DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Well, learning this I can safely say I'm definitely not buying any Neocash, and thank goodness I haven't bought anything before. I know we all have echoed this sentiment but I just can't understand supporting and enabling this guy holding a literal sword of damocles over the site and user information. Just because he hasn't done anything malicious with what he has access to now doesn't mean he won't later. The moment this guy is offered a deal that will give him profits the fuse will be lit.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Can someone explain the drama, so basically there's a group that thinks NT is great because he's exposing TNT's weak system. And there's another group that hates him because he's doing a bad thing?

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrixlRey View Post
    Can someone explain the drama, so basically there's a group that thinks NT is great because he's exposing TNT's weak system. And there's another group that hates him because he's doing a bad thing?
    That is basically it boiled down to its most basic parts.

The group that puts NT up on a pedestal thinks he's amazing because in between "exposing cheaters", he's also gone out of his way to give various hints about activities on the site and their odds. This is despite the fact that the Neocord and Subreddit has very strict rules regarding discussion of cheating or exploits, and most or all of said person's posts remain up despite being in clear violation of these rules. It's incredibly hypocritical.

The group that dislikes NT (us, and a few vocal people from the Neocord and subreddit) do so because we know without a shadow of a doubt who the guy really is, what he's done in the past, and know full well that he's not as altruistic as he appears to be. Having access to the database in the way he does is not only a privacy concern, but it's also just the right recipe for corruption. Who's to say NT isn't outing certain people while helping others fly under the radar? Who's to say he isn't taking bribes to generate items? A proper white hat hacker (what he claims to be) would have reported the vulnerability to TNT and then stopped using the backend for personal gain or attention. Instead, he's turned around and has used his access to try to profit (wanting a bounty for reporting the vulnerability) and has refused to back down out of it until he gets paid for it. And he's outright admitted this during an interview posted on a specific petpage.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (10-30-2023),Dot (11-18-2023),DrixlRey (10-30-2023),I_royalty_I (10-30-2023),Ice (10-30-2023),Raylu (10-30-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023),Vulpes (10-30-2023),xCarRadio (10-30-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Seeing them call n_t a white hat made me just want to give up on humanity and weep for it's downfall.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (10-30-2023),Bunnii (10-30-2023),I_royalty_I (10-30-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    6d 12h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    That is basically it boiled down to its most basic parts.

The group that puts NT up on a pedestal thinks he's amazing because in between "exposing cheaters", he's also gone out of his way to give various hints about activities on the site and their odds. This is despite the fact that the Neocord and Subreddit has very strict rules regarding discussion of cheating or exploits, and most or all of said person's posts remain up despite being in clear violation of these rules. It's incredibly hypocritical.

The group that dislikes NT (us, and a few vocal people from the Neocord and subreddit) do so because we know without a shadow of a doubt who the guy really is, what he's done in the past, and know full well that he's not as altruistic as he appears to be. Having access to the database in the way he does is not only a privacy concern, but it's also just the right recipe for corruption. Who's to say NT isn't outing certain people while helping others fly under the radar? Who's to say he isn't taking bribes to generate items? A proper white hat hacker (what he claims to be) would have reported the vulnerability to TNT and then stopped using the backend for personal gain or attention. Instead, he's turned around and has used his access to try to profit (wanting a bounty for reporting the vulnerability) and has refused to back down out of it until he gets paid for it. And he's outright admitted this during an interview posted on a specific petpage.
    This guy pretty much has god mode on Neopets and who knows what else. Is it possible that he is a former TNT member? That's so baffling. I can't understand how TNT have not done anything. Isn't this a crime in the USA?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    It's Adam's scorned son, the one that got passed up for the throne. (I don't really know that he ahs a son, just making jokes, since his daughter fucked it all into the ground)
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SomeClown For This Useful Post:

John Cena (10-30-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by sallys View Post
    This guy pretty much has god mode on Neopets and who knows what else. Is it possible that he is a former TNT member? That's so baffling. I can't understand how TNT have not done anything. Isn't this a crime in the USA?
    He's not a former staff member, no.

I will say though, illegal or not, Neopets is genuinely the only fanbase I know of that is ok with something like this in the name of "justice" No other moderator, user, nor community ambassador for any other site, or even video game company, would be 100% ok with having someone in the backend with access to personal information just to catch a cheater or two.

Not Pokemon, not Subtera, not any site. Like, even if I didn't cheat on Neopets, as a regular player, the fact that anyone can try to justify his access says a lot more about those people over just a few people using a script to get around the mundane tasks that Neopets puts us through.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Erik. (10-30-2023),John Cena (10-30-2023),Map (10-30-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023),sallys (10-30-2023),Styx (10-31-2023)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    He's not a former staff member, no.

I will say though, illegal or not, Neopets is genuinely the only fanbase I know of that is ok with something like this in the name of "justice" No other moderator, user, nor community ambassador for any other site, or even video game company, would be 100% ok with having someone in the backend with access to personal information just to catch a cheater or two.

Not Pokemon, not Subtera, not any site. Like, even if I didn't cheat on Neopets, as a regular player, the fact that anyone can try to justify his access says a lot more about those people over just a few people using a script to get around the mundane tasks that Neopets puts us through.
    I'm just thinking about a few instances of people leaking Pokémon stuff early and getting Nintendo ninja'd over it. Or the guy who contributed to the Nintendo gigaleak who landed in prison. Back end or server access is no joke and I really don't understand why the Neopets community just seems so chill with it.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-30-2023),Buizel (10-30-2023),I_royalty_I (10-30-2023),Nyanobyte                      (10-30-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023),sallys (10-30-2023),Synth Salazzle (10-30-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I'm just thinking about a few instances of people leaking Pokémon stuff early and getting Nintendo ninja'd over it. Or the guy who contributed to the Nintendo gigaleak who landed in prison. Back end or server access is no joke and I really don't understand why the Neopets community just seems so chill with it.
    the optimistic side of me hopes they're letting him stay so he keeps criminalizing himself and they're building a case.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (10-30-2023),Buizel (10-30-2023),Bunnii (10-30-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023),Serebii (10-30-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 22h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I'm not too surprised the thread got taken down, it seems to me like the mods are on his side; perhaps he directly helps them in some way. But this witch-hunting rule seems very selective; you could even argue the N_T outing the 60k fc botter is inciting a witch hunt.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mefu For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-30-2023),Buizel (10-30-2023),charmed (10-30-2023),DrBumfinger (12-01-2023),I_royalty_I (10-30-2023),Kisses (11-01-2023),Sakuras (11-03-2023),Synth Salazzle (10-30-2023)