93/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    25d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Running Programs with Tunnelbear

Will Tunnelbear work as an effective proxy while i run programs such as kad feeders/autobuyers?
    Probably a silly question, but Id rather not risk it and get IP'd

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I haven't used it myself (I use PIA), but it's a VPN- it's supposed to cover all internet use while it's on, so should cover the programs.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 20h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Will Tunnelbear work as an effective proxy while i run programs such as kad feeders/autobuyers?
    Probably a silly question, but Id rather not risk it and get IP'd
    I notice though it likes to switch areas while your using it. Say you choose a nevada vpn well an hour later you check your ip it'll be missouri

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    93/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    25d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidoking View Post
    I notice though it likes to switch areas while your using it. Say you choose a nevada vpn well an hour later you check your ip it'll be missouri

Ive never noticed any problems like that. Usually i just use tunnelbear to poke around on random junk/storage accounts.
    My main concern is me running a program for a few hours using tunnelbear, then tunnelbear bitches out and drops the IP mask all together and uses my actual IP, that i use for my legit main account.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Ive never noticed any problems like that. Usually i just use tunnelbear to poke around on random junk/storage accounts.
    My main concern is me running a program for a few hours using tunnelbear, then tunnelbear bitches out and drops the IP mask all together and uses my actual IP, that i use for my legit main account.
    It might be a matter of you get what you pay for; a quality, reliable VPN shouldn't give you that anxiety, or location-switch like @(you need an account to see links) mentioned.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    14d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
    It might be a matter of you get what you pay for; a quality, reliable VPN shouldn't give you that anxiety, or location-switch like @(you need an account to see links) mentioned.
    What would you recommend as a reliable VPN?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I use Private Internet Access myself, but there are other good ones out there. Think about what sort of features you might want, like whether or not the company itself keeps data of you, whether there is a kill switch feature (where the internet won't work unless the VPN is connected, when selected. So if it did drop, it wouldn't continue botting), etc. It's worthwhile to do the homework and ensure you're going to be happy and protected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

siaospear (04-28-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    7d 10h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Tunnelbear has dropped once for me, but I think its after a few hours of running it and not touching the computer (Like around 8 + hours I think? I had forgot to turn in off and came back to it disconnected) I would love an answer too. I have never used any programs but if what @(you need an account to see links) said is true (Which I haven't noticed) that would be a sure sign to TNT

I pay for Tunnelbear so I don't think it should drop or switch ip's randomly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by siaospear View Post
    What would you recommend as a reliable VPN?
    Try mudfish. It's a cheap per-per-traffic / subscription VPN service. One of the cheapest ones out there. And it's mighty solid proxying. I recommend to always tunnel ur traffic thru 2 or more nodes/ips so that even if a node drops or shuts down or whatever, the traffic will still go thru a secondary node. This never happens for me though. I use mudfish. The servers are quite solid. You cn even choose which nodes u want depending on their RTT/ping or their traffic load, choosing low traffic nodes instead. The tendancy of free VPN nodes is that they are easily overloaded cuz the providers only reserve a limited bandwidth to their free VPN. Tunnelbear is a paid service first and foremost. Their free service is a bit of advertisement to let u taste what their VPN cn provide.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to foreignemphasis For This Useful Post:

siaospear (05-17-2016)