Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I guess I should come out of the shadows after all these years...

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    449 times
    Time Online
    64d 11h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Hi *waves*

Yeah travelling around Oz is amazing with so much to see and do. I have been to a lot of places here over the years, but there is still so much unexplored area where I haven't been yet. I understand the allure of travelling overseas, but when you have so much to see and do here in our own country, I don't see the need to myself. Where abouts have you been to in Australia? What was your favourite part of it?
    I didn't get to explore *too* much, but I was lucky enough to have a close friend located in Sydney, so I go to know that area pretty well. Also got to travel around the blue mountains and see Jenolan caves, which probably was my favorite part!

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderTheory View Post
    Heya Strat!

I used to lurk on occasion around shchmeorfrodex, but never got involved with the community.

Camping seems like so much fun! I've only been in campground lodges, but would love to do the real genuine experience someday with foraging and fishing

Oh my gosh, Australia is like one of my dream places to visit-- especially for the wildlife! I also love Violet Crumble bars, haha
    Hi

See, me, I would LOVE to spend a night or two in a mountain wood log cabin, in the snow (never been to the snow ever *cries*) somewhere in the Canadian high country or similar. That would be an amazing experience for me. But yeah as you said, the 'real' camping is where it's at. Getting right back to nature, sleeping out under the stars, it's the best!

also, OMG, VIOLET CRUMBLES..... *drools* love them too! So good....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TsUNaMy WaVe View Post
    I didn't get to explore *too* much, but I was lucky enough to have a close friend located in Sydney, so I go to know that area pretty well. Also got to travel around the blue mountains and see Jenolan caves, which probably was my favorite part!
    Oh, I've heard of the Jenolan Caves, pretty spectacular site to see apparently. I really want to take a trip to Tasmania during the colder months. Some of the mountainous scenery there is so amazing and it's one place I have yet to visit within Australia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (05-29-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 22h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Welcome officially to cK, Strat!

I misread your nickname for the other place at first as SMH-ODEX and got a good chuckle out of it. Never was a part of it but have enjoyed my time here. I've seen some stunning photos of Australia so I hope you and your wife have some wonderful trips!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    Welcome officially to cK, Strat!

I misread your nickname for the other place at first as SMH-ODEX and got a good chuckle out of it. Never was a part of it but have enjoyed my time here. I've seen some stunning photos of Australia so I hope you and your wife have some wonderful trips!
    Thanks @(you need an account to see links) I'm sure there have been times when people have indeed SMH at the other site ahahaha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (05-29-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Hey there fellow Aussie *waves* I'm from Melbourne so you better not be from Sydney haha.

Violet crumble always sticks to my teeth so I'm not too fond of it but being a 90s kid I remember loving Yowies (the chocolate with toys inside). I've been to Buller and Hotham a lot when I was younger but I kind of got spooked out of it after a teacher of mine died in an avalanche back in high school.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by firedrops View Post
    Hey there fellow Aussie *waves* I'm from Melbourne so you better not be from Sydney haha.

Violet crumble always sticks to my teeth so I'm not too fond of it but being a 90s kid I remember loving Yowies (the chocolate with toys inside). I've been to Buller and Hotham a lot when I was younger but I kind of got spooked out of it after a teacher of mine died in an avalanche back in high school.
    Ohai there Nah, I'm from Adelaide myself. You either love it or hate it, but apparently it's rated as one of the most liveable cities in the world here, so I guess that's kinda cool? xD I remember Yowies too! (me, I'm an 80's kid, but grew up in primary school in the 90's). I remember "back in my day", when you could get those Ghost Drop lollies (candy for you non-aussie folk) for like 5 cents each hahaha.

Also, sorry to hear about your teacher, was that the Thredbo avalanche? I remember that being all over the news with that bloke, Stuart Diver who got trapped for ages and managed miraculously to be pulled out alive.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    10d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Ohai there Nah, I'm from Adelaide myself. You either love it or hate it, but apparently it's rated as one of the most liveable cities in the world here, so I guess that's kinda cool? xD I remember Yowies too! (me, I'm an 80's kid, but grew up in primary school in the 90's). I remember "back in my day", when you could get those Ghost Drop lollies (candy for you non-aussie folk) for like 5 cents each hahaha.

Also, sorry to hear about your teacher, was that the Thredbo avalanche? I remember that being all over the news with that bloke, Stuart Diver who got trapped for ages and managed miraculously to be pulled out alive.
    I've never been to Adelaide. I've heard the water tastes weird but I don't want to make judgements on something that I haven't experienced myself. I have been to Mount Gambier though. The sinkhole garden was really memorable and I've never seen anything like it before. Are Ghost Drops similar to Warheads? I remember my parents sold them at the Milk Bar they owned. Too bad Milk Bars pretty much don't exist any more :/

No, it wasn't. My teacher was in the 2014 Mt. Bogong avalanche. Both of the men involved died and there was a memorial service at school x)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by firedrops View Post
    I've never been to Adelaide. I've heard the water tastes weird but I don't want to make judgements on something that I haven't experienced myself. I have been to Mount Gambier though. The sinkhole garden was really memorable and I've never seen anything like it before. Are Ghost Drops similar to Warheads? I remember my parents sold them at the Milk Bar they owned. Too bad Milk Bars pretty much don't exist any more :/

No, it wasn't. My teacher was in the 2014 Mt. Bogong avalanche. Both of the men involved died and there was a memorial service at school x)
    The water here can have a weird chlorine like taste at times yes, but nothing too bad. We invested in a PuraTap system to filter out all the dodgy crap and regularly buy spring water in the boxes/bladder type thing.
    Mt. Gambier is a stunning place to visit. We stayed in Naracoorte (about 45km from there) a couple of years ago now and did a day trip down to check out the Blue Lake/Umperstone Sinkhole. Simply stunning indeed. Have a few shots which I will upload here shortly.