Thread: Monster Hunter Rise demo now available for a limited time!

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m

Monster Hunter Rise demo now available for a limited time!

Available from January 7th - February 1st 12am PST / 3am EST
    During the above period, the demo will be available for download on the Nintendo eShop

Quick rundown
    - This is a free demo of Monster Hunter Rise for Nintendo Switch.
    - You need a Nintendo Account in order to access the Nintendo eShop.
    - You need 1.6GB of free space on your Nintendo Switch or your microSD card to download the demo.
    - Up to four players can play the demo in Local or Online Multiplayer, as long as each player downloads the demo.
    - In order to use Online Multiplayer, a Nintendo Switch Online membership is required.
    - The quests for Great Izuchi and Mizutsune can only be played a total of 30 times.
    - Once you've reached this limit, all 4 quests, including the Basic Training Quest and the Wyvern Riding Training Quest, will no longer be available.

There are two tutorial missions and two full hunts! We have all 14 weapon types available to try out as well!

By completing the demo, you will be able to claim in game items once the game is released.
    (Providing you purchase the game and do not delete the saved data from your demo).

The item pack will award:
    20 Mega Potions
    5 Pitfall Traps
    10 Energy Drinks
    5 Mega Demondrugs
    5 Mega Armorskins

SO EXCITED TO CHECK OUT THE PALAMUTES
    So far I've done one of the basic training tutorial missions and if you are a fan of Monster Hunter, you're going to really enjoy this!
    I usually dislike preordering games, but will be making an exception for this one!

(you need an account to see links) is the official page for MH!

The full game launches March 26th!

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-08-2021),Mito (01-08-2021)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    I got the collector's edition of this game! I put a ton of hours into Monster Hunter World, but hated sitting in front of my PS4 lol. I've been wanting a new MH for the switch for a while and I can't wait ~ I'm primarily a bow user and the controls seem super fluid on the switch, it'll just take some time to get used to it.

In the meantime, I'll probably practice with the Switch Axe and Dual Blades since I always wanted to try those out.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I got the collector's edition of this game! I put a ton of hours into Monster Hunter World, but hated sitting in front of my PS4 lol. I've been wanting a new MH for the switch for a while and I can't wait ~ I'm primarily a bow user and the controls seem super fluid on the switch, it'll just take some time to get used to it.

In the meantime, I'll probably practice with the Switch Axe and Dual Blades since I always wanted to try those out.

Congrats! It looks like its going to be such a great game! Likewise have been waiting since MHW for one to come out for the switch! World was my first MH game and fell in love with it quickly. How do you like the bow? Is it tough to master? I 100% recommend trying out the dual blades, I used those exclusively in world and they are just so much fun to work with. The only downside is that they can do low damage at times despite you having a lot of speed, so it can be a pain taking on some of the bigger monsters solo. (Or maybe I just suck which is also hella likely xD)

I agree with you in that the controls feel very fluid on the switch. Was a little weary coming from the PS4 to a handheld but its just so much fun already. (Oh my gosh and Palamutes are just the most adorable aslsakslaksa)

Pronouns
    he/him/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    57d 14h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    I've actually never played a Monster Hunter game, so I'm excited to try!
    "when I say acab, I include tony p"

-Proverb, 2021

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Double.Trouble For This Useful Post:

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    704 times
    Time Online
    349d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanobyte View Post
    Congrats! It looks like its going to be such a great game! Likewise have been waiting since MHW for one to come out for the switch! World was my first MH game and fell in love with it quickly. How do you like the bow? Is it tough to master? I 100% recommend trying out the dual blades, I used those exclusively in world and they are just so much fun to work with. The only downside is that they can do low damage at times despite you having a lot of speed, so it can be a pain taking on some of the bigger monsters solo. (Or maybe I just suck which is also hella likely xD)

I agree with you in that the controls feel very fluid on the switch. Was a little weary coming from the PS4 to a handheld but its just so much fun already. (Oh my gosh and Palamutes are just the most adorable aslsakslaksa)
    MHW was my first game too! I originally played Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS as my first handheld MH game and it was cute and at least introduced me to most of the monsters.

As for the Bow, that weapon carried me in MHW. I don't like playing online so I solo'd most monsters, but the thing I was always wary of most was stamina. Always made sure I had items on me that kept it full at all times and traps. Capturing a monster and just shooting at either detachable parts or the head along with the rain attack on the bow was so helpful. Playing your cards right with multiple headshots would also keep them in a somewhat permanent stun as well.

The bow is very easy to learn and with this demo, I slayed both monsters fairly quick using the bow. It's really dependent on where you hit the monster and how often you can do so. I also like how easy it is to dodge as well. Idk how it is for most weapons, but when I played World, it got to the point where I just knew the right spot to stand with the bow to not only narrowly avoid an attack, but to also be close enough to do max damage. I would have thought I'd stay as far away as possible using it, but I only really stay far away when I'm fighting a heavy hitting monster and trying to learn their pattern.

I'll give the dual blades a try though! I'm fine with doing low damage since I can probably take the time to learn the monster better haha. And the Palicos and Palamutes are too much!! ;A; I already loved the cats in World and now I get a dog too, bless.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Double.Trouble View Post
    I've actually never played a Monster Hunter game, so I'm excited to try!

Thats awesome! I hope you have a good time checking it out, its a lot of fun! It can be a lot to remember at first, but once you get going its a breeze ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    MHW was my first game too! I originally played Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS as my first handheld MH game and it was cute and at least introduced me to most of the monsters.
    Ah! Thats awesome! Seems like it was a starting point for a lot of people! I had heard about it on 3DS but for some reason just stuck to Pokemon and never really branched out. Im with you on playing solo, its just a lot more peaceful. Or at least as peaceful as it can get while slaying monsters. xD

Duly noted on the bow. Keep an eye on stamina and aim well! Ooo keeping them stunned sounds badass and very convenient! Going to give the bow a chance and feel it out. You’ll do awesome with dual blades, it seems as if the dodge areas/hit boxes are similar. Using elemental blades and dash dodging will be your best friend! The downside is they have a stupidly short range which makes some of the bigger monsters a little tricky, or flying monsters. They get stamina hungry in demon mode as well.

Can not wait to get to customize the Palamute and Palico. Its just too much cuteness!
    -Though I hope the Palicos heal and act better in this one because sometimes in world I stg they would just never be there when needed most. T.T