DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 4h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm kind of annoyed about the "only advertise on the AC" thing purely because it makes it harder for me to get the av at some undetermined future time if I can't just pretend to be nice to everybody on the boards for a week to stinge votes tbh

Pronouns
    any :)
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    you guys should see the art chat. riot week is mainly comprised of a loud, childish minority. most of the art chat is fucking pissed as hell at the elitism some people caused and they fucking should be.

these artists are so self entitled. people love to moan and bitch about the app chat artists, but you don't see any of them participating in this art chat elitism...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

kittyray (07-19-2015),Mangle (07-19-2015),resJUN (07-19-2015),♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-19-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    59d 5h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I'll admit I've entered repeats a few times (edited here and there and once by accident), I've my had my reasons for it of course and I hardly ever advertise anyway. I made edits to one picture so I could advertise for the week and ended up being shit talked about on their 'riot board' and be spoken to like I'm utter crap on my own board and felt on the verge of tears. I ended up feeling terrible for the rest of the week and guilty as heck when I won bronze.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feline For This Useful Post:

Mangle (07-19-2015),Q*bert (07-19-2015)

Pronouns
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    I'll admit I've entered repeats a few times (edited here and there and once by accident), I've my had my reasons for it of course and I hardly ever advertise anyway. I made edits to one picture so I could advertise for the week and ended up being shit talked about on their 'riot board' and be spoken to like I'm utter crap on my own board and felt on the verge of tears. I ended up feeling terrible for the rest of the week and guilty as heck when I won bronze.
    i've entered a repeat once too but i actually touched up the picture b/c the shading looked bad and i still got shit from certain people on the art chat and this was like... a year ago LMAO some people there are just bitchy but for the most part it's the minority that is. a lot more people are pissed at the negativity the riot week has caused.

there's ways to get around this no BC link tho! you could put a petpage link in your sig and hope people click that and have your BC image + link on it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    11d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I also thought it was a good thing: less related to popularity contest or I like to put it, spamming contest. Seriously, the more spam you put out there, the more votes you'll get, the more likely would you be able to win. But seeing your skepticism, I understand where that comes from. 1. art chat is mostly dead and 2. most art chat boards are basically ads to vote on their pet...I hate how the art chat is basically beauty contest chat. Occasionally I see a few discussions about art and stuff but that is very rare.

It's a huge part of why I don't do art on neopets anymore. It's not fun to draw there but if there was any fun, it would be drawing your own OCs, entry or not. (That and TNT can literary take your art or art ideas as their own)

I be honest, I wish they focused their attention on actually changing the format of the beauty contest. Instead of a voting system, I hope they change it into a rating system, either something like 1 or 10 or even 1 to 3, 3 being the best. And then, give the artist an option for people to post comments, that way if the artist wants feedback, he/she could have that and it would help improve their art. I understand the need to start anywhere with art but in my eyes, I feel a lot of neopet artist do not improve, or at least improve at a really slow rate. It's partly because they aren't exposes constantly to good art that has unique style to art that has the good composition and form and so on and secondly, they aren't given feedback that would help them improve faster. I'm all for new art people but...it's just so rare to see good art on neopets.
    Last edited by charlieSheen; 07-19-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieSheen View Post
    I also thought it was a good thing: less related to popularity contest or I like to put it, spamming contest. Seriously, the more spam you put out there, the more votes you'll get, the more likely would you be able to win. But seeing your skepticism, I understand where that comes from. 1. art chat is mostly dead and 2. most art chat boards are basically ads to vote on their pet...I hate how the art chat is basically beauty contest chat. Occasionally I see a few discussions about art and stuff but that is very rare.

It's a huge part of why I don't do art on neopets anymore. It's not fun to draw there but if there was any fun, it would be drawing your own OCs, entry or not. (That and TNT can literary take your art or art ideas as their own)

I be honest, I wish they focused their attention on actually changing the format of the beauty contest. Instead of a voting system, I hope they change it into a rating system, either something like 1 or 10 or even 1 to 3, 3 being the best. And then, give the artist an option for people to post comments, that way if the artist wants feedback, he/she could have that and it would help improve their art. I understand the need to start anywhere with art but in my eyes, I feel a lot of neopet artist do not improve, or at least improve at a really slow rate. It's partly because they aren't exposes constantly to good art that has unique style to art that has the good composition and form and so on and secondly, they aren't given feedback that would help them improve faster. I'm all for new art people but...it's just so rare to see good art on neopets.
    that's a good idea. that's the way the customization contest is run, which is successful and a very popular contest. maybe don't release the ratings to artists except for the winning ones, but leave comments available. hopefully people wouldn't be jerks. of course, i have seen artists attack each other frequently, so who knows if the comment component would be viable.

Pronouns
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    21d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    the BC wouldn't be able to function like the customization contest b/c if it did, newer artists would never win. the BC is meant to be a place on Neo where people can enter weekly and seek to improve their art. it's never meant to function like the customization contest with ratings.

a lot of people just don't realize that spamming "GLT" on the PC with your BC link in your sig is just???? not a thing anymore. that's really kind of a thing of the past. and if you're blaming spammers for not winning when you really only need 100 votes to get gold, shame on you, b/c you didn't advertise hard enough.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Q*bert For This Useful Post:

♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-19-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    11d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert View Post
    the BC wouldn't be able to function like the customization contest b/c if it did, newer artists would never win. the BC is meant to be a place on Neo where people can enter weekly and seek to improve their art. it's never meant to function like the customization contest with ratings.

a lot of people just don't realize that spamming "GLT" on the PC with your BC link in your sig is just???? not a thing anymore. that's really kind of a thing of the past. and if you're blaming spammers for not winning when you really only need 100 votes to get gold, shame on you, b/c you didn't advertise hard enough.
    well, I was thinking the rating would be from 1 to 3, where three would be the best. but the numbers would correspond with the number of votes received: ie. 1 = 1 vote where 3 = 3 votes. it would be easier for better artist because most people would pick 3 for better quality drawings but it wouldn't be impossible for beginners to win. And I feel it would encourage people to improve so they'll get all 3 votes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm loling quite hard at the riot week pictures. Holy crap this is gold. Thank you JS for this bountiful drama which you have bestowed upon us.

The BC has always been a popularity pissing contest. I get pretty annoyed at people who come on to the boards with incredibly low-quality attention whoring posts just to get BC votes. At least this keeps them contained in a way. It's much easier to just avoid X board than see this spammy shit everywhere.

Actually...I'd rather they either get rid of vote links entirely or just get rid of the BC. That would be some A-level drama right there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Creme For This Useful Post:

fluttershy (07-19-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I'm loling quite hard at the riot week pictures. Holy crap this is gold. Thank you JS for this bountiful drama which you have bestowed upon us.

The BC has always been a popularity pissing contest. I get pretty annoyed at people who come on to the boards with incredibly low-quality attention whoring posts just to get BC votes. At least this keeps them contained in a way. It's much easier to just avoid X board than see this spammy shit everywhere.

Actually...I'd rather they either get rid of vote links entirely or just get rid of the BC. That would be some A-level drama right there.
    plot twist: it's like survivor and now you simply vote for who you do not want to win. least about of votes wins.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fluttershy For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (07-19-2015)