DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    For me, I love reading what everyone talks about but I'm not that big on commenting most of the time. Sometimes when I feel strongly about a certain topic, I'll write. But most of the time it's just reading the interactions around the forum.

But you're right in which you see a lot more traffic during the AC as the bot here is one of the best ways to do the AC without putting in that much effort.

That being said, you probably will get 100 people checking this place out and "using the resources" and maybe 1-5 will end up staying because of the community. The uptake rate for almost everything in the world is relatively similar, wouldn't expect it to be different for our forum too.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-13-2023),hellraid (07-13-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023),Teakwood (07-13-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I think I'm a little bit of both Ice and Unown. I'm definitely burnt out from the AC, so my activity across both platforms has decreased a bit.

I also am not much of a talker. If I see something that interests me, or keeps my interest (fuck you wordle and your vice grip you have on me), I'll post then.

Thank you Hellraid <3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

John Cena (07-13-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    10d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    It doesn't help that sometimes there just aren't that interesting of topics to discuss. AC gives us something exciting to talk about every day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quasar For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    57/0
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    For myself personally, I usually only check clraik when I'm on neopets so I have something to browse simultaneously. My participation usually coincides with when I'm more active on neopets, which over the years has dwindled to only bigger events - like the AC. I also find that I don't really have anything to contribute. I like the daily wordle thread because it's something to remind me to do it everyday, but other than that I'm really not an extrovert so I tend to just reply to already made topics that I find in the "what's new" section. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people were similar in that regard
    Don't get me wrong, I love this site and I love it's sense of community and all the fun stuff that people do, but it's the same situation as like being invited "out" to me. I'd rather just stay home and then go out when I feel like it (:

------------------------------
    John Cena Cat

Buff cena cat by @honeycomb

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Cena For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-13-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    5d 16h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I would say it also depends on the motivation of the person. There are users who created an account and probably only come when a big event it's happening. This also applies to new accounts being created due to the curiosity.

Other users are lurkers so they may interact a bit because of the uproar and later come back to shadows, shyness or not they feel more comfortable like that.

And then we have the old ck users that took an hiatus because real life, the event happens and they return for nostalgia to the game and the forum.

Even if AC is over and activity has somehow diminished, I still feel more activity than usual in some extent for the motivation of the summer userbars
    I'm in the lurker who gets shy category, I try to be active where I can but I definitely find it easier to get in on the chat when the site is busier. I think my big hurdle is I suck at instigating conversations

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nameless Ghoul For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    For me, I love reading what everyone talks about but I'm not that big on commenting most of the time. Sometimes when I feel strongly about a certain topic, I'll write. But most of the time it's just reading the interactions around the forum.

But you're right in which you see a lot more traffic during the AC as the bot here is one of the best ways to do the AC without putting in that much effort.

That being said, you probably will get 100 people checking this place out and "using the resources" and maybe 1-5 will end up staying because of the community. The uptake rate for almost everything in the world is relatively similar, wouldn't expect it to be different for our forum too.
    That's why I asked. I love statistics so I was just inquiring whether it mimicked real-world events and normal distributions, or if Clraik was an outlier. I have missed many a years with Clraik. I was more active on Neocodex. I was actually very active there. So now that they dissappeared, I intend to show that same support to Clraik!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feign View Post
    At least most of the randoms would have purchased VIP
    Exactly!!!! I love that actually. Like, sure, we don't mind you popping in for major events, but you'll have to pay for what you want if you're not intending to be active. Win/Win! I can't wait to get my lifetime UB in late August! Worth every penny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    The AC is definitely one of the biggest spikes in activity I'd say from non-regularly participating members (i.e. just here for programs etc) but the summer time in general does have a lot of other stuff going on too, either with creative events or new userbars etc. But I think we might also be a little burnt out after the AC hubbub, at least I feel like I am xD
    For me, I just have a lot going on and my mind is elsewhere. As I am sure you know from my "Buying a house" thread.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I also went on a hiatus but I'm the same with being a lurker. I've never been super active in general! But I'm getting myself to be more active since I do thoroughly enjoy it on here.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-13-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Holy shit guys you scare the life out me at seeing all that number of mentions lol

Alright now reading back to what everyone said.

