DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I'm a bit sad about these changes, I guess it's the normal initial shock since TNT always manages to shot news at last moment lol

Anyway, moving onto more interesting info let's see.

List of UC colors

Darigan
    Faerie
    Grey
    Baby
    Desert
    Halloween
    Maraquan
    Mutant
    Plushie
    Robot
    Royalboy
    Royalgirl
    Sponge
    Tyrannian
    Unique (Coconut, Ice, Mallow, MSP, Quigukiboy, Quigukigirl, Usukiboy, Usukigirl)

So if we are optimistic (VERY optimistic) we could probably got all released in about 4-6 months?

But I would be inclined to believe that this first release would be a huge impact no matter what and would either quick or delay the next batches since everyone (users and TNT) would be adjusting to the new stuff. We still yet have to see the final price too.

And then we have Valentines Day coming which also make me wonder if TNT would attempt another at least single batch to celebrate. I mean, I can easily see Mutants and Halloween releasing on October but who knows?

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Pringle (01-21-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    All current UCs will be converted into the converted version of what they are. So an UC faerie ixi will be turned into a converted faerie ixi.

You will then be given a NC item that makes your pet look unconverted. It won't be a permanent change to your pet, you can put it on and off like an outfit.

Effectively, UCs will cease to exist entirely. No one will own UCs anymore, we'll only have converted pets and skins so that our pets can wear the old art. There will be no way of trading pets as UCs anymore, but you will be able to trade the UC appearance tokens.
    Well, as long as my pet still gets to have the old art and i don't have to pay for it, i'm good.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aymo For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I'm a bit sad about these changes, I guess it's the normal initial shock since TNT always manages to shot news at last moment lol

Anyway, moving onto more interesting info let's see.

List of UC colors

Darigan
    Faerie
    Grey
    Baby
    Desert
    Halloween
    Maraquan
    Mutant
    Plushie
    Robot
    Royalboy
    Royalgirl
    Sponge
    Tyrannian
    Unique (Coconut, Ice, Mallow, MSP, Quigukiboy, Quigukigirl, Usukiboy, Usukigirl)

So if we are optimistic (VERY optimistic) we could probably got all released in about 4-6 months?

But I would be inclined to believe that this first release would be a huge impact no matter what and would either quick or delay the next batches since everyone (users and TNT) would be adjusting to the new stuff. We still yet have to see the final price too.

And then we have Valentines Day coming which also make me wonder if TNT would attempt another at least single batch to celebrate. I mean, I can easily see Mutants and Halloween releasing on October but who knows?
    Royals on Valentine's? Romeo and Juliet vibes? xD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-19-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
    I give no guarantee of accuracy, I could be completely wrong.
    Of course! But I feel like it's the only way it makes sense. Or else everyone could transform, IDK, their baby kougras into plushies on release day.

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    Royals on Valentine's? Romeo and Juliet vibes? xD
    I'M LOVING THIS

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-19-2024),Politoed (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (01-19-2024),Cookie Tray (01-20-2024),Lyrichord (01-19-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Styx (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Man this has really helped me understand the new uc thing.

One question, are they only offering the prexisting uc styles/art?? Or are the making new art for pets that don’t have a UC counterpart?
    Thanks for any response!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenleaf777 View Post
    Man this has really helped me understand the new uc thing.

One question, are they only offering the prexisting uc styles/art?? Or are the making new art for pets that don’t have a UC counterpart?
    Thanks for any response!
    They definitely can and probably will. They are already including the UC art for the Grey Draik and likely the UC Faerie Eyrie. It's just probably not the priority at the moment. They want to capitalize on the retro art that people remember first and then can always redraw pets in the "UC style" later on if the money is on the table.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (01-20-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    The 'species specific' comment has really stuck with me. I've been trying to puzzle out what it means.
    I'm now thinking it might work more like dyeworks.
    1. Buy 'Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies' from NC Mall.
    2. With the item in your inventory and your active pet as a green uni, go to 'Styling Studio'.
    3. Select the colour you want (assuming grey, dari and faerie are your choices). Select grey.
    4. A new UC skin wearable is now in your inventory (the deluxe kit is gone). Apply the skin to your uni and voila its a UC Grey Uni.

