56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I'm undecided.
    I like my current UCs, but I might be tempted to change some to better named pets perhaps. Especially if they end up doing a name purge..
    Wish I'd traded for RW/RN sooner when we first heard this would happen. I've had fun over the years with shuffles and things though.
    Most interested in knowing what they will price the NC UC wearable.

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

♥ Pam ♥ (01-19-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    i totally get what you're saying and like i said, i'm not actually mad lol idgaf about neopets at this point. i'm active on the site for a couple weeks or months every few years, get really into it for a hot minite, then get bored and don't log on again for god knows how long.. my last hiatus was 5 yrs. i just like the fact that some things are super fucking hard to achieve. took me years to save up for all the semi basic np achievable avatars (like rich, richest etc) or to have enough collat to be lent high end item avs (not that lenders ever ended up wanting the collat lol). same with nc items, its nice having some super rare items that you have to trade like crazy for - it's a fun part of the game for me. everyone having all the same stuff bc it's "fair for everyone" is kind of boring tbh. the psycho hoarding people do to artificially inflate things is ridiculous, and the PC is a toxic hellhole i rarely visit, but i enjoy the fact that there's certain tiers of exclusivity for things. when i see a user with crazy pets, heaps of rare nc and all the rare avatars i think "wow they're committed!!!". i'm not even one of those users lol i have under 300 avatars (i was really into avatar collecting about 10 years ago but i couldn't care less now), 1 uc i bought here semi recently, usually less than 1,000,000 nps in the bank bc i'm a broke bitch who cbf doing dailies, and most of my nc was traded for legitimately. people like having nice things, and people *especially* like nice things that are hard to get, both on neo and irl. i'm happy for people who are happy, but i also understand why some people aren't.

i guess long story short, my point is, wtf is the site anymore? dress ups? what do you aim for now? i like collecting and building my account - if everything is easy to get then where's the fun in that?
    Fair enough. There's a reason why people gatekeep and it's the feeling of exclusivity and having rare items/pets that makes it so desirable. But like I said, I do disagree with some things TNT does to make everything easily available, but at the same time I agree with the direction because it's making them a more profitable company comparable to what other game companies are doing.

However, outside of this circle of wanting to build accounts, having rare items, and all - the very base of neopets is what it is, a pet site. People want to have virtual pets and be able to dress them up, feed them, look after them, and have something pretty to look at everyday. The other parts are all subsets of what this game was created for. If you look past the drama on neopets nation, neocord, neoreddit, you'll see that people are just sharing their own dressed up pets. People with a disposable income just want a pretty looking pet, whether UC, or converted.

Which is why I'm saying that this community of elitism is a small part of the game, and it's what many of the older players on the game strive to continue gatekeeping and having. Most of the general public just want the little critters.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-19-2024),Corliss (01-20-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-19-2024),♥ pppp3 ♥ (01-19-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Styx (01-19-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    The suspense as to how this will all play out is killing me. The next 4 days are going to be intense for sure. PCers were already tearing each other apart. Hope there aren't any issues come this Tuesday.... Until then I'll probably just enjoy my UCs and frolic with them until the inevitable change.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    i totally get what you're saying and like i said, i'm not actually mad lol idgaf about neopets at this point. i'm active on the site for a couple weeks or months every few years, get really into it for a hot minite, then get bored and don't log on again for god knows how long.. my last hiatus was 5 yrs. i just like the fact that some things are super fucking hard to achieve. took me years to save up for all the semi basic np achievable avatars (like rich, richest etc) or to have enough collat to be lent high end item avs (not that lenders ever ended up wanting the collat lol). same with nc items, its nice having some super rare items that you have to trade like crazy for - it's a fun part of the game for me. everyone having all the same stuff bc it's "fair for everyone" is kind of boring tbh. the psycho hoarding people do to artificially inflate things is ridiculous, and the PC is a toxic hellhole i rarely visit, but i enjoy the fact that there's certain tiers of exclusivity for things. when i see a user with crazy pets, heaps of rare nc and all the rare avatars i think "wow they're committed!!!". i'm not even one of those users lol i have under 300 avatars (i was really into avatar collecting about 10 years ago but i couldn't care less now), 1 uc i bought here semi recently, usually less than 1,000,000 nps in the bank bc i'm a broke bitch who cbf doing dailies, and most of my nc was traded for legitimately. people like having nice things, and people *especially* like nice things that are hard to get, both on neo and irl. i'm happy for people who are happy, but i also understand why some people aren't.

i guess long story short, my point is, wtf is the site anymore? dress ups? what do you aim for now? i like collecting and building my account - if everything is easy to get then where's the fun in that?
    I use to think that too 'oh they must be dedicated', now I think 'they must have spent a fortune on CK'.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taffycat For This Useful Post:

♥ Pam ♥ (01-19-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffycat View Post
    I use to think that too 'oh they must be dedicated', now I think 'they must have spent a fortune on CK'.
    Don't @ me lool

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a thought, if the NC UC tokens for all the currently available pets are tradeable from the get go - that means we can immediately get all the non-unreleased/auto-converted UCs by trading the tokens right? Assuming the item cost to remove them isn't too great.

Wonder what lunatic is gonna try and scramble to establish a cap value pecking order/tier list hahaha. The NC chat is gonna be a battlefield next week.

Hope this means I can un-hermit myself and start posting on the boards again because nobody will know or care if my UCs are legit or not or if I've just applied a token

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

Fiore (01-19-2024),Lyrichord (01-19-2024),Taffycat (01-19-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffycat View Post
    hahahahah yeah me too
    you can call me pix

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

Taffycat (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    I am wondering if on the 23rd, we'll be able to take the auto applied token from a BN UC and apply it to another pet immediately.
    I.e. can I take a token from my BN UC Dari Uni and apply it to a WN Uni and make them a WN UC Plush Uni (as they said species specific not colour). Will we be able to have new UC Plushies and Royals from 23rd, or will the token only work when plushie and royals are released. I'm very curious to see.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taffycat For This Useful Post:

♥ Pam ♥ (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    157d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 20m
    It's happening. Uc's are showing as converted now in the NC Mall preview page, but still uc on the quick ref page.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Soap View Post
    It's happening. Uc's are showing as converted now in the NC Mall preview page, but still uc on the quick ref page.
    Hasn't it been like this for ages? I had a heart attack recently because my usually non-active UC was converted in the Mall preview - I never use the preview but assumed it's been like it for a couple of years right? It's a glitch?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    157d 5h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    Hasn't it been like this for ages? I had a heart attack recently because my usually non-active UC was converted in the Mall preview - I never use the preview but assumed it's been like it for a couple of years right? It's a glitch?
    Not aware of that. Mine have always shown as uc up until I posted. Potentially a glitch for others though as you say!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Soap For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-19-2024)