Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I still remember back when I first started lending avatar items, I lent Meowclops. Back then it was like 14mil to buy and I bought one and started lending it on the boards. A well known graphics person who runs a lookup site and several other sites and is still super active especially in the guilds area asked to be lent. I sent over the Meowclops (for some reason I lent the petpet itself and not the pet with it attached) and never got it back. They sent a photoshopped screenshot of them sending it back and said there must have been a glitch. I reported them and that account got frozen. They started a new account and have been a pretty popular user ever since. I've since changed mains so they probably wouldn't recognize me, but every time I see them or their work, I'm like I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, JERKFACE and I have never joined one of their guilds or interacted with them since.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pickledplumbs For This Useful Post:

Bolin (06-18-2019),Cookie Tray (09-20-2019),Corliss (06-20-2019),Danny Phantom (06-20-2019),DJ Music Man (06-18-2019),nrv (06-18-2019),Pinecone (06-18-2019),Sephora (06-18-2019),Stardust (06-21-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I had this psycho on neo who followed everything I did. It was funny because back thenI didn't even cheat lol but he told me he literally kept a document of all my board posts and other activity on neo. Every time I got a new avatar he would post on the boards asking me what it was and how I got it. Anything I posted on the boards he trolled it and called me names to the best of his ability with the neo filters. I reported him for harassment but neo didn't do anything about it. He still has the same account but is never on any more so I haven't had a problem with him but he is seriously creepy. Even told me the state I lived in. Then one day I was talking about him on CK and he came here and made an account to troll me more, but people here actually had my back so he left. He also reported all my accounts for cheating but I wasn't doing any of that at that point so I was fine with it.. report away lol

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 19h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledplumbs View Post
    I still remember back when I first started lending avatar items, I lent Meowclops. Back then it was like 14mil to buy and I bought one and started lending it on the boards. A well known graphics person who runs a lookup site and several other sites and is still super active especially in the guilds area asked to be lent. I sent over the Meowclops (for some reason I lent the petpet itself and not the pet with it attached) and never got it back. They sent a photoshopped screenshot of them sending it back and said there must have been a glitch. I reported them and that account got frozen. They started a new account and have been a pretty popular user ever since. I've since changed mains so they probably wouldn't recognize me, but every time I see them or their work, I'm like I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, JERKFACE and I have never joined one of their guilds or interacted with them since.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Danny Phantom (06-20-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    18d 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    on my very first account I didn't do a good job of hiding who I was and I became friends with this user and we'd really just talk about neo and other games we played, after a while I wouldn't respond as often and this person eventually found my FB and started messaging me there and things just got really uncomfortable lol. I blocked them but it was still pretty creepy especially since I was young (kind of my fault though, I couldn't shut up about myself)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 19h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Does "stupid shit you've done" count, or should that be another thread? (LMAO)

I bought a very nice account, started transferring the contents...and got greedy moving the NP, so I setup an auction between my main and my side. Someone got suspicious and reported me and that was the end. (*facepalm*)

Lesson learned: 2m at a time through trades may be slow, but no one can see who offered what, so no one can report you.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    336 times
    Time Online
    163d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    I believe this was part of a glitch where alot of NP or Items were dupped.

Neo reset a day on neopets and because I had pounded a pet and adopted one. I woke up the next day with 5 pets. (Only 4 were ever allowed back then) before premium even.

So I had 5 pets for almost a week. Lots of people had my screenshots and I used to be able to find it in a web search but now that 5 and 6 pets are the normal that screen shot is hard to find.

People called me a liar that I coded the extra pet but they were all legit on there. TNT sent me a neomail saying I had to pound one or they would chose one. So sadly i lost my 5th pet. But it was a cool glitch and i gained some sort of neo celebrity status for a few days. Prior to conversion... so I dont know how long ago now...

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pidgey For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-23-2019),DJ Music Man (06-21-2019),seranymm (06-21-2019),Yeri (06-21-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I snagged someone's grey wocky (well before conversion) out of the pound while they were transferring at some point, and was a selfish child, so I wouldn't give it back lol.
    This girl and everyone in her guild mailed me about what a horrible person I was and all of this trash. I kept the pet for years after that, with the girl mailing me at least once or twice a year asking for it. When trading neopets became a thing she started making me offers and at this point I'm like "ok crazy, you clearly want her more than me" and I transferred it to her as a gift, hopefully curing this girl's obsession with this pet.
    At this point the pet is an UC. She held onto her for less than a year before she traded her away. I can't imagine. Spending nearly 4 years trying to get this pet back from me just to be like "ahhh nevermind I don't even like it that much"
    I wonder if she started mailing the person who she traded to after that asking for it back. Maybe she just loved pining after it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seranymm For This Useful Post:

Corliss (06-23-2019),nrv (06-22-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    106/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    111d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by tiramisu View Post
    lmao I remember that, there's a ck thread with the story:

(you need an account to see links)

ck was mentioned too

On a side note, can you believe the conversion happened 12 years ago?? I still remember being unhappy with an art style change that happened before that
    omg I never saw this, thank you for linking it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Witch For This Useful Post:

tiramisu (06-23-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I remember one several years ago that to this day, still annoys me in a really humorous way. I was trying to tell story about how much I disliked doing laundry in our basement because of how gross the basement is, and the message kept getting blocked. After so much frustration I realized the word "basement" gets blocked because it contains the word 'semen'. Myself and the rest of the guild had to develop a new way to say basement, so we started saying "room under the house" or RUTH for short. Eventually it evolved into "base of ment", then "basemint" to appeal to our laziness.

Edit: This was a multi-family house and the basement was disgusting before we moved in, and the landlord made zero effort to take care of it. We certainly were not going to clean up after him. Thought I'd clarify that, so ya'll don't think I'd let my own basement get disgusting.
    Last edited by spleef35; 06-24-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    EEL SUSHI

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spleef35 For This Useful Post:

nrv (06-24-2019)