Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whenever I see a PC board "paging" someone I...

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Whenever I see a PC board "paging" someone I...

I feel uncomfortable seeing them 95% of the time. Especially when the account is semi-active or inactive. It's not the business of the pager and if the person is using the account to store pets away from the boards then all of a sudden you have this great big spotlight on their account and potentially a mess of report-every-new-UC-ever harpies flocking to yell at TNT all about it.

Everytime I see one I worry one day it will be me (which is irrational, I'm nobody special) and my paranoia just spikes out the window and drives up my anxiety and it just becomes a BIG mess...

I also worry one day some popular PCer will do that to me and want one of my pets and I'll be pressured into trading because of I'm so easily intimidated. Again, irrational, but it is what it is and I get anxious and paranoid so easily. Does anyone else feel the same?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnlocktomboy For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-26-2016),Huntera (05-26-2016),Raposa (05-26-2016),siaospear (05-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I have (very politely) Neomailed people inquiring about pets, and both times it turns out they wanted the trade. However plastering someone's account over the boards because you want their pets is just stupid and wrong. People do feel as if they have a right to a pet if it's not on a main account.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Howl For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-26-2016),gooddoggo (05-26-2016),johnlocktomboy (05-26-2016),Raposa (05-26-2016),Shizuku (05-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    46d 21h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I understand how you feel too. Just admit that you're not interested in trading. The pet is yours for a reason! Don't let anybody ever intimidate you into doing something you don't feel comfortable with.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shizuku For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-26-2016),gooddoggo (05-26-2016),Raposa (05-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11d 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    No, just step back from the pressure and close the internet/go on another site. You can block them. If you happen to have a ton of sketchy UCs or RN/RWs I'm not that sympathetic.

Usually when I see paging boards though, they seem to be people who were talking about a trade, and then somehow lost contact.

Ie: I was arranging a trade for Xxxxxx and was only contacting that side account, and then boom it gets frozen or something, you might make a paging board to try to get in contact with the main account, or something like that.
    And idk about other people, but the captcha has curbed my tendency to stalk people's accounts, so that's a thing. I guess I don't find them worth worrying about.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I really am a ditsy paranoid ball of anxiety, but I feel so much better knowing I can share with others here.

also @(you need an account to see links)
    not sympathetic? forreal? you do realize what site you're on, right...?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Howl View Post
    People do feel as if they have a right to a pet if it's not on a main account.
    You hit the nail on the head -- it pisses me off to no end that there's a large contingent who believes side account pets are fair game since they aren't "loved as much" or whatever BS their entitlement convinces them of. Just ridiculous.
    ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

* Coming Soon!

(you need an account to see links)
    ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariella For This Useful Post:

Raposa (05-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Your not entitled to trade with anyone if you don't want to, even if your pet is on a side, that doesn't give them the right to guilt trip you or think that they are entitled to your pet.

Don't worry!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    It was because of something like this that I lost one of my mains, now I simply avoid the pc at all costs (or any board for that matter)

I'm extremely scared that someday someone is going to find my rw uc's and I'm going to get all my accs frozen again lol, it's probably just me but I'm not risking it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    13d 22h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I made a thread about this a while ago I was surprised when people said it doesn't bug them, but it bugs me. It almost seems like the person paging is demanding to trade for that pet and it makes me uncomfortable. As if they deserve to get that pet sort of thing. If I ever got caught in that it'd be awkward to say no.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Huntera For This Useful Post:

Shizuku (05-26-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    11d 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlocktomboy View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I really am a ditsy paranoid ball of anxiety, but I feel so much better knowing I can share with others here.

not sympathetic? forreal? you do realize what site you're on, right...?
    Yeah, I do. But at the same time, I guess I put too much faith in TNT? If you bought your pet sneakily years ago I can't really see them doing anything

Although I do agree that the amount that people try to police how other people use their pets annoys me.
    Ie: when someone finds a pet in the pound, and decides to return it to the owner, then everyone and their mother tries to convince the person to keep the pet because "it's their fault it was in the pound." Where, really, they just want to see the previous owner lose their pet.
    Like, come on... it's a BN skunk wocky, but for some reason the entire PC thinks the old owner doesn't deserve to want their sentimental-pet back.