109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    There are exceptions though. but I can pretty much say VWN pets by now are all being watched to a degree. Theres only so many letter combinations (that make sense and are pronouncable) and people been stalking for years now.

DN-VBN pets i'd imagine aren't watched nearly as much. unless its like a mispelling of a RW/RN that makes it DN then it might be watched.
    High end as well? I'm talking royal plushie etc? No matter what?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    From the neoauto source code

Same way how this was made

(you need an account to see links)

Except some trickery was used, its a secret.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    High end as well? I'm talking royal plushie etc? No matter what?
    if your off the neoboards i'd say a DN-VBN PRDK could definitely be pulled off no doubt.

If people plan to move to neoboards though i'd just stick with buying on OG account, making that active, then staging a transfer.
    Last edited by |2eap; 04-11-2017 at 02:33 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |2eap For This Useful Post:

Bowsette (04-11-2017),♥ Decepticon ♥ (04-12-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    I'd probably just get the UC with the account and keep it on there lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    There are exceptions though. but I can pretty much say VWN pets by now are all being watched to a degree. Theres only so many letter combinations (that make sense and are pronouncable) and people been stalking for years now.

DN-VBN pets i'd imagine aren't watched nearly as much. unless its like a mispelling of a RW/RN that makes it DN then it might be watched.

But thats assuming one doesn't go on the boards, you can pretty much assume, anytime anyone sees your UC for the first time they are reporting it.
    Or if it's a popular species. I don't think Jetsams, for example, are heavily stalked compared to Faeries.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-11-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Impala View Post
    I'd probably just get the UC with the account and keep it on there lol
    I mean its definitely situational you know?

Depends to what length the seller is willing to go. Are they willing to make the pet active and transfer it directly (I doubt it, if they have multiple pets and purchases, thats a lot of pets and people to keep up with just to sell for a couple bucks)
    Someone whos already active on the PC, and looking to sell their active accounts stuff, could easily stage a trade since their account is already active and they are still actively playing, params would need to be discussed beforehand but i'd imagine that'd be cake.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aska View Post
    Or if it's a popular species. I don't think Jetsams, for example, are heavily stalked compared to Faeries.
    Thats true as well, fortunately with popular species, there are a lot more of them to begin with so there is more of a deception. But this is very true.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    I mean its definitely situational you know?

Depends to what length the seller is willing to go. Are they willing to make the pet active and transfer it directly (I doubt it, if they have multiple pets and purchases, thats a lot of pets and people to keep up with just to sell for a couple bucks)
    Someone whos already active on the PC, and looking to sell their active accounts stuff, could easily stage a trade since their account is already active and they are still actively playing, params would need to be discussed beforehand but i'd imagine that'd be cake.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Thats true as well, fortunately with popular species, there are a lot more of them to begin with so there is more of a deception. But this is very true.
    Cheers. Know what I'm doing then XD

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I've been contemplating this topic for a few days and I think I've come up with a sure fire solution to getting the UC's onto the PC safely. Which will take some effort (which sucks).

But the issue is, no matter if seller or buyer secured the UC from whatever account. Each Neopets account has a pet trade history logged (this is legit i've seent it/ used it in amf).

So it's not a matter of the UC's being secured, its just a matter of timeing of when the UC's get reported, and where the UC is located.

NOW, that being said, UC's that have been secured YEARS ago and are still on those respective accounts, are probably safe from this.

But lets say we move a UC from an inactive account to a shell/main account, let it sit for 180 days, then sell the account with UC. The new owner goes to fake a trade or moves directly to their main (yes, people do that immediately lol WHICH CAN BE OKAY SOMETIMES, i'll explain more below)

As soon as the pet is exposed it gets reported routinely because thats what the PC community does. This pet will get frozen and reversed, because of its history. Regardless of being moved from an inactive account to a main/ shell and secured for half a year. Why? Because Neopets can still see trade history. And they will see something is fishy.

Break the scenario however you want to, it'll come out the same way, why? Because they can still see the trade history!

This makes things complicated for buyers and sellers because of a few reasons. Sellers should start selling their UC's as is on their accounts. However buyers might not want to purchase the extra baggage, but they have to. Why do they have to? Because now we are in a different aspect. Lets say they clear the account, move items to shells, pure to shells, and then let it sit and then sell the UC. Will Neopets not look into the account when its silent reported and see suspicious activity? Bam frozen.

So my solution is:

Buy UC as is, with whatever baggage it comes with. If seller did job right, the UC is already secured in terms of pw and pin and has not logged in for some time.

You login (using a STATIC private proxy) and do the dailys and other things that a normal Neopets player would do on their account. Lodge your pets etc etc.

Make the account active, and create some history of activity on the account for a longish time you wanna ensure when the reportings happen the account doesnt get frozen for suspicious activity (going inactive to active, which would be minified by the sellers recentish login, but still to be safe).

Then you'll take the account as is and start hitting the boards, TP, PC, etc. Everything as is and legit on the account mind you.

You'll get silent reported, and TNT will check it out. And if we did it right, everything will match up and the UC will be checked off the report list.

After having it active on the PC for some time. THEN stage a trade/adoption to yourself.

Even if that gets reported, what can they do? You staged the trade, you proxies accordingly, your pet already passed initially reporting (so really you OWN that new account and pulled it off)

Just my thoughts, it's how i used to sell UC's but unfortunately all the extra baggage really deters buyers. But maybe the fear of wasting the money would encourage people to spend the money on the extra baggage lol.

EDIT: Forgot to add how transferring directly can sometimes work, if the pet is DN-VBN and not brought onto the boards. I doubt anyone is stalking the pet.

It's a good way to go about it, but the problem of keeping the pet in the original inactive account is the risk of such original owner coming back, or such owner or old friends still stalking around, so making it slowly active on boards and everything will potentially bring attention of such people. I think that's the main reason why people move UCs out of the original account, in order to avoid that risk and secure the pet in an account that they have owned or have complete control over.

True is that you can initially do that and eventually, months later, fake a trade as you said (I think it's what most people do anyway) but still, might be safer to keep things outside the neoboards in general... it's not worth it to risk it trying to make a pet PC safe, unless is middle-low end. High-end UCs will be reported no matter what because that's how they are there

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    It's a good way to go about it, but the problem of keeping the pet in the original inactive account is the risk of such original owner coming back, or such owner or old friends still stalking around, so making it slowly active on boards and everything will potentially bring attention of such people. I think that's the main reason why people move UCs out of the original account, in order to avoid that risk and secure the pet in an account that they have owned or have complete control over.

True is that you can initially do that and eventually, months later, fake a trade as you said (I think it's what most people do anyway) but still, might be safer to keep things outside the neoboards in general... it's not worth it to risk it trying to make a pet PC safe, unless is middle-low end. High-end UCs will be reported no matter what because that's how they are there
    Hopefully the account the UC is on doesn't have any neofriends. Or close ones anyway XD

Pronouns
    he/him, she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    9d 17h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    do people really have nothing better to do.. i just wanna have nice pixels on a dying pet site, laura. why you gotta spam-report everything

but seriously thanks for the informative post @(you need an account to see links). i'll keep this in mind if i can ever be arsed to put that much effort into every uc i buy lmao

uwu

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Raylu For This Useful Post:

|2eap (04-12-2017)