Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Old but gold View Post
    Despite all these rumors being nothing more than fake news... Have you seen the latest released items?

(you need an account to see links)

They're making us notice the Unconverted situation.
    I can't figure up their intentions for doing this, but I can't either blame people who want to believe for hanging in every little piece of hope TNT gives to them :/
    Perhaps I'm naive enough to think they (OP) didn't have second intentions, not that I actually care tbh xD
    Tbh I think it's a situation where when they 'Went back to the drawing board' UC's were discussed as a popular part of the site. So selling merchandise related to them is a lucrative move.
    It's us that take it so far because we are truly passionate about UC neopets in general so any small inkling of info has everyone in a frenzy.
    Like a bunch of piranha quite frankly XD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Old but gold (07-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
    But I don't see how they could allow NC UC if it was a rights issue?
    ^ Whoops I had meant to say 'replicas' here not NC UC
    The old art is the sole anchor to me sticking around neo.
    I think re:replicas vs NC UC is that they're not charging for replicas, but NC UCs would be direct monetization of them and if the rights did happen to belong to someone else then that would be an issue as opposed to usage that originally fell within whatever agreement there might have been with the artist (i.e. use on site but not sold directly for $)

Quote Originally Posted by Old but gold View Post
    Despite all these rumors being nothing more than fake news... Have you seen the latest released items?

They're making us notice the Unconverted situation.
    I can't figure up their intentions for doing this, but I can't either blame people who want to believe for hanging in every little piece of hope TNT gives to them :/
    Perhaps I'm naive enough to think they (OP) didn't have second intentions, not that I actually care tbh xD

I mean this isn't the first time they've released "UC" themed wearables with their merch tie-ins and I don't think it's any kind of underhanded "we know what you want but aren't giving it to you in the WAY you want" kick in the face or anything. They're probably just trying to capitalize on people's love of the UC pets since they know we are vying for them without being able to fully release NC UCs yet... I guess a bit of a handout to tide us over but I don't think they're doing it to be mean about the whole situation haha

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Charizard (07-28-2023),Synth Salazzle (07-26-2023),Zenitsu (07-28-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    16d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I've been thinking about the UC stuff a lot recently, like as in how they will release it.

I'm hoping they don't think the public wants "modernized" UCs with better and more "appealing" shading styles and anatomy/stylization. The public wants the old charm of UCs.

Also been wondering how they're going to appeal to both camps - those who don't have UCs and those who do. People will be up in arms if the new UCs aren't different from the original UCs in some way, so I honestly just wish they'd go ahead and tell us what they're gonna do so that those folks can have their meltdown and we can begin to heal lol.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueFox For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-27-2023),kittyray (07-26-2023),Lyrichord (07-28-2023),Raylu (07-28-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Yeah, I've had really mixed feelings of the naming of new items to be "UC xyz" because it's not like anything other than user's pets follow those same models, for all intents and purposes, a lot of this stuff should just be neopets. I don't know if that makes any sense but I don't know how to word it.

I also really hope that they don't update the UC artwork, I love UCs for the nostalgia and old school styles.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

BlueFox (07-26-2023),Fiore (07-28-2023),Ice (07-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    129 times
    Time Online
    138d 4h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Honestly, at this point, I think TNT enjoys teasing UCs because it lures people back to the site, and then people continue to play in the hopes that one day, just one day, the "what if"s will cease to be. It's easier than actually coming up with something that'd work and doesn't risk pissing off a bunch of people for whatever reason.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I honestly think that the *only* reason UCs will never come back to the site, *if* that is their fate, is because the people running Neopets don't want to do it.

I really think that.

I think they want some kind of all-encompassing solution and no half-measures (as people have said, lots of pets don't have UC art), but if they can't figure out their perfect solution, they won't do it.

To be fair, I think even if UCs came out as with the replica maker, people would complain about values dropping, etc. etc. so I think they have reasons to want to do this as well as they can. Conversion itself was a mess for not being an all-encompassing solution, so they don't want to make that mistake again.

But the chances are that they just *won't* release UCs unless they can find that perfect solution and implement it. I hope they will, but it just depends on how much they want it. I don't believe there are real legal issues getting in the way, nor do I think there are unsolveable technical problems either.

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Corliss For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-28-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I just want a UC christmas zafara TNT make it happen.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-28-2023),kittyray (07-28-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    It would be cruel to tease us with all this new UC theme merch like the pins and stuff to build up hype for them to just like, not actually intend to release them on the site. I'd rather them do all the fine-tuning they need and take their time so everything works perfectly!

And by fine-tuning they mentioned working on positioning (some UCs "float" on some backgrounds) and fixing some shaky lineart. They even seem to be interested in making UC art of pets that don't have any. Can you imagine having a UC Plushie Xwee? Or UC Vandagyres?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Cocobutter (07-28-2023),DarkSkies (07-28-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've seen & thought of a couple of hypotheses on how they might do it.

Option 1 - UC "paint brush" or item (NP or NC)
    Option 2 - Some kind of once-per-account type thing like a magma pool dip or FFQ. Maybe a premium perk?
    Option 3 - NC Mall UC "wearable" that gives the impression of a UC pet
    Option 4 - Create a "new" UC option. Like buying a new pet slot + combined with their method of creating replicas. No idea how this would work in practice though.
    [EDIT]: Any of these options plus the stipulation that the newly created UCs are no-trade.

I'll edit this if I see any other ideas crop up or if anyone wants to add on.

Option 3 feels like it would be the least likely to tank the PC. I wonder how *actually bad* it would be, though, to kinda level the playing field there. For as long as I can remember, there have been pretty much distinct markets for UCs and converteds. Whatever TNT chooses to do, if they choose to do it, it would need to be "rare" enough not to piss off the people who worked their asses off for YEARS trading up to like a VBN mutant or something.
    Last edited by 11milestereo; 07-28-2023 at 11:03 PM.
    hit me baby one more time!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 11milestereo For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (08-01-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    557d 23h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    tbh I've spent hundreds on UCs and I would have zero issue if they were available for much less in the NC Mall. I'd feel bad for all my friends who potentially lose their side-hustle, but I wouldn't be pissed for myself.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

11milestereo (07-28-2023),DarkSkies (07-28-2023),Fiore (07-29-2023),Styx (07-29-2023)