Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Question Random Neofriend Requests

I might just be worrying over nothing, but I recently got a couple of random neofriend requests. I checked the accounts out and they look like shells. I blocked the first one this morning and then the second one was sent sometime within the past 8 hours after that, so I'm assuming it'd be the same person sending the requests.

Have there been active accounts being targeted lately?

I'm guessing they'd be trying to see if I was active or maybe get my birthday or something, though I'm premium so even though my pets are always hungry you'd think it'd be enough of a sign that I still come on neo.

Any suggestions on what to do, if anything?

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by skelekitten View Post
    I might just be worrying over nothing, but I recently got a couple of random neofriend requests. I checked the accounts out and they look like shells. I blocked the first one this morning and then the second one was sent sometime within the past 8 hours after that, so I'm assuming it'd be the same person sending the requests.

I'm guessing they'd be trying to see if I was active or maybe get my birthday or something, though I'm premium so even though my pets are always hungry you'd think it'd be enough of a sign that I still come on neo.

There has been a rash of active account thefts lately. It's possible that your would-be neofriends were attempting to get your birth date and month by adding you. Unless there's an exploit that we're not aware of, you could benefit from a password change to something containing uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and a few special characters for good measure. Watch out for temporary bans due to too many failed sign-ins, and make sure that your email address hasn't been taken over or signed into by unrecognized devices (and IPs).

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

BlueFox (01-12-2019),Delibird (01-12-2019),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-12-2019),Sakuras (01-13-2019),skelekitten (01-13-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by skelekitten View Post

Have you done anything like been on the HST/CC/BC/TP? Sometimes randoms try to add people they see as impressive (possible to hope to get free shit).

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

Delibird (01-12-2019),Goddammit (01-12-2019),Sakuras (01-13-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    126/0
    Mentioned
    300 times
    Time Online
    218d 12h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 43m
    I had this happen to me twice very recently, I had posted on the boards but the neofriend requests came days after the board had already been deleted so yup, pretty heckin weird
    Rejected, changed every single account info I could and disabled all requests just in case

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cybun For This Useful Post:

Delibird (01-12-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    16d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    there's a big circlejerk thread on the HC where they were talking about getting an uncomfortable number of random NF requests this week, which was a little concerning since to my knowledge basically everyone who posts there has what would be a very valuable account. i hope they're all wise enough to keep their stuff safe even if they get on my nerves.

two of my accounts received some random NF requests recently as well, including one that looks very "established" but has never actually posted on the neoboards. i did the usual block + PW change and just moved on.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbeaux For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-13-2019),skelekitten (01-13-2019)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    34d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I've gotten two similar requests from accounts looking like shells. Changed my passwords and blocked the people and haven't had a problem since but it is creepy. :/

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    230d 9h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I received random NF requests too. I just either block or just ignore their request.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    22d 14h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    Have you done anything like been on the HST/CC/BC/TP? Sometimes randoms try to add people they see as impressive (possible to hope to get free shit).
    That... that actually might explain my random requests. I've had some people straight up ask me for stuff, too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I always keep mine blocked, but hopefully there's no exploit that garners through requesting the user as a NF.

After the PC scare i changed my pin, email, pw, and everything else lol

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I get random requests every so often. If its someone Ive never spoken to, I just decline and block. I dont think there is anything else you can do. Is there a block NF requests filter? I feel dumb not knowing that lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk