49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) good taste! do you listen to kpop pretty frequently? if so, got any favorite groups?
    @(you need an account to see links) interesting question... I don't think it's frowned upon so long as you're not idk, blatantly ripping off popular themes or genres without being open about your inspirations and such? I think there are a lot of international vocaloid producers for example, but for the most part everyone knows the history and origins of vocaloid, so you couldn't get away with claiming whatever you're doing is purely unique haha. but I think everyone has something new to bring to the table, so even though I have no stake in it, I'd love to hear what you got!
    I mean, considering the insanely eclectic nature of the sound, I think it would be a more enjoyable experience. I can't reaily understand the words, therefore I don't connect to the message. I love the music that 99% of what I have heard, and they have such gratifying melodies in their voices.

And I definitely understand that blatently ripping something, and acting like you are original, in bonkers. I appreciate the feedback, because I just love creating in general

- - - Updated - - -

Look at "Super Lady" - it breaks down more like a System of a Down + Lady Gaga hybrid...why wouldn't I want to?
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeClown View Post
    I want to delve into genres outside of my own country, but is it actually going to be frowned upon if I make K/JPop inspired music/remixes..? I collect musical genres like Pokemon, and I enjoy the production levels most of their artists go to, but I don't want to appropriate anything, being I know this music is a cultural thing.
    I don't think so, I agree with @(you need an account to see links), as long as you're properly crediting sources/artists and aren't doing anything blatantly disrespectful, it should be fine. would also love to hear what you come up with, I've heard some crazy EDM/KPop remixes!

@(you need an account to see links) good taste! do you listen to kpop pretty frequently? if so, got any favorite groups?
    \

yes, it's been my main music genre for the past year or so, I got into New Jeans and I've been hooked ever since! my favorite group is LE SSERAFIM, but I love New Jeans, Twice, aespa, and IVE too (mainly GGs haha)! how about you?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    I don't think so, I agree with @(you need an account to see links), as long as you're properly crediting sources/artists and aren't doing anything blatantly disrespectful, it should be fine. would also love to hear what you come up with, I've heard some crazy EDM/KPop remixes!

\

yes, it's been my main music genre for the past year or so, I got into New Jeans and I've been hooked ever since! my favorite group is LE SSERAFIM, but I love New Jeans, Twice, aespa, and IVE too (mainly GGs haha)! how about you?
    That was my thoughts, glad we all agree!!

Hardcore will, likely, be the genre I go for. Nothing screams remix me like a smooth talking babe in a hat i want my wife to own
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) ahh yeah they are super popular now! tbh LS isn't really my vibe (also I'm pretty close to a Sakura anti if I had to go that far, I have a lot of opinions about her lol 💀) but I do really like Yunjin from LS. girl deserves the world! also I don't think I've really liked a NJ release since Hype Boy? that's prob my fav song from them! but Danielle and Hanni are super cute.

I'm purely a girl group enjoyer at this point, since I feel like I'm too old to listen to/fangirl over the boy groups of this generation 😝 from 4th gen I really love Purple Kiss (they're the little sister group from Mamamoo's company), IVE, Billlie. and a bunch of 3rd gen groups for the most part, Gfriend was my ult 😥 so naturally I also love Viviz, and Oh My Girl is one of my favs too. I really enjoy listening to G-IDLE for the most part as well, Yuqi I think is my favorite from there. and of course Twice, Blackpink, Everglow, a little bit of Itzy (Yeji/Ryujin are my favs) I'm probably missing a lot xD

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    @(you need an account to see links) ahh yeah they are super popular now! tbh LS isn't really my vibe (also I'm pretty close to a Sakura anti if I had to go that far, I have a lot of opinions about her lol 💀) but I do really like Yunjin from LS. girl deserves the world! also I don't think I've really liked a NJ release since Hype Boy? that's prob my fav song from them! but Danielle and Hanni are super cute.

I'm purely a girl group enjoyer at this point, since I feel like I'm too old to listen to/fangirl over the boy groups of this generation 😝 from 4th gen I really love Purple Kiss (they're the little sister group from Mamamoo's company), IVE, Billlie. and a bunch of 3rd gen groups for the most part, Gfriend was my ult 😥 so naturally I also love Viviz, and Oh My Girl is one of my favs too. I really enjoy listening to G-IDLE for the most part as well, Yuqi I think is my favorite from there. and of course Twice, Blackpink, Everglow, a little bit of Itzy (Yeji/Ryujin are my favs) I'm probably missing a lot xD
    their sound is interesting because it's kind of everywhere, I don't even know where I'd classify them anymore - mostly girl crush, but they do a lil bit of everything (excited for their upcoming comeback). I can understand the Sakura stuff; some of those vids of her singing are wild lmao. Yunjin is def my bias in the group tho, she always goes crazy!

