22/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffryHawk View Post
    I saw an ad for it through a site I used to frequent I believe it might have been an ad on Dragoncave...which I also still use now and again.
    Either way I signed up like 14 years ago, my original account got frozen as I had foolishly given away my log in details to a site claiming to give paintbrushes or some such. And thus it was frozen for being scammed and unfrozen then frozen again. Very sad to lose it, but I had other accounts at the time so I started using those and my first account is long since purged. I recall it having a pink poogle. But that's about it. Back before the revamp.
    My initial account was frozen as well... I have no idea why. I'm also on Dragon Cave

Quote Originally Posted by Medici View Post
    I came back from the cinema, I went to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix? Is that the movie where cho Chang kisses Harry? Anyway, went to see that. Returned home. I wanted a real pet, my mom was like UGH NO NO ANIMALS HERE, so idk why I googled pet? Or something like that and neopets was the first thing that appeared and yes... I created a blue Acara named Cho Chang lol
    I really wanted a pet as well when I was a kid! I was playing on multiple virtual pets site at once.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    One of my estranged best friends showed me the site about eighteen years ago now. We would only talk about teen titans on the other worlds boards...lol. He got his account frozen, then he got his moms account frozen. I kept mine thankfully, I stayed on the site for a little while because I was really getting into music at that time, and playing the games while listening to music was my favorite thing to do. Joined a guild (Everything Beatles - any of you guys on here?) but eventually stopped playing :/ Re-joined the site and began collecting avatars, and decided to stick around. I'm glad the site is still around.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    64 times
    Time Online
    36d 19h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I remember being sooo excited to get the internet at home for the first time and I think I just typed "games" on Google or something? My first 2 accounts were frozen because I was young and simply did dailies on all accounts

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Yes! I love animals and I was like really mad about my mom not letting me have one now I have a parrot a dog and a cat lol

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I was around 9, and I was at the mall with my family. We went into Limited Too and I saw a huge basket of Neopets plushies. I wanted a Green Cybunny plush, but my mom said no because it was too expensive (I think it was like $12-$15, which I wouldn't blame her lol). I looked up Cybunny when I got home because I remembered it from the tag and then found Neopets! Unfortunately, I did not have an e-mail address to sign up, so I used my mom's and she got upset when she received an e-mail and told me I wasn't allowed to make an account. I still got on just to play the games, however.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    21h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyburrito View Post
    I was around 9, and I was at the mall with my family. We went into Limited Too and I saw a huge basket of Neopets plushies. I wanted a Green Cybunny plush, but my mom said no because it was too expensive (I think it was like $12-$15, which I wouldn't blame her lol). I looked up Cybunny when I got home because I remembered it from the tag and then found Neopets! Unfortunately, I did not have an e-mail address to sign up, so I used my mom's and she got upset when she received an e-mail and told me I wasn't allowed to make an account. I still got on just to play the games, however.
    It looks like there is a lot of people who found the website trough the merch! I remember trying to find some in my town when I was 9. They didn't have a lot of stuff, but I was able to find a yellow Aisha plush.
    I also remember being subscribed to the official magazine. It was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Medici View Post
    Yes! I love animals and I was like really mad about my mom not letting me have one now I have a parrot a dog and a cat lol
    Ahaha, that's great. I'm happy for you. Maybe I'll get a cat or a dog someday.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Its kinda sad that i cant even remember why.

I think my childhood friend either told me to sign up, or i stumbled upon it.
    But the brand neopets was around everywhere back then. maybe i saw it in the stores?
    kohls used to carry those key quest plushies a lot.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I was probably like 7 when my cousin introduced me to it, we lived in different countries so it was fun to stay on talking to her through that and club penguin.
    those were the days

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    In primary school a kid in my class was handing out the referral codes and we had just gotten dial up internet at home for the first time. Soon my siblings and I were all fighting over time on the computer.