Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your current life goals?

Pronouns
    bur/den
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    At this very moment it's to get out of my mom's and move into an apartment with my two kids but rent is so ridiculously high; ;

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Things are really up in there air for me right now. There's a chance my neurological condition might make my chosen career path unrealistic in the long term, so goals related to that are kind of in limbo right now and I'm a bit lost while I wait for answers.

Outside of a career, been struggling to find something where I feel like I'm a net positive and feel fulfilled by my contributions.

Get my other health issues and injuries under control enough that I can get back on the fitness train.
    Just following up on this after about a third of the year.

After some testing, it seems the issues I was having are not related to my neurological condition, so career is no longer under thread, but I did still lose my job. So the big thing right now is to find something that pays the bills and has good health insurance and hopefully sucks even a little less soul out of me than my last job.

Still on the quest to find something new that meets that second bullet point, it's been a huge focus of mine, but it's easier said than done.

Third one is a work in progress.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (01-05-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    TO GET THE VOID USERBAR
    lol jk

In all honesty, my big goal right now is to finally fix my health issue. I've had this problem for two years, but its to to the point to where I've been on MLOA for so long and it really is hurting me in more than just a few ways.
    If I can get this fixed and back on my feet, I truly would love that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-05-2023),Uma (05-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    19d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Goal is to buy a house.... I've been trying for the past year+ but the market has been absolutely insane.

Also would love to feel more financially secure, but this inflation isn't helping. So as much as I want to own property and not rent... I also worry about the cost to maintain said house.

And.... for 2023 please anxiety, go away.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    lol get the void usernar. lol

1. I want to have a million rand in a account that gives intrest every month. So technically I want to be a South African millionaire. Still wont be enough to live off but will help. I have 10% off that now
    2. I want to have a sucessful photogrpahy studio with at least 15- 30 shoots a week and 2 weddings a month. I am at 5 and 15 now one week before christmas I had 20 and it was awesoem!
    3/ I wan tot have a etsy shop that also earn about R10 000 a month. I get about R700 now... so big goal
    4. I want to do my post-grad in disaster management with distinction this year.

I guess @(you need an account to see links)... I would like to feel financially secure. I just think if I achieve the above I will have a better chance
    Less axiety would also help me although I think I have it better under control than last year this time

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Get my drivers license.. I'm about to be halfway to 30 starting next month and don't have it. Nor a job ever in my life

Really need to suck up the social anxiety and just do it but it's so hard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-06-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I want to further my study in the concrete industry, hoping to get an engineering degree through university if I can get work to pay for it lol

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by NTYGLT View Post
    I want to further my study in the concrete industry, hoping to get an engineering degree through university if I can get work to pay for it lol
    Concrete is something I never really thought about there being an entire industry for, even though it makes total sense. I hope you're able to make that work out!
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

♥ Shinx ♥ (01-07-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Concrete is something I never really thought about there being an entire industry for, even though it makes total sense. I hope you're able to make that work out!
    It's crazy how much there is to it, I joined as part of the customer service team and eventually got my truck licences, learned the trade, completed an apprenticeship which was awesome and I'm itching to learn more

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-08-2023),phantasia (01-08-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Get my drivers license.. I'm about to be halfway to 30 starting next month and don't have it. Nor a job ever in my life

Really need to suck up the social anxiety and just do it but it's so hard
    Are you working for yourself?
    Getting a job is over rated. Although having to hussle every day is also really getting to me but I do believe one can work online and never see people if you wanted to. My Etsy show actually has minimum interaction with people. I design canva templates. Only time I have to chat to anyone is when they can't open the template or need a spesific design change or something. I know there are people making a lot of money from these templates so it is possible to earn a living from it. Another option if someone is good at writing you can d copyright or I mean code.... "making your own job" is possible.

Good luck with the license. I got my car license first time. I was also already 19 most people get it at 18. I have since gone for a bigger class license to drive a small truck and failed three times. The one time my driver instruction actualy stood there and when I got back his like... no way. You drive so well and I saw no mistakes. So he said they wanted a bribe... but yeah I am so stupid with social clues and did not notice. And I am not really comfortable with having to give a bribe for something I deserve. So yeah I am just sticking to a car. You can do it. I am sure you can do it. I know there is this simulator that people practice with here now... I think I would be imagining it all being a simulation.
    Last edited by phantasia; 01-08-2023 at 04:44 AM.