@(you need an account to see links) that's actually a very positive point! More people buying VIP means more support for the staff, which are always going miles for the community and they only rely on the contributions we make to keep this site going on. That's a lot! So thanks to everyone who is buying vip, you're helping too

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) I must admit the AC even if being so tedious I really enjoy all the chitchats here, I mean there were users I usually don't talk to because normally we don't get on the same topic at same time, but AC allowed me to talk more with people! Like I had no idea @(you need an account to see links) you could be very determined and voiceful, I don't know I thought you were a shy person?

@(you need an account to see links) you're a regular, I don't believe your words xD

@(you need an account to see links) but still you're active too and I love your drawings and ideas, I see you as a part of clraik I'm not a great talker but hey if I can swoop in I'll try, you rock buddy

@(you need an account to see links) well nothing to say here, honestly even if you chat a little all the guides and support you have done for this forum speak like thousands! And reading is entertaining too

@(you need an account to see links) I get that, a whole month of grinding with some problems and stuff on real life, one wants a break (vacations please). Still even if we haven't talked a lot, it was nice to know you were there too giving lots of support and cheering words

@(you need an account to see links) that's another point too. While neopets it's a big part, we also need to spice up other sections of the forum. I've been seeing new threads this summer, hopefully we can bring more. Look at you, all those colorful userbars looks well on you!

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) That's fine too, the positive side of AC is that it brings a lots of sound and make it easier to join. Take your time, there are always some perk moments through the year so it's good to have you around and hear you when you feel up to

@(you need an account to see links) There is never nothing wrong in trying! And besides I have to be honest, I enjoy seeing Mega Charizard around since it always reminds me how we have many pokemon fans around the forum! I'm not named after one but I sometimes like to have a little rockruff to pretend I'm with the cool Pokemon gang too

@(you need an account to see links) you do make good threads huh? Look how this grew up and called other users around, little interactions sometimes do bigger changes

And that's it. Yeah I'm tagging you all because now you gotta feel what I felt at seeing all those notifications on my box lmao

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

hellraid (07-13-2023),John Cena (07-13-2023),Quasar (07-13-2023),Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023),Saturnine (07-13-2023),Teakwood (07-14-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    10d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Holy shit guys you scare the life out me at seeing all that number of mentions lol

Alright now reading back to what everyone said.

@(you need an account to see links) that's actually a very positive point! More people buying VIP means more support for the staff, which are always going miles for the community and they only rely on the contributions we make to keep this site going on. That's a lot! So thanks to everyone who is buying vip, you're helping too

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) I must admit the AC even if being so tedious I really enjoy all the chitchats here, I mean there were users I usually don't talk to because normally we don't get on the same topic at same time, but AC allowed me to talk more with people! Like I had no idea @(you need an account to see links) you could be very determined and voiceful, I don't know I thought you were a shy person?

@(you need an account to see links) you're a regular, I don't believe your words xD

@(you need an account to see links) but still you're active too and I love your drawings and ideas, I see you as a part of clraik I'm not a great talker but hey if I can swoop in I'll try, you rock buddy

@(you need an account to see links) well nothing to say here, honestly even if you chat a little all the guides and support you have done for this forum speak like thousands! And reading is entertaining too

@(you need an account to see links) I get that, a whole month of grinding with some problems and stuff on real life, one wants a break (vacations please). Still even if we haven't talked a lot, it was nice to know you were there too giving lots of support and cheering words

@(you need an account to see links) that's another point too. While neopets it's a big part, we also need to spice up other sections of the forum. I've been seeing new threads this summer, hopefully we can bring more. Look at you, all those colorful userbars looks well on you!

@(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links) That's fine too, the positive side of AC is that it brings a lots of sound and make it easier to join. Take your time, there are always some perk moments through the year so it's good to have you around and hear you when you feel up to

@(you need an account to see links) There is never nothing wrong in trying! And besides I have to be honest, I enjoy seeing Mega Charizard around since it always reminds me how we have many pokemon fans around the forum! I'm not named after one but I sometimes like to have a little rockruff to pretend I'm with the cool Pokemon gang too

@(you need an account to see links) you do make good threads huh? Look how this grew up and called other users around, little interactions sometimes do bigger changes

And that's it. Yeah I'm tagging you all because now you gotta feel what I felt at seeing all those notifications on my box lmao
    Now that is one hell of a post!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quasar For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    @(you need an account to see links) Agreed! I love all the Pokémon fans as well. I'm also a big fan of shiny charizard but the Mega X is my all time favorite. Rock ruff is adorable as heck. I had a midnight form Lycanroc on my team and loved it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (07-13-2023)