2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 19h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

just a lot of questions from a newbie

Hi~ Was hoping to get some help - I apologize in advance if there's already a guide for this .. im horrible at navigating forums.

How long did you guys wait to make a trade from a shell to your main/side?
    What do you do with the shells that you get the pets on ?

Im a little hesitant on moving any pets to my main because I really really don't need it getting frozen.
    I would appreciate any tips and tricks you've used to be successful !

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Hey qbone!

I tend to be a bit yolo these days cause does tnt even care anymore? but as a general rule of thumb longer time between moves is always better. Typically I use a vpn with a specific node to access that shell only, and I'll log into it every few days and act like I'm a returning player. Using Bat's scripts that play html games is great for this, since you can add some trophies and stuff while adding activity.
    After it's set for a bit (a few weeks if it's a newly active shell, or less time if it's a shell that has been active but is just new to me, I'll neomail my main to "trade" for a pet on my main or side! Afterwords, I'll use the shell to hold items, do stuff like participate in the AC just for a trophy, or I'll just turn it to stealth and abandon it.

I'll also do things differently depending on if I want to trade the pet or not! Typically if it's an unknown pet I'll keep it on the shell, build it up, and just trade from there to keep my main isolated. I feel much more comfortable moving things to my main after it's either known after being introduced to the pc, or if I've traded for something more known!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

EnderTheory (05-24-2022),qbone (05-24-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 9h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    This (you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links) answers pretty much all of your questions and any other questions that might pop up with buying pets

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dot For This Useful Post:

Ice (05-24-2022),qbone (05-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    124d 23h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 17m
    Hey! Hound covered most of what I would say. I am also a bit cavalier about moving pets around between my shells and my main because my main is already pretty off the grid. The best advice I can give is, whenever you do move a pet from your shell to your main, make sure you leave behind a pet on the shell that looks like it could have been a legitimate trade. I have a stock of UCs that I just let hang out on my shells as fodder for faking trades to myself.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

qbone (05-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 19h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    Hey qbone!

I tend to be a bit yolo these days cause does tnt even care anymore? but as a general rule of thumb longer time between moves is always better. Typically I use a vpn with a specific node to access that shell only, and I'll log into it every few days and act like I'm a returning player. Using Bat's scripts that play html games is great for this, since you can add some trophies and stuff while adding activity.
    After it's set for a bit (a few weeks if it's a newly active shell, or less time if it's a shell that has been active but is just new to me, I'll neomail my main to "trade" for a pet on my main or side! Afterwords, I'll use the shell to hold items, do stuff like participate in the AC just for a trophy, or I'll just turn it to stealth and abandon it.

I'll also do things differently depending on if I want to trade the pet or not! Typically if it's an unknown pet I'll keep it on the shell, build it up, and just trade from there to keep my main isolated. I feel much more comfortable moving things to my main after it's either known after being introduced to the pc, or if I've traded for something more known!
    thank you! my paranoia mixed with my impatient tendencies were just CLASHING.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Hey! Hound covered most of what I would say. I am also a bit cavalier about moving pets around between my shells and my main because my main is already pretty off the grid. The best advice I can give is, whenever you do move a pet from your shell to your main, make sure you leave behind a pet on the shell that looks like it could have been a legitimate trade. I have a stock of UCs that I just let hang out on my shells as fodder for faking trades to myself.
    oh shoot i don't have UCs to be moving 3Ls to my main ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    This (you need an account to see links) by @(you need an account to see links) answers pretty much all of your questions and any other questions that might pop up with buying pets
    thank you!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 42m
    Quote Originally Posted by qbone View Post
    oh shoot i don't have UCs to be moving 3Ls to my main ...
    I don't think you have to! I usually fake the trade by 2 main ways: 1. snag up a cute vwn pet in the pound and offer to "trade" for it (I like this especially if I found a nice misspell or something like that), or 2. "adopting" to your main/side to "help them with some goals" haha. I usually go with 1. nowadays, and even with 2. I'll still send a transfer 1:1.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

qbone (05-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 19h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    I don't think you have to! I usually fake the trade by 2 main ways: 1. snag up a cute vwn pet in the pound and offer to "trade" for it (I like this especially if I found a nice misspell or something like that), or 2. "adopting" to your main/side to "help them with some goals" haha. I usually go with 1. nowadays, and even with 2. I'll still send a transfer 1:1.
    awesome i'll look into doing that back to the pound surf like the early 2000s

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    401 times
    Time Online
    82d 1h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I moved your thread to the Neopets Chat section, qbone, since it's about Neopets.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

qbone (05-24-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 19h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Flordibel View Post
    I moved your thread to the Neopets Chat section, qbone, since it's about Neopets.
    ah thank you so much :X sorry bout that!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to qbone For This Useful Post:

Flordibel (05-25-2022)