Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m

It's Summertime!

It's finally summer time!
    (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere!)

So, I want to know...

What is your favourite thing to do in the summer? Are you a total beach bum? Lake lifer? How do you like to stay cool? Popsicles, ice cream, good old fashioned AC?
    Maybe you have a favourite memory from the summer time? I wanna hear about it!

I will go first!

As a kid, we would always go to the outdoor waterslide park in June at the end of the school year. We would stay all day until we were EXHAUSTED. There was this one slide that was super scary to me, it was really fast, had big drops and was in pitch black. I remember the year I turned 12, I was FINALLY brave enough to go down it by myself. So I did, and it was a blast! Once it was time to leave, we'd get a twist (chocolate and vanilla swirled) soft serve ice cream cone.

----

Edit: This thread is popping off with discussion! Please remember to follow our (you need an account to see links), especially the first two:

1)
    This section is for discussion of miscellaneous topics that do not fit into another site section. If another section (like Help, Neopets Chat, Movies/TV, Debate Zone etc.) suits your intended topic better, please post it there instead. The key word here is "discussion"- if it is not a topic that will generate meaningful discussion, it will be moved to SPAM. Posting a meme, for example, belongs in the SPAM section.

2) All posts in this section must be a minimum of 1 sentence long, and need to include an explanation of why. This is to encourage people to not only state their view on a topic, but to provide evidence/examples that support their opinions. For example: "My favourite breed of dog is dachshund, because they have such adorably silly little body shapes and are very affectionate."
    Last edited by j03; 06-30-2022 at 07:04 PM.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-30-2022),Alister (06-28-2022),Ariealle (06-28-2022),Bat (06-30-2022),Binah (06-27-2022),bluepen (07-03-2022),Buizel (06-27-2022),Cat Purrson (06-28-2022),Charmander (06-27-2022),Cinderella (07-01-2022),Clefairy (06-28-2022),Da Plushee Boree (06-28-2022),DarkSkies (06-30-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (06-27-2022),dustyc (06-27-2022),EnderTheory (06-29-2022),Erik. (06-28-2022),Ghastly (06-27-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-27-2022),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (06-28-2022),hearts (07-05-2022),Hollow (06-28-2022),howdy (08-24-2022),Ice (06-27-2022),Ismira (07-03-2022),j03 (07-06-2022),Jackalope (06-27-2022),John Cena (06-29-2022),Kibba (06-28-2022),kittyray (06-27-2022),Lyrichord (06-27-2022),macca8 (06-30-2022),Mario2302 (06-28-2022),mugi (06-27-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (06-30-2022),RicoBandito (07-15-2022),sanrio (06-27-2022),Serebii (07-01-2022),Siebenschlaefer (07-05-2022),Strat (06-27-2022),Teakwood (06-27-2022),team rocket (07-08-2022),Trash Panda (06-30-2022),Tyranitar (07-01-2022),♥ Wooloo ♥ (06-27-2022),xmilo (07-01-2022),Zapdos (06-28-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by xChoppie View Post
    I used to be addicted to Maplestory and I would wake up as early as 7am (would secretly put my laptop on my bed and I'll play under the blanket until my parents leave the house).
    I would play till I go to bed past midnight and only have 1 meal a day which is dinner because then my parents would have bought some food back for me.

I didn't have any sleepovers, but my school had these compulsory 3d2n camps whereby we had to do obstacle courses like flying fox, abseiling, those rope obstacles and getting the whole group over a tall wall.
    I really hated those because I have a phobia of heights.
    I remember standing very long at that small platform for flying fox and the instructor was asking me if I needed help and she could give me a push.
    Oh my, I wish I got into Maplestory. It looks so good! I know they have an app of it and such, but being around during those times must have been amazing!
    But I did that with my Gameboy LOL I would "go to bed" and then just be under my pillow playing Pokemon!

But when summer came, I couldnt get away with it as often due to the heat. I couldnt stay under the pillow/blankets LOL

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

xChoppie (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I loved summer as a kid and loathe it as adult. As soon as temperature goes above 25 degree (Celsius) I'm just hiding away in my room or melting at work.
    As kids we'd just run around in the woods, go for a swim in the local stream (it's pretty small but has some spots where it's deep and wide enough) and play pretend we're Pokemon trainers! And then camp in our backyards playing Pokemon on our GameBoys. Good times.

And ofc we went to the outdoor pools a lot.
    I really wanna love summer like that again but I cannot, the heatwaves have become unbearable and I get super dizzy and whatnot. Doesn't help ACs aren't really a thing in germany, either.

