Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safe way of listing and selling NC/NP items - middleman? How about payment?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Safe way of listing and selling NC/NP items - middleman? How about payment?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cookieface For This Useful Post:

aymo (12-13-2023),caviar (01-20-2024),Kaguya (12-12-2023),Vulpes (12-12-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Bumping this thread because it's been a while and I am still mostly curious about the payment methods/selling "anonymously" and using a middleman.

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Middleman services were disbanded here some years ago. Here are some threads with market tips and rules to help you further:

(you need an account to see links)

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

cookieface (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    Middleman services were disbanded here some years ago. Here are some threads with market tips and rules to help you further:

Thanks! I did read those - upon reading again, though, it seems like it's mostly a trust thing? Like you make trades/sales with people who hopefully already have a good iTrader rating, and it's a matter of trust that they won't reveal or do anything with your real name/personal info when you buy/sell via Paypal? I did look around quite a bit but there doesn't seem to be a way to sell more "anonymously" on paypal unfortunately.

And thank you about the middleman thing being disbanded. If I do make trades/sales I'll just focus on making them with established traders until I get more comfortable. Seems like that's the best/only way to go.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by cookieface View Post
    Thanks! I did read those - upon reading again, though, it seems like it's mostly a trust thing? Like you make trades/sales with people who hopefully already have a good iTrader rating, and it's a matter of trust that they won't reveal or do anything with your real name/personal info when you buy/sell via Paypal? I did look around quite a bit but there doesn't seem to be a way to sell more "anonymously" on paypal unfortunately.

And thank you about the middleman thing being disbanded. If I do make trades/sales I'll just focus on making them with established traders until I get more comfortable. Seems like that's the best/only way to go.
    Yeah, I personally judge on people's iTrader feedback on here. If they have good feedback, they're likely a reputable buyer/seller. I've gone by that and never had any issues myself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

cookieface (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    Yeah, I personally judge on people's iTrader feedback on here. If they have good feedback, they're likely a reputable buyer/seller. I've gone by that and never had any issues myself.
    That's very reassuring, thank you! I remember ages ago there was fear of that type of info being given out, so it had me a bit on edge. That and this site is pretty well-known, while the site I used to use (years ago) was lesser-known. I'll probably buy more than sell, but hearing positive experiences is a comfort.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cookieface For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    260/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    47d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Some of the NC sellers here have listed DTI.... Maybe create a separate DTI list from the one associated to your account For me I do have a specific NC Seller I go to for things I need because a) they can get me most items, b) their prices are good, c) are consistent.....A lot of the times I come to them for items I cannot find myself or am having hard time finding..... My TL list is eh sometimes... So maybe disguise your account through dti

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spoildlittleme For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoildlittleme View Post
    Some of the NC sellers here have listed DTI.... Maybe create a separate DTI list from the one associated to your account For me I do have a specific NC Seller I go to for things I need because a) they can get me most items, b) their prices are good, c) are consistent.....A lot of the times I come to them for items I cannot find myself or am having hard time finding..... My TL list is eh sometimes... So maybe disguise your account through dti
    A separate DTI list is a great idea thanks! Do they sell using paypal or something else (and do sellers tend to sell using Friends & Family or the "goods & services")? And if you're comfortable messaging me the seller name I'd love to know for if I want to get something...especially if they have good prices! I don't have much time to trade these days which is why I'm more interested in selling some stuff I have directly and buying directly.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    260/0
    Mentioned
    243 times
    Time Online
    47d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    A separate DTI list is a great idea thanks! Do they sell using paypal or something else (and do sellers tend to sell using Friends & Family or the "goods & services")? And if you're comfortable messaging me the seller name I'd love to know for if I want to get something...especially if they have good prices! I don't have much time to trade these days which is why I'm more interested in selling some stuff I have directly and buying directly.
    Mine uses Paypal. And I do prefer it that way. I've dealt with few other sellers for NC and have done the Paypal.... Friends and Family is the most common so the seller gets the full amount.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Spoildlittleme For This Useful Post:

cookieface (01-24-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    You can find those sellers on the Trades forums. All the ones I've dealt with so far have been great and professional!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

cookieface (01-24-2024)