendo's go-to move when revisiting games, but would additions to the story itself be too much to ask? The changes don't justify the cost of the game in my opinion. Knock $10-20 off the price and boost your advertising to branch out further than the diehards who would buy the game just because it's a retelling of a game they previously played. Don't screw over the people revisiting a title for nostalgia. That's sucky.
    It feels so lazy to me for them "revamp" games this way. It's really a let down. I'd even be down for DLC packs for additional content if they weren't too pricey and wanted to keep the original game looking a certain way.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    8d 5h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I've really wanted to pick this up as SMRPG is one of my all-time favorite Mario games, but I just can't see myself spending $60 on the game I wish there was more new content. My brother has been telling me about it as he's been playing through it on his Switch.

Garfunkle the Ryu
    Thank you honeycomb for the wonderful Garf!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EnderTheory For This Useful Post:

Bunnii (11-23-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnii View Post
    I see me!! : )

You really don't think it will go on sale, @(you need an account to see links)? : ( I personally am not familiar with how they market.
    Mostly because Nintendo is SUPER stingy about putting their first party mascot games on sale (Mario, Pokemon Zelda, ect.) For the longest of times, BoTW and MK8 didn't go on sale since people still will pay full price for it, even years after release, because it has little to no competition going against it.

If I'm in an itch to play Zelda, prior to Tears of the Kingdom, there wasn't another Zelda game I can pick up and play easier on my Switch outside of BoTW. So, I'd more than likely would have to buy that than another clone or knockoff of it. So, Nintendo capitalizes off this and rarely put them on sale. Now that there's other titles available, (BoTW, ToTK, and Skyward Sword) they're starting to go on small sales for around 10-20% off and such, so it's definitely a breath of fresh air to see some games finally drop.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderTheory View Post
    I've really wanted to pick this up as SMRPG is one of my all-time favorite Mario games, but I just can't see myself spending $60 on the game I wish there was more new content. My brother has been telling me about it as he's been playing through it on his Switch.
    It's definitely hard to spend the new game price on a game that we've played before in the past, definitely agree with you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Mostly because Nintendo is SUPER stingy about putting their first party mascot games on sale (Mario, Pokemon Zelda, ect.) For the longest of times, BoTW and MK8 didn't go on sale since people still will pay full price for it, even years after release, because it has little to no competition going against it.

If I'm in an itch to play Zelda, prior to Tears of the Kingdom, there wasn't another Zelda game I can pick up and play easier on my Switch outside of BoTW. So, I'd more than likely would have to buy that than another clone or knockoff of it. So, Nintendo capitalizes off this and rarely put them on sale. Now that there's other titles available, (BoTW, ToTK, and Skyward Sword) they're starting to go on small sales for around 10-20% off and such, so it's definitely a breath of fresh air to see some games finally drop.
    This is probably a whole other can of worms, but aren't they even stingy about other people who use their games to create content? It's sad to see a huge company be this way. Especially one that's been around a long time and has such a nostalgia aspect, too.

Ugh I mean it does make sense, but at the same time I don't like it xD

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunnii For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (11-24-2023)