Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's something you have accomplished recently?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

What's something you have accomplished recently?

Today I was offered a new position at work as part of my contract extension! I will be taking over a coordinating role from my current supervisor when she goes on maternity leave. I'm super excited because I love this job, and my supervisor went out of her way to recognize how hard I have been working. She said everyone in the department speaks very highly of me, and they're eager to put me on a path where I can grow It will be part-time around my studies (I went back to uni in my 20s), but it's a lot more responsibility and it seems like they would like to keep me on after I graduate if that's where I decide I'd like to be. I've only been in this role for a few months but it really feels like I'm finding my place with this team.

What have you accomplished lately? What goals are you working towards? Let's celebrate each other!

♡ Signature by me ♡
    ♡ Custom userbar/avvie by Lyrichord ♡

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harpy For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (03-30-2023),Infected (03-31-2023),KJiU (03-31-2023),♥ lint ♥ (04-14-2023),longboardsteve (04-04-2023),Lyrichord (03-31-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    16d 21h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Congrats on your new position! That sounds awesome to find something you really enjoy doing.

I just finished my third year of medical school! Mostly, I still have to take my board exams. But I'm so excited to be moving forward and entering my fourth year. For those who don't know, fourth year involves going to various hospitals around the country to "audition" and try to make a good impression on residencies, so there will be a lot of moving around.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny Espurr For This Useful Post:

KJiU (03-31-2023)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 19h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by harpy View Post
    Today I was offered a new position at work as part of my contract extension! I will be taking over a coordinating role from my current supervisor when she goes on maternity leave. I'm super excited because I love this job, and my supervisor went out of her way to recognize how hard I have been working. She said everyone in the department speaks very highly of me, and they're eager to put me on a path where I can grow It will be part-time around my studies (I went back to uni in my 20s), but it's a lot more responsibility and it seems like they would like to keep me on after I graduate if that's where I decide I'd like to be. I've only been in this role for a few months but it really feels like I'm finding my place with this team.

What have you accomplished lately? What goals are you working towards? Let's celebrate each other!
    Thats so wonderful! congratulations! recently i took another job responsibility so i may not receive a payrate raise however in the grand scheme when pay raise time comes around i will be throwing down my new list of learned abilities.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

KJiU (03-31-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Espurr View Post
    Congrats on your new position! That sounds awesome to find something you really enjoy doing.

I just finished my third year of medical school! Mostly, I still have to take my board exams. But I'm so excited to be moving forward and entering my fourth year. For those who don't know, fourth year involves going to various hospitals around the country to "audition" and try to make a good impression on residencies, so there will be a lot of moving around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Thats so wonderful! congratulations! recently i took another job responsibility so i may not receive a payrate raise however in the grand scheme when pay raise time comes around i will be throwing down my new list of learned abilities.
    Congratulations! That fourth year hustle sounds like it will be crazy, but also very exciting! Med school seems extremely challenging, so that's great that you're making it through successfully. I'm heading into the fourth & final year of my degree as well, but it's just a BSc in psych. After that I'll be looking into Masters programs

@(you need an account to see links) Ahh, congrats on the new role! Are you enjoying doing something new? And yes absolutely advocate for yourself for a raise. If you're learning new skills, you deserve it. Especially if it involves different/more responsibilities!

♡ Signature by me ♡

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harpy For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (04-03-2023),Shiny Espurr (03-30-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    176 times
    Time Online
    42d 10h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by harpy View Post

That's amazing congratulations! That kind of praise and validation is truly awesome!

It's not happened yet, but something that's in the process and should be finalised by the next month end for me, is I'm moving into a bigger, newer apartment in a more upmarket neighbourhood. It's been many years in the making and dreaming, and it's finally about to happen and I can't believe it is! I'm so excited

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-01-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
    That's amazing congratulations! That kind of praise and validation is truly awesome!

It's not happened yet, but something that's in the process and should be finalised by the next month end for me, is I'm moving into a bigger, newer apartment in a more upmarket neighbourhood. It's been many years in the making and dreaming, and it's finally about to happen and I can't believe it is! I'm so excited
    Thank you!! It definitely helps keep the motivation up, even if I'm a little nervous about the increase in responsibility.

Congrats! That's amazing! It is sooo exciting to get to move into a nice living space that you've been working towards, I feel like it can improve your life x100. And you get all the fun of curating your new space to be just how you like it. Super exciting!

♡ Signature by me ♡

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Congrats!

I'm putting up shelving in my bathroom today.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Masterplayer44 For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 3h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplayer44 View Post
    Congrats!

I'm putting up shelving in my bathroom today.
    As someone with a tiny bathroom that refuses to fit any shelving or most of my stuff... congratulations you have my envy haha

♡ Signature by me ♡

15. The Following User Says Thank You to harpy For This Useful Post:

Masterplayer44 (04-03-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That is wonderful to hear! Congratulations! There is nothing like moving upwards and onwards on the career ladder!

I just recently got done with an contract out at a farming/seed distributor that is a worldwide company that was a 6 month stint.

I got a call a few days after I had left to congratulate me on my success out at that location and that I would hear back to them for more long term work!

I'm pretty stoked!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to longboardsteve For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Congrats on the new position, thats awsome
    I've just closed on a rather large project and the business is extremly happy with my turn around time
    Put me in the company news letter and all... I hate the picture they used though

19. The Following User Says Thank You to H3nry For This Useful Post:

harpy (04-05-2023)