Hype Boy is my favorite song from New Jeans too, but I also loved Cool with You and New Jeans from their last EP drop!

oo do you have any song recs from Purple Kiss, Billie, Viviz, and Oh My Girl? the only songs I've really listened to/heard from them are Maniac and GingaMingaYo (the strange world), so would love to listen to some of your faves!!

IVE is actually coming to a nearby city in March so I'm going to see them next month with friends, I'm pretty hyped to see them! I don't have many skips from them, I think the only one would be Baddie

GI-DLE has been slowly climbing up as a favorite for me, some songs are definitely not my vibe, but some of their most recent releases just go so hard, I can't get them out of my head! I think my favorite member is probably Soyeon or Minnie.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    their sound is interesting because it's kind of everywhere, I don't even know where I'd classify them anymore - mostly girl crush, but they do a lil bit of everything (excited for their upcoming comeback). I can understand the Sakura stuff; some of those vids of her singing are wild lmao. Yunjin is def my bias in the group tho, she always goes crazy!

Hype Boy is my favorite song from New Jeans too, but I also loved Cool with You and New Jeans from their last EP drop!

oo do you have any song recs from Purple Kiss, Billie, Viviz, and Oh My Girl? the only songs I've really listened to/heard from them are Maniac and GingaMingaYo (the strange world), so would love to listen to some of your faves!!

IVE is actually coming to a nearby city in March so I'm going to see them next month with friends, I'm pretty hyped to see them! I don't have many skips from them, I think the only one would be Baddie

GI-DLE has been slowly climbing up as a favorite for me, some songs are definitely not my vibe, but some of their most recent releases just go so hard, I can't get them out of my head! I think my favorite member is probably Soyeon or Minnie.
    yeah, it's still like the Greatest Kpop Conspiracy of 2023 (not really lol) why NJ did Gods for LoL while LS did Perfect Night for Overwatch because if you listen to each song, they literally just swapped sounds and I still think that even though LS did fine on Perfect Night, NJ did not pull off Gods as well 🤡

NJ latest EP my biggest issue really is just why are all the songs so short - more and more (kpop) artists seem to be releasing short, catchy, viral tracks for tiktok clout and it's like hey maybe that's not what music is about 🤡 (how many clown emojis can I fit into one post challenge LOL) but then there are some songs that even if timestamp wise they're short, don't feel that way?? Super Lady for example felt like a whole ass song even though I believe it was sub 3 min. but I digress xD

For Purki I have a (you need an account to see links) (+off their latest mini Festa, 7Heaven (title) and Mistake (b-side) are great)!
    Billlie - flipping a coin, b'rave, ring ma bell (SUCH a good krock sound and my bias Haram SLAYYINGGG), byob, dang!
    Viviz - Maniac is great so good thing you already listened to that! Bop bop, Love you like, love love love, pull up, untie (also if you're interested literally all of Gfriend's original discography is no skip 😭)
    Oh my girl - they have some great b-sides but my favorite tracks overall are: SSFWL, remember me, closer, secret garden, twilight, non stop, tear rain (japanese), etoile (japanese), dun dun dance, blink, celebrate, summer comes

Oh yes that's awesome!! I hope you have a great time I was considering going but tbh I feel like they don't quiiite have enough songs yet for my liking to do a full singing concert rather than like, a few songs w/ a bunch of MCing/cover segments thrown in. But the next time they come around I'll be ready, I already have a lightstick and I bought a chinese knock off replica of their jacket from Kitsch 🤡 also I need to save money for IU tickets because that's going to break my bank for sure xD; I felt on the fence about Kitsch and Baddie but tbh like most of their songs after enough listens they grew on me...

yeah G-IDLE def has a unique sound but I really respect them for that, as well as Soyeon's producing skills of course.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    yeah, it's still like the Greatest Kpop Conspiracy of 2023 (not really lol) why NJ did Gods for LoL while LS did Perfect Night for Overwatch because if you listen to each song, they literally just swapped sounds and I still think that even though LS did fine on Perfect Night, NJ did not pull off Gods as well 🤡

