Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems changing email on account?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Problems changing email on account?

I saw on the stickied thread that this was an issue a few years back, but it seems to persist even now.
    Has anybody else had issues with this recently or know a work around to successfully change emails on an account? I didn't even get the email confirming the email change most recently and when the 24 hours expired, I tried to do it again and was greeted with an error. Hmmz
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    The Neopets team introduced a flag to accounts some time ago which prevents automated emails from being sent. Everything on the account appears normal, but you can't recover it, and sometimes you can't even log in. If you are unable to retrieve a password recovery or address change confirmation email, then the account might be flagged. Coincidentally, the routine that commits email address changes and resets the change option's availability was mysteriously broken around the same time that we noticed our password recovery options stopped working.

Sometimes the site accepts an email address change without acknowledging it, and it's just matter of waiting it out. If your change isn't committed 48 hours after you originally made it, then you'll have to consider filing a support ticket.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (09-03-2020),Extraterrestrial (09-01-2020),I_royalty_I (09-01-2020),Koto (09-01-2020),motherfucker (09-01-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (09-01-2020),Sakuras (09-01-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The Neopets team introduced a flag to accounts some time ago which prevents automated emails from being sent. Everything on the account appears normal, but you can't recover it, and sometimes you can't even log in. If you are unable to retrieve a password recovery or address change confirmation email, then the account might be flagged. Coincidentally, the routine that commits email address changes and resets the change option's availability was mysteriously broken around the same time that we noticed our password recovery options stopped working.

Sometimes the site accepts an email address change without acknowledging it, and it's just matter of waiting it out. If your change isn't committed 48 hours after you originally made it, then you'll have to consider filing a support ticket.
    I had to wait a while too for the new e-mail to show up. I also got an error message when I tried changing it a second time before it was updated.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-01-2020),motherfucker (09-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m

Hmm that's interesting. I'd prefer not to have to file a ticket as flying under the radar is always advised, but I may have to. It would be pretty convenient if it was just a waiting game and it eventually updated. Flags getting tossed up everywhere it seems. I guess I'll lay low and not move stuff around too much, just to err on the safe side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    I had to wait a while too for the new e-mail to show up. I also got an error message when I tried changing it a second time before it was updated.
    How long did it take? Did you just change it once and then let it sit and eventually it just updated to the new email without you clicking that confirmation link they used to send?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    85d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    There is an issue currently with hotmail/Outlook/live, etc. Neopets emails not arriving, I tested with all my accounts (hotmail, live and outlook)and nothing gmail seems fine, I think this issue has a week or so. I saw a post on reddit so Im not the only one :c

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dono For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (09-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    There is an issue currently with hotmail/Outlook/live, etc. Neopets emails not arriving, I tested with all my accounts (hotmail, live and outlook)and nothing gmail seems fine, I think this issue has a week or so. I saw a post on reddit so Im not the only one :c
    That seemed to be the issue. Tested it on a few different accounts. Hotmail accounts didn't work, but gmail accounts would change successfully and update on the account. That's strange, and kind of annoying. Hotmail is just so much easier to make haha

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I tried this last year (so relatively recent), and as said above, it's almost as though hotmail takes a while to "implant".

I eventually gave up trying to change it and a few days later I went back and it was updated. I would just wait it out for a bit to see if it actually changes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Yes I had the same problem with an outlook email too. It took awhile for to to receive the email change message, took about 2 days? When the 24 hour time limit was up I tried to change it again
    I was going to give up and try a different provider but then saw I received the email haha
    Last edited by jellybelly; 09-01-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m

I changed my email on my very legit main a few years ago for security and ran into this issue and panicked H A R D. It took about 36 hours for the change to process and I spent the whole time breathing into a paper bag because I thought that I'd done something wrong. Every subsequent change has also taken an eternity to register and once it never changed over (which must have been this flag thing I didn't know abot) on a shell that I VPNed for years. @(you need an account to see links) do you know if they stifle every email change this way (by time-gating it) or if I've just been supremely unlucky with this?

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    48d 20h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I usually have to submit the email change twice. The first time it pretends it did it but doesn't, then second time I get an error but then it eventually changes. It's been doing this to me on all accounts and all email domains.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arabella For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (09-01-2020)