What I cant decide is the NC wearable is it... colour specific, species specific or both.
    If I chose to use it on a pet besides the green uni. Can I use it on my red shoyru, or can I use it to make my uni plushie instead.
    This is where I lost and the info theyve provided so far is kind of confusing.
    Kev's vid said one item to add and one to remove. Weve seen a grey and brown styling kit item, is one the token and one the wearable.
    And how will it work for existing UCs.
    I feel like Im trying to figure out a murder mystery. I guess Ill just have to wait for next week.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taffycat For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (01-20-2024),Corliss (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by porridge View Post
    This is great, I think people lose perspective on how long ago 2007 was (17 years!!) and how terribly off-putting UC trading is for newer and returning players. I know some people enjoy trading, but I can imagine that many more were driven away by seemingly inaccessible goals since most VWN++ and RWs have been taken years ago by people also hoping to get UCS and your other avenues like training your pets can take years.
    I swear I'm going to stop rambling about this. Howwwwever I think the issue with this for me is, as our lady Adele once said 'we could've had it aaaaallll'. So i'm not mad but I'm baffled.

Bringing back UC is definitely the right thing to do for so many reasons, and the only thing that was ever going to motivate TNT to do the work for it was money so NCUCs make sense. Completely agree with all your points that a lot of people were daunted or put off by UC trading and everyone getting the chance to make UCs is an overall good.

However, they didn't need to end UC pets or UC pet trading to do that. Saying it would be difficult to have both types of pet doesn't make sense - NCUC are a clothing item. Literally all they need to do is code that the item replaces or overlays the base pet art. It's like using mouth be gone and then adding another mouth over the top.

Given the limited supply and overwhelmingly BN tilt of OGUC, I don't think leaving the OGs as they are would greatly affect their bottom line in terms of sales, either.

I do accept that reversals etc would remain an issue, but again they will anyway and UCs actually helped reversals be easier to deal with. Because names can't be duplicated, they go back on the trade chain to find an UC and replace that instead. Without that option, trading in general will be far riskier and many more people will be out irreplaceable pets.

So they really could have introduced UCs the item, which would be tradeable in the NCC, and left UCs the pet as a separate thing, tradeable in the PC. ~ They coulda had it aaaaaaallll ~

I say this every time but if TNT could manage to be open about their plans ahead of time and let their users make plans of their own they would deal with WAY less of the drama rollercoaster they constantly seem to be on now.

I just want to have fun and play with my pretty pixels, IDK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taffycat View Post
    The 'species specific' comment has really stuck with me. I've been trying to puzzle out what it means.
    I'm now thinking it might work more like dyeworks.
    1. Buy 'Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies' from NC Mall.
    2. With the item in your inventory and your active pet as a green uni, go to 'Styling Studio'.
    3. Select the colour you want (assuming grey, dari and faerie are your choices). Select grey.
    4. A new UC skin wearable is now in your inventory (the deluxe kit is gone). Apply the skin to your uni and voila its a UC Grey Uni.

What I cant decide is the NC wearable is it... colour specific, species specific or both.
    If I chose to use it on a pet besides the green uni. Can I use it on my red shoyru, or can I use it to make my uni plushie instead.
    This is where I lost and the info theyve provided so far is kind of confusing.
    Kev's vid said one item to add and one to remove. Weve seen a grey and brown styling kit item, is one the token and one the wearable.
    And how will it work for existing UCs.
    I feel like Im trying to figure out a murder mystery. I guess Ill just have to wait for next week.
    My guess, and it's definitely only a guess, is that by 'it's species specific' they just mean that if you want a faerie xweetok your pet needs to be a xweetok.

I don't think it will be as granular as 'you need to get a faerie xweetok kit to make a faerie xweetok' - they were answering the question of whether you needed your pet already painted to use the NC item and were saying no, it just needs to be the species you want it to be.

I think there will be one item for each colour, so if you have a NC royal styling kit you can make a pet of any species royal.

I hope so, anyway. If they're making us get a specific pet and colour token that sounds way more likely to be gacha.
    Last edited by birdies; 01-22-2024 at 08:07 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

♥ Cerberus ♥ (01-20-2024),Fiore (01-19-2024),NeopetLandy (01-20-2024),Shockz (01-21-2024),Taffycat (01-19-2024)