NJ latest EP my biggest issue really is just why are all the songs so short - more and more (kpop) artists seem to be releasing short, catchy, viral tracks for tiktok clout and it's like hey maybe that's not what music is about 🤡 (how many clown emojis can I fit into one post challenge LOL) but then there are some songs that even if timestamp wise they're short, don't feel that way?? Super Lady for example felt like a whole ass song even though I believe it was sub 3 min. but I digress xD

For Purki I have a (you need an account to see links) (+off their latest mini Festa, 7Heaven (title) and Mistake (b-side) are great)!
    Billlie - flipping a coin, b'rave, ring ma bell (SUCH a good krock sound and my bias Haram SLAYYINGGG), byob, dang!
    Viviz - Maniac is great so good thing you already listened to that! Bop bop, Love you like, love love love, pull up, untie (also if you're interested literally all of Gfriend's original discography is no skip 😭)
    Oh my girl - they have some great b-sides but my favorite tracks overall are: SSFWL, remember me, closer, secret garden, twilight, non stop, tear rain (japanese), etoile (japanese), dun dun dance, blink, celebrate, summer comes

Oh yes that's awesome!! I hope you have a great time I was considering going but tbh I feel like they don't quiiite have enough songs yet for my liking to do a full singing concert rather than like, a few songs w/ a bunch of MCing/cover segments thrown in. But the next time they come around I'll be ready, I already have a lightstick and I bought a chinese knock off replica of their jacket from Kitsch 🤡 also I need to save money for IU tickets because that's going to break my bank for sure xD; I felt on the fence about Kitsch and Baddie but tbh like most of their songs after enough listens they grew on me...

yeah G-IDLE def has a unique sound but I really respect them for that, as well as Soyeon's producing skills of course.
    OK FOREAL THO, don't get me wrong Perfect Night is an absolute bop imo and I watched them perform in person at BlizzCon cuz I live in the area and had to be there (so ultimately glad it worked out like that), but idk what Riot was thinking giving New Jeans that song. like if you're gna dish out the money for New Jeans, have them do their thing and make a lil New Jeans bop! they really just gave them an Imagine Dragons song and said sing this smh, but I feel like New Jeans go their bag so *shrug*

thank you so much for all the recs!! I'm so excited to listen, I'm so happy to be exposed to some new GGs hehe. ok side note, since I only got into kpop last year, I didn't really know much about GFRIEND, but the only video I'd ever saw of them before I got into kpop was the video of them performing and all falling and I'm so sorry but I die every single time LOL. I've now seen all the videos of their amazing in sync dancing while blindfolded and everything, but that video lives in my head rent free it's insane. I'll def be listening to more of their music tho hehe

yeah Baddie and Kitsch are definitely ear bugs, Baddie was just disappointing cuz it was just a bit boring compared to Either Way or Off the Record? and I only really like Kitsch because me and a friend have an inside joke about the song haha! omg yeah IU is touring! I unfortunately don't know many IU songs, the only one I really know/love is Lilac

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghastly For This Useful Post:

Ice (02-15-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Ooh it went lively over here for the past week, nice to see new kpop lovers here xD

Hello @(you need an account to see links) , if you like / checking out GFRIEND's songs do also check out Lovelyz and Apink they are kinda like a package .

i do recommend listening to IU's Good Day ( which is also the song that made her the nation's sister & her rising popularity begins).

Ah and uhm don't bother checking out Dreamcatcher , like @(you need an account to see links) mention they are just one out of the bunch of 3rd gen groups. . .yeah and Have a Good Day! i'm going off

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-15-2024),Ice (02-15-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    sorry it took me so long to reply!!!
    @(you need an account to see links) whoa that's so crazy you were able to watch it live though?? it must have been nuts! (also that one guy on the team who won worlds [you can tell how much I know about League 😂] being like so obsessed with NJ is kind of hilarious, if not just really cringe hahah) but yeah totally agreed. it had to have been a weird PR stunt at that point lol 🥴 but I still maintain that NJ peaked with Hype Boy/Ditto lol

