Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whyyyyy is my laptop so laggy?!!!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    66/0
    Mentioned
    213 times
    Time Online
    42d 3h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by xCarRadio View Post
    Alright. Sooooo I did see that there was a windows update waiting so I went for it. I don't know exactly what happened with the update, but it took me to a black screen with a boot error, I had to press F9 and reinstall windows all over again.

Now I'm even more confused. Howwww the fuck?!!
    Oh noo black screen after windows update hmm didn't see this coming. Maybe this 2024 article might help, went to googled it.
    (you need an account to see links)

Might as well wait for the experts to help you out with it , @(you need an account to see links) & @(you need an account to see links) would have better advise on this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KJiU For This Useful Post:

xCarRadio (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by KJiU View Post
    Oh noo black screen after windows update hmm didn't see this coming. Maybe this 2024 article might help, went to googled it.

Might as well wait for the experts to help you out with it , @(you need an account to see links) & @(you need an account to see links) would have better advise on this.
    That sucks. I've had similar issues with ASUS laptops in the past just a bit different situations. What brand is this laptop @(you need an account to see links) ?

My guess is drivers need to be updated. First I would check to update the RAM drivers. The article in KJiU's post I quoted shows steps on how to do it.

Another thing could be the BIOS/ROM. If the driver update in the article doesn't work or help, check the BIOS. When I installed windows on computers I built for anything this would be the biggest pain in the ass, for me. The installation can be finicky. To check BIOS version/date, press the windows key and r. A dialog box appear. Type in the command 'msinfo32' in the box next to open, then click OK. You will see the system summary on your screen and your BIOS version and date. If it's not the latest one that the manufacturer has (it should be listed on their website along with the respective downloads), it will need to be updated.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

KJiU (1 Week Ago),xCarRadio (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 9h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcremie View Post
    That sucks. I've had similar issues with ASUS laptops in the past just a bit different situations. What brand is this laptop @(you need an account to see links) ?

My guess is drivers need to be updated. First I would check to update the RAM drivers. The article in KJiU's post I quoted shows steps on how to do it.

Another thing could be the BIOS/ROM. If the driver update in the article doesn't work or help, check the BIOS. When I installed windows on computers I built for anything this would be the biggest pain in the ass, for me. The installation can be finicky. To check BIOS version/date, press the windows key and r. A dialog box appear. Type in the command 'msinfo32' in the box next to open, then click OK. You will see the system summary on your screen and your BIOS version and date. If it's not the latest one that the manufacturer has (it should be listed on their website along with the respective downloads), it will need to be updated.
    It's an HP

Alright, I will give that a go after work today. THANK YOU!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xCarRadio For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (1 Week Ago)