2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Smile Hi everyone!

I'm a returning player and I've been lurking on here a lot these past few days
    I don't remember what made me go back to neo but it might've been the stress of adult life. Going on there reminds me of simpler times but it's been hard to catch up with all the changes. The new interface is confusing as hell and I wish there was still a way to go back to classic.
    Anyway, nice to meet you all! If anyone can give me a few pointers on what to do on these boards I'd appreciate it! It's been a long time since I've been on any boards whatsoever haha

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    259 times
    Time Online
    30d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    have you tried grundos cafe? its a more classic feel! good to see you back in the frying pan! its really fun here. nice to meet you! && welcome to cK!

Aside from UI what do you currently like about the neopets feel?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Hi! Welcome to cK and welcome back to Neopets! How did you find us? What do you like doing on Neo?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    1d 21h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    welcome to ck! (: everyone here is really helpful so dont be afraid to ask for help.
    the new layout on neo annoys me honestly but im starting to get used to it. kind of. ;s i miss the classic layout bad.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    150d 23h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    helloo @(you need an account to see links)! welcome to cK! welcome back to neo!! truth be told, neo has been the best at keeping me grounded lately. there's so much to do, despite the changes that've been happening.
    what do you usually happen upon when you're online?

also, in terms of here, what are you seeking? place to catch up on neo? place to eat, play games, talk about life?
    cK's own version of tamagotchi.. 👀
    there's lots going on!

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    46d 16h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Welcome to cK! I know what you mean about the interface, it's taken a huge part of the nostalgia away. I wish at some point they release a retro theme, but that's almost never going to happen!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks everyone!! This weekend has been really busy so I'm gonna reply to everyone at once now!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    have you tried grundos cafe? its a more classic feel! good to see you back in the frying pan! its really fun here. nice to meet you! && welcome to cK!

Aside from UI what do you currently like about the neopets feel?
    never heard of grundo's cafe! I just checked it out and it seems you need an invite to join. Would appreciate it if you had any to spare
    To be fair I think the thing I like the most about current neo is the fact you can finally have more than 4 pets haha. I used to have lots of sides just to keep mine because I grew attached to all of them even if they weren't rare colors etc.
    Also the fact I'm now an adult. And kinda smarter about lots of things. You know that meme that's like "I should've bought a house in 2008 instead of being in 4th grade"? That's how I feel about not getting a UC back in 2006 as an 8 year old. Dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Hi! Welcome to cK and welcome back to Neopets! How did you find us? What do you like doing on Neo?
    I found clraik when I was looking up ways to make rsing easier As a kid I had no idea you could make things using javascript. Had I known that earlier I would've probably learned some programming.
    On neo I used to enjoy avatar collecting but I feel like I have a lot to catch up on. And it pisses me off that so many of the newest avatars were restricted to plots and stuff so I'll always be behind in numbers I used to have 300+ back when the max was around 320!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sqork View Post
    welcome to ck! (: everyone here is really helpful so dont be afraid to ask for help.
    the new layout on neo annoys me honestly but im starting to get used to it. kind of. ;s i miss the classic layout bad.
    Thank you! I'm trying to get used to it too but mostly I find myself opening up the neomails page from the homepage just so I can access the old layout and navigate from there lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    helloo @(you need an account to see links)! welcome to cK! welcome back to neo!! truth be told, neo has been the best at keeping me grounded lately. there's so much to do, despite the changes that've been happening.
    what do you usually happen upon when you're online?

also, in terms of here, what are you seeking? place to catch up on neo? place to eat, play games, talk about life?
    cK's own version of tamagotchi.. 👀
    there's lots going on!
    To be fair I feel like there isn't much to do on neo aside from dailies. I feel kinda lost
    Mostly I enjoy playing old games such as NQ and plushie tycoon haha. When I was younger I'd spend all day on neoboards but I feel weird going there nowadays. Even being here feels weird due to social anxiety but I'm trying to fight back
    I'd like to make friends!! It's been a while since I had online friends. Especially ones from other countries! And I'm interested in tamagotchi!!! hahah how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Welcome to cK! I know what you mean about the interface, it's taken a huge part of the nostalgia away. I wish at some point they release a retro theme, but that's almost never going to happen!
    yeah! To be fair what pisses me off the most is the fact the new layout isn't even UX friendly! If you're gonna change things then at least do it for the better. I remember when the layout changed for the first time in 2006? 2007? 2008? idk it was also weird but it made sense with the menu dropdowns and all. Nowadays it's just bad. I don't get the need to default interfaces to mobile instead of building responsive websites. End of UX rant

that was everyone I think! Thanks for the warm welcomes!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reliablystainless For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-01-2023),Ariealle (10-02-2023),Excalibur (10-02-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    187 times
    Time Online
    46d 16h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by reliablystainless View Post
    yeah! To be fair what pisses me off the most is the fact the new layout isn't even UX friendly! If you're gonna change things then at least do it for the better. I remember when the layout changed for the first time in 2006? 2007? 2008? idk it was also weird but it made sense with the menu dropdowns and all. Nowadays it's just bad. I don't get the need to default interfaces to mobile instead of building responsive websites. End of UX rant
    Yeah the previous one was fine, it was functional and it worked. The new one is so bad I still go to old pages like SDB and your shop page to default to other options.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    456 times
    Time Online
    64d 18h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Hi! Welcome to ck and welcome back to Neo!

I see other people already told you about the awesome stuff we have here... I personally really like the userbars! Especially since thanks to them I get to participate in some really neat activities that are going on around here
    Also I totally feel you about Neo's layout... I really wish the classic one would have remained an option... I hate how it refresh my inventory every time I do something with just one item!!!! so annoying ugh

Anyway, I hope to see you around the forums ^~^

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    259 times
    Time Online
    30d 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i do not have a referral but i do have some friends whom might!! I totally feel that. Being adults and playing is much more satisfying IMHO it just seems i can navigate things easier even with their UI being wonky lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

reliablystainless (10-02-2023)