Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: tfw you finally discover where you stand politically and it scares away many of your "friends"

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
Last edited by Forever; 09-03-2019 at 09:56 PM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forever For This Useful Post:

Crow (10-15-2018),Synth Salazzle (11-23-2018),Witch (02-05-2019),Yeri (10-17-2018)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramatical View Post
    OH MY GOD. I am in the same boat as you.
    I live in an EXTREMELY liberal, progressive, leftist state (Portland, OR).

And I've always been an independent thinker, but I still thought I identified as a leftist.

Then, recently, I finally discovered the truth, and the reason for the uncomfortable feeling I'd get whenever I hear political discussion around me: I AM THE OPPOSITE OF LEFTIST. Or perhaps the polar opposite, l.ol. I don't actually know what label I'd subscribe to yet.

But for now, I finally see that the people around me are goddamn ignorant, self-centered fools.
    And this is why I have no friends.

"EXCUSE ME. I'm not a he/she/ I'm a TREE. PLEASE RESPECT MY PRONOUN AND CALL ME TREE. No, not a tree... Pronouns, people~ I AM SPECIAL AND I AM A POLITICAL OBJECT. Hahahahah"

"Everybody is special, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE LGBTQ-NBABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP.... You are special! YOU ARE SPECIAL! You believe in all the bullshit that tells you you're better than everyone else! You DESERVE THIS! You're ENTITLED TO THIS! This is the political package you bought, along with the rest of the subservient, sheep who make up this population!"

alskdjfalskdjfls I'm not doing my position any justice right now. But this is a rant. I'm sick of politics.
    I will never debate them outside of a formal debate setting. EVER.
    To think I used to want to move to Seattle or Portland because it was as leftist as where I live (Western Mass). And now I still want to move but there's no way in hell I'm moving to Seattle/Portland. Uh uh.

I literally just watched some freakin' protest thing in Portland where antifa is in the streets directing traffic and police are doing NOTHING and it's so infuriating to watch. I can't imagine living in that city, you poor thing.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    3h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    To think I used to want to move to Seattle or Portland because it was as leftist as where I live (Western Mass). And now I still want to move but there's no way in hell I'm moving to Seattle/Portland. Uh uh.

I literally just watched some freakin' protest thing in Portland where antifa is in the streets directing traffic and police are doing NOTHING and it's so infuriating to watch. I can't imagine living in that city, you poor thing.
    Hi, I understand this is an old thread. I'm new and I didn't know how slow moving the forum was and this was on the first page; I started reading all of this and got very interested. So I'm sorry if people don't "resurrect" threads here, but I'm very curious.
    Do you have any update on developments with your bff? Did y'all come to terms?

I also wanted to mention that I live in Portland and most of us *hate* antifa. They are very niche, just loud and sensationalized. Most of us (us = sane leftist Portlanders) think they undermine every protest and event they attend. I worked in food service after Trump got elected, which garnered a huge protest, and I cannot tell you how many customers I got who told me they participated in the protest and left because of them.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winterwitch For This Useful Post:

babzy (12-02-2018),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (11-23-2018)

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123