5/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Miu View Post
    if you play Pokemon Go, then its a must! i highly recommend it!
    It's much better than my Pokebal Plus.
    The best part is, Pikachu sings to you
    Okay, that's adorable haha. I need it!

The built in alarm feature is really good to know about! I'll definitely want to test it on a non-working day to make sure I respond well to it lol. My internal clock will not take over and get my butt outta bed at 4am without some verified help.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynn View Post
    When this app was first announced, I honestly found it a bit weird. And honestly, I do still think it is a little weird. But I have to confess curiosity about it too, what with the different sleeping styles and all. I personally suffer from hypersomnia, so I wonder if that would mean I get to catch super rare Pokemon as a result of that. So I'm currently wrestling with the idea of downloading it to see if I will catch rare Pokemon, or if I even want to in the first place... Do you guys think the sleep data is being stored/resold kind of like how Pokemon Go was using location data for things?
    I have the same problem lol, the app told me I have unusually long heavy sleeps. Can't really sleep as much as I want during the week but you bet I am sleeping insane hours on the weekend.

Their privacy notice states they keep the information on their servers. It can be shared but I have my phone set to where it doesn't share my data to other sources or track data from other apps. I've worked data privacy for 10 years, on a scale from off the grid prepper to Facebook Cambridge Analytica Scandal.....it falls pretty low. That said, as a general note make sure the privacy settings on your phone are updated to your liking. I loathe advertisements and so much more when they're targeted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Miu (07-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 4h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    I have the same problem lol, the app told me I have unusually long heavy sleeps. Can't really sleep as much as I want during the week but you bet I am sleeping insane hours on the weekend.

Their privacy notice states they keep the information on their servers. It can be shared but I have my phone set to where it doesn't share my data to other sources or track data from other apps. I've worked data privacy for 10 years, on a scale from off the grid prepper to Facebook Cambridge Analytica Scandal.....it falls pretty low. That said, as a general note make sure the privacy settings on your phone are updated to your liking. I loathe advertisements and so much more when they're targeted.
    Yeah, in all honesty, a company knowing my sleep patterns isn't really like... Weird to me. I guess the information could be sold to companies that potentially could market from it, like I guess mattress companies or companies that sell blankets and stuff. For data that is useful for people, I can't really see it as being useful. I guess for me though, it's just that it's so weird that it makes me feel a bit strange about it. But also, there's that part of me that is just like "omg Pokemon" which... I guess is why they can kind of make random games like this and generate hype?

I'm practically a pro at sleeping though so I would get super high scores in this game.
    Thank you Lyrichord for the userbar!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 21h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    How have I not heard of this! It looks interesting, and I am desperate to try anything that will help me with me sleep lol Downloading now!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynn View Post
    Yeah, in all honesty, a company knowing my sleep patterns isn't really like... Weird to me. I guess the information could be sold to companies that potentially could market from it, like I guess mattress companies or companies that sell blankets and stuff. For data that is useful for people, I can't really see it as being useful. I guess for me though, it's just that it's so weird that it makes me feel a bit strange about it. But also, there's that part of me that is just like "omg Pokemon" which... I guess is why they can kind of make random games like this and generate hype?

I'm practically a pro at sleeping though so I would get super high scores in this game.
    Blankets, pillows, energy drinks, supplements....who knows honestly but I am kinda curious now lol. I won't know because all I get are untargeted gambling ads. But they're too late for that too cuz I already have Neopets! haha. I don't think it'll help with sleep that much but the research results are interesting at least.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I used this for the first time last night, can anybody hear the sounds that were recorded? I was hoping to hear some funny/weird shit I said in my sleep but it doesn't seem to be actually recording any sound.

edit: Reading some other posts about the alarm, I am a HEAVY sleeper and that alarm was able to wake me up. I was mainly confused as to what was happening bc I'm used to an iPhone alarm but it definitely woke me up.
    Last edited by RadLapras; 07-25-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Another Dog Cutie today
    (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

John Cena (07-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    i didnt know it records sound.......... is this really true?

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 20h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 43m
    Last night was my first time giving this a try after seeing this thread. Figured why not, i've never tracked my sleep before and aside from being creeped out something is listening to me sleep it seems easy enough! I wasn't sure what to expect and am still wandering around the app now, checking everything out but was so excited to see a new Pokemon I had to run here and share! (I think since this is the first night for me its giving me a few extra Pokemon to get going, but this seems to be like the 'reward' for sleeping.)

About to hand out some biscuits to everyone now ^-^
    Thanks for the thread on this, its a super cute game!

(you need an account to see links)
    ^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (07-26-2023),John Cena (07-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 17h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Updated the first post with friend codes! Let me know if I missed anyone or if you want your code added!

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

John Cena (07-26-2023)