DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    6d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Is this just a problem for gay men and trans? I was dating a girl for quite some time, walking around holding hands, kisses goodbye... We never had a single problem. No one ever said anything rude (except for a few drunk guys at a bar after seeing us making out, but thats reasonable).

I do know quite a few gay men and none have ever expressed complaints about how they were treated. All the gay people I know seem to be treated very kindly by others.. Maybe I just live in a more progressive place than you other people do.

If people are expecting there to be noone who is against their lifestyle then they are unrealistic babies. I mean, no matter what you do there is going to be some people who disprove.. Especially on the internet, its a place where people with common beliefs get together, including their disapproval of certain things.. Like what do you expect? The thought police to come and make sure no one expresses their thoughts and feelings?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    14d 15h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    happy LA Pride

3. The Following User Says Thank You to paris hilton For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (06-09-2017)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by ckatg View Post
    Is this just a problem for gay men and trans? I was dating a girl for quite some time, walking around holding hands, kisses goodbye... We never had a single problem. No one ever said anything rude (except for a few drunk guys at a bar after seeing us making out, but thats reasonable).
    I think part of it is that women are allowed to "get away" with more touchy-feely platonic affection for the most part. I'm not necessarily saying that they/we necessarily pass as just friends, but idk. ANd, like, this also really only applies when both the women present traditionally.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    Quote Originally Posted by paris hilton View Post
    happy LA Pride
    thanks paris im a huge fan love u girl

Quote Originally Posted by kat. View Post
    lesbians are either disgusting or theyre hot, because lesbians arent taken seriously. lesbians are only seen as a fetish and something for men to jack off to, and the people that dont see it as a fetish see it as wrong because it's not a straight relationship. ive had the benefit of being both to different groups of people even though im not a lesbian.

gay men are more in the public eye, theyre more out there because Gay Men have always, imo, been the sort of... centrepiece of lgbt activism. lesbians are only just coming into the public eye (still referred to as 'good friends' because 'lesbians' is the forbidden word or something) and trans people (mostly trans women, trans men are still unheard of for the most part), and bi people just straight up dont exist to anyone except bi people LOL -_________- anyway, this isnt a criticism of gay men being in the public eye more, its just a fact.

i think a lot of this has to do with toxic masculinity and... the patriarchy (everyone groans as osomatsu is at it again), wherein the idea of men is to be strong and hetero and fuck women and have kids- men have this weird idea of men being animals (ill keep my mouth shut because im a "misandrist" LOL) that are only alive to breed with women and keep the race going, and men who love other men, or are feminine in any way, are seen as disgusting and weak or something. where lesbians and trans men are seen as a fetish and for mens enjoyment, trans women and gay men are either also a fetish, or theyre a blight, because they go against masculinity. yes, these are actual views ive read from actual men, i promise you men actually say this shit completely seriously.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Ms M. (06-09-2017),Raylu (06-09-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by kat. View Post

I do know quite a few gay men and none have ever expressed complaints about how they were treated. All the gay people I know seem to be treated very kindly by others.. Maybe I just live in a more progressive place than you other people do.

If people are expecting there to be noone who is against their lifestyle then they are unrealistic babies. I mean, no matter what you do there is going to be some people who disprove.. Especially on the internet, its a place where people with common beliefs get together, including their disapproval of certain things.. Like what do you expect? The thought police to come and make sure no one expresses their thoughts and feelings?
    ya my best friend is gay and he doesn't have any issues in Australia with being called names or whatever homosexuals being targeted specifically for their sexuality is not something you'd just hear about. It'd cause a lot of outrage among the community if somebody were targeted for that. I think it's definitely more prevalent in a country like the US where religion is extremely dominant and pushed down ppls throats. I remember even in Canada seeing this giant Christian anti-abortion mural and i thought about how that shit would never fly in Australia because we just ain't like that as a society.

Social issues like using the term "you're gay" as an insult is on par with using the term "you do ___ like a girl" - language can take hundreds of years to change so it's really not something I'd look at as a form of active discrimination, moreso a shitty habit that'll take time for people to grow out of.

Pronouns
    he;him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hi, my name is John, i'm bi guy
    ready to talk about a LGBTQ+ questions

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nery For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-22-2017)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by saffer View Post
    Hi, my name is John, i'm bi guy
    ready to talk about a LGBTQ+ questions
    Hi John the bi guy. I'm Aiden the bi guy!

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    17d 14h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm a Transman; uh and I feel the urge to mention I lean right; so that's kind of a unique perspective.

If anybody out there is lookin' to ask a trans-orientated question.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffryHawk View Post
    I'm a Transman; uh and I feel the urge to mention I lean right; so that's kind of a unique perspective.

If anybody out there is lookin' to ask a trans-orientated question.
    Same, I don't lean right. But I'm more of a centrist that leans a little left.

I do not like how the left is acting lately though.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    41 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but I've never felt being gay has ever been an issue for me.
    I mean, I've never been bullied/harassed/attacked or discriminated against because of my sexuality. Most people I guess don't even know I'm gay when they first meet mr, and there's no reason for them to, but at the same time if they ask "Do you have a girlfriend?" I'll straight up say, "Nope, a boyfriend" and I've never had an awkard reaction to that in the 7 years I've been with my partner.

So, in light of this, I'd like to ask a question to the rest of you LGBT people - have you ever struggled, whether it be socially/emotionally or in any other way because of your sexuality and in what way?

I'm not saying this to be like "oh look at me I'm untouchable, aren't I awesome for having never been oppressed because of my sexuality" - I'm just saying it how it is.
    I've never really fitted into the LGBT "community" but never really felt the need or want to.