65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Seriously. I also had this weird...humanizing moment when I realized that he was the same age as my brother and that his kids were around the same age as my niblings. I think that's something we, as a society in general, have started to learn from celebrity suicides in the past decade or so, idk, I don't want to turn this conversation too grim. I couldn't listen to Linkin Park for a while after because the songs just hit so much harder.

I was gonna share a picture from the concert I saw, but the ones I have are laughably terrible quality.
    Yeah I know the feeling with that too. Now I go back and listen to the lyrics of most, if not all of the more recent LP tracks and you just realise how long Chester was struggling with his demons. It's sad to see that not many, if any, realised that it was like his cry for help, through his/the bands lyrics. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) So jealous of your concert portfolio lol, so many people I'd love to see live... especially Linkin Park. 💔 When you see Evanescence come back here and tell us about how it was! They've been on my list forever.
    Haha yeah, I've been spoiled over the years for artists coming to my city, usually, the big headline acts that everyone loves, bypass my city in favour of the east coast of Australia instead. For example, just today, Taylor Swift announced she would be touring Oz soon and she will only be heading to Sydney and Melbourne apparently? Like wut? I mean, I'm not really a fan of hers per-se, she's hot as F, don't get me wrong, but not my thing. I can see how her shows manage to smash ticket sales though, she puts on a massive concert each and every time.
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-22-2023),kittyray (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm so jealous that you got to see that tour that it's not even funny. Bloodywood is awesome, you're the first person I've met who knows who they are! You're going to have a lot of fun at the Death Grips show. The crowds have been a mixed bag, but it'll definitely be crazy.

@(you need an account to see links) That's such a great story lmao, I can only imagine what an MCR pit looks like.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

feign (06-24-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    76 times
    Time Online
    53d 2h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    The first concert that I actually bought tickets for, as well as a couple for my friends was Sam Smith back in 2018.
    For it being my first concert I had such an amazing time, especially since I went with a good group of friends.

At the beginning of August I'll be attending 'Head In The Clouds' with a small group of friends and I'm really excited to attend that!
    I'll be sure to share my experience after the event, but until then, I'll be patiently waiting for that weekend to come!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kon For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    40d 14h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Favorite concert memory: At Bonnaroo in 2014, Lionel Richie was one of the big shows on the main stage the first night of the festival. Our group of 8 started a conga line during "All Night Long" and made our way from near the back to almost the front of the stage. By the time the song was over, we had probably 150-200 people all conga lining their way through the crowd of 50,000+ people. It was awesome.

Best concert memory: I proposed to my wife during the opening act of a country music festival. I had drunkenly messaged Carly Pearce a few months before the concert to ask if she would give us a crowd shout out so that I could propose out in the crowd, but she responded and we ended up chatting for a while. She had recently been engaged and offered to bring us back stage to enjoy the show. She had me pick a song and she brought my wife and I out- I proposed and she kept us on stage during the song I chose ("Closer to You") and sang and danced with us. It was incredible.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawking For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-23-2023),nousha (06-28-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links) Definitely let us know how it went!

@(you need an account to see links) Aww that's such a sweet story, thank you so much for sharing!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    26 times
    Time Online
    40d 16h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    I went to my first ever concert which was a Keshi concert and people were thirsty LMAO and kept barking for Keshi to appear on stage or take his shirt off. It was kinda funny and kinda weird to experience. I also felt like there were 3 encores haha so it's nice to see that artists will spend time on making the concert feel like a personal experience. I really liked it and definitely will be concert going more in the future!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cerberus For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links) I'm glad you had so much fun! Going to shows is the best, I'm never taking them for granted again after all the lockdown stuff. I've never heard of Keshi, I'll have to give him a listen!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    I'm going to see Blink-182 this Friday I've never seen them live and I was listening to them on my way to work and the thought crossed my mind of me saying "this is one of the few bands, if not THE band, I regret not ever getting to see live". I get to work and check my news feeds and find out the band got back together and will tour so that was obviously a sign lol.

As far as concert stories, I studied abroad in Japan in college and went to a hip hop show with a friend and it was so fun, but after the show, we hung out with one of the guys in one of the groups because he spoke some English and thought we were cool because we said we were from California. It was fun talking to him and we took a picture and he was like "oh throw up for the West Side!!" so the picture was the 3 of us looking like gangstas with the West Side hand signs lmao. It's cool to meet people like that and have conversations about subcultures that you don't really expect to hear about or actually meet!
    (you need an account to see links)

Update to the Blink-182 show: it was awesome and it felt like I didn't miss out on shows in the past. They acted the way I expected with their...Blink-182-isms lol.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by lint View Post
    (you need an account to see links)

Update to the Blink-182 show: it was awesome and it felt like I didn't miss out on shows in the past. They acted the way I expected with their...Blink-182-isms lol.
    I'm so glad it lived up to your hopes! Everyone in the crowd looks so jazzed to be there.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (06-27-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I've only ever been to one concert.
    I was a president of one of the FFA Chapters in California.

Every chapter went to the national convention. It's like a 3 day to a week long convention.

The last night they throw a concert. I dont even remember who was playing. Some pop country boy band.

Our team wore Letters on our shirts that spelt out our chapter. We were asked to come front row for photos. This is the only photo I still have from that event.
    The person responsible for photos that year lost the flash drive with all the ones taken on the chapters camera.

Still a fun time. I was 17 at the time. I blurred everyone else's face.
    If anyone recognizes the people on stage would be cool to know who we saw ahahaha.

I was not into country music at the time.

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Crooked (06-27-2023)