I'm glad you are listening to more GGs (and yayyy Tear Rain is so good 🥺 I love OMG sm ughh) and omg yeah 😥 ik to most netizens/the average uninitiated who watches the video is just ridiculous/funny but after they blew up (in part due to that video) the girls talked about how traumatizing it was for them and how hurt they got 😭 it breaks my heart lol

and that's true, it's definitely not as ~musically valuable~ (idk how else to put it haha) as something like Either Way/OTR but I think that's just another one of their strengths, how versatile they are since they can pull off simple catchy pop tunes but also songs with a little more depth haha? but goddammit Starship let Liz sing more! 😒

I do also highly recommend IU, she really is in a league of her own. as KJ suggested, Good Day is great. my personal favorites include You & I, Blueming, Coin, Strawberry Moon, Eight, and her most recent release Love Wins All.

NLSDJFKLSD I'M SORRY @(you need an account to see links) 😭 I expected you to come and spread the good word of Dreamcatcher!! 🤣🙏

but yeah, Ghastly if you're into k-rock, or kpop with a jrock/anisong edge, Dreamcatcher is AMAZING they have a wonderful discography and countless fire title tracks. you'll get their sound very quickly from listening to their title tracks haha, gosh there's too many good ones lol! Chase Me, Fly High, Good Night, You & I, BEcause, Maison, Vision, Reason, Bonvoyage haha xD (and they are KJ's ultimate bias group lolll hence her saltiness I didn't mention them 🙈)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-15-2024),KJiU (02-16-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    209 times
    Time Online
    41d 18h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    sorry it took me so long to reply!!!
    @(you need an account to see links) whoa that's so crazy you were able to watch it live though?? it must have been nuts! (also that one guy on the team who won worlds [you can tell how much I know about League 😂] being like so obsessed with NJ is kind of hilarious, if not just really cringe hahah) but yeah totally agreed. it had to have been a weird PR stunt at that point lol 🥴 but I still maintain that NJ peaked with Hype Boy/Ditto lol

I'm glad you are listening to more GGs (and yayyy Tear Rain is so good 🥺 I love OMG sm ughh) and omg yeah 😥 ik to most netizens/the average uninitiated who watches the video is just ridiculous/funny but after they blew up (in part due to that video) the girls talked about how traumatizing it was for them and how hurt they got 😭 it breaks my heart lol

and that's true, it's definitely not as ~musically valuable~ (idk how else to put it haha) as something like Either Way/OTR but I think that's just another one of their strengths, how versatile they are since they can pull off simple catchy pop tunes but also songs with a little more depth haha? but goddammit Starship let Liz sing more! 😒

I do also highly recommend IU, she really is in a league of her own. as KJ suggested, Good Day is great. my personal favorites include You & I, Blueming, Coin, Strawberry Moon, Eight, and her most recent release Love Wins All.

NLSDJFKLSD I'M SORRY @(you need an account to see links) 😭 I expected you to come and spread the good word of Dreamcatcher!! 🤣🙏

but yeah, Ghastly if you're into k-rock, or kpop with a jrock/anisong edge, Dreamcatcher is AMAZING they have a wonderful discography and countless fire title tracks. you'll get their sound very quickly from listening to their title tracks haha, gosh there's too many good ones lol! Chase Me, Fly High, Good Night, You & I, BEcause, Maison, Vision, Reason, Bonvoyage haha xD (and they are KJ's ultimate bias group lolll hence her saltiness I didn't mention them 🙈)
    Ahhaha i knew it , i was thinking you would think that i will advertise Dreamcatcher xD i was just thinking oh its time to just pick a song and drop here to keep it alive and i found out there was a convo going on here

@(you need an account to see links), OOTD's comeback makes me think i am able to change bias to Handong for 1 week, but afterwards i realized ah i cant break free from paying JiU Tax LOL. But my ranking did had a change it became JiU > Handong > Yoohyeon now Oh anyways I bought the Whoop Japan package (1 limited +4 albums with 5 random pobs and a random 1min video call which turns out to be hangdong but i got covid that day and didn't made that videocall but o well still had her signed bromide + x1 JiU POB out of the 5 pcs xD

@(you need an account to see links), addon to what Ice mention above , Dreamcatcher is my fav group ( but actually i'm more of JiU > Dreamcatcher as a whole )Below is a short writeup before their 2023/4 comeback Bonvoyage & OOTD. Hope you enjoy and have a wonderful Kpop journey xD
    (you need an account to see links)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

Ghastly (02-17-2024),Ice (02-16-2024)