Reading about you all playing Maple Story, I played Flyff. But I was already about 17-18 then I think.

- - - Updated - - -

As a kid I always thought the summer camp stuff (which I only knew from TV Shows) was super cool, but the Musical part makes me a bit relieved it wasn't my thing and my mom didn't get to do that to me LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Summer is such a struggle for me. I get heat sickness so easily and sunburn in, no joke, 10 minutes. That said it's my favorite time to have a fire in the firepit and make smores which I literally did last night.
    I recently moved to a place with AC thankfully so I can just stay glued to it on the bad days but my ideal is being in a pool with friends and drinks reapplying my SPF 10000 every 5 minutes.
    I feel that so much. I'm either translucent or bright red, no in between.
    - Call me Sieben -

Might struggle with social interactions and language barriers occasionally, please bare with me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Siebenschlaefer For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-05-2022)

Chopper
    Pronouns
    she / her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Siebenschlaefer View Post
    I loved summer as a kid and loathe it as adult. As soon as temperature goes above 25 degree (Celsius) I'm just hiding away in my room or melting at work.
    As kids we'd just run around in the woods, go for a swim in the local stream (it's pretty small but has some spots where it's deep and wide enough) and play pretend we're Pokemon trainers! And then camp in our backyards playing Pokemon on our GameBoys. Good times.

And ofc we went to the outdoor pools a lot.
    I really wanna love summer like that again but I cannot, the heatwaves have become unbearable and I get super dizzy and whatnot. Doesn't help ACs aren't really a thing in germany, either.

Reading about you all playing Maple Story, I played Flyff. But I was already about 17-18 then I think.

- - - Updated - - -

As a kid I always thought the summer camp stuff (which I only knew from TV Shows) was super cool, but the Musical part makes me a bit relieved it wasn't my thing and my mom didn't get to do that to me LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I feel that so much. I'm either translucent or bright red, no in between.
    Ahhhh GameBoy! My very first GameBoy was a yellow pocket and I owned Pokemon Yellow. That was soooo long ago though.
    I used to play Flyff too but I can't rem what age was I when I played that game.

I turn into a cooked lobster after being in the sun and I get sunburnt really easily too!
    I have a "watch mark" and "slippers mark" on my wrist and feet ROFL.

I'm tone deaf, pitch deaf and beat deaf so I'm relieved we don't have any camps that involve singing or performing.
    I don't like to be in the spotlight too!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xChoppie For This Useful Post:

Siebenschlaefer (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I must admit I still play Animal Crossing Treasure Islands are like the best !
    Sitting in the afternoon sun escaping to another world with no real troubles ... bliss!

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Siebenschlaefer (07-05-2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    18d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    For summer, I spend a lot of time in a different state, surprisingly. If I’m not out of state, I’m usually on camping trips or chilling outside as much as possible. Once our summer is over, it gets super cold, so I try and soak it all up as much as possible.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    This summer I'm going to try practicing more work life balance so I can actually make time to enjoy the sunshine and my free time.
    @(you need an account to see links) - Woke up to rain today! Hopefully we took it from you so you can enjoy some sun lovin'

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    11d 8h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by xChoppie View Post
    Ahhhh GameBoy! My very first GameBoy was a yellow pocket and I owned Pokemon Yellow. That was soooo long ago though.
    I used to play Flyff too but I can't rem what age was I when I played that game.

I turn into a cooked lobster after being in the sun and I get sunburnt really easily too!
    I have a "watch mark" and "slippers mark" on my wrist and feet ROFL.

I'm tone deaf, pitch deaf and beat deaf so I'm relieved we don't have any camps that involve singing or performing.
    I don't like to be in the spotlight too!
    Oooh my first was a red Pocket and Pokemon Red! I think I got it in... 1998? Must've been around 6 or 7 so around that time.
    A long time ago indeed...

I love to wear clothes with like, strings in the back and open spots on the shoulders and whatnot (sorry I don't really know how to describe it better) and as soon as I spend time outside for longer than an hour in the sun I always get marks, too! :'D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    I must admit I still play Animal Crossing Treasure Islands are like the best !
    Sitting in the afternoon sun escaping to another world with no real troubles ... bliss!
    Ooh Animal Crossing Summer was great! I really want to get back to it but my gaming schedule is too full with other things I want to play.

I did a Tropical Island once, which was a lot of fun to explore - I'd absolutely hate the climate irl and would suffer, but exploring it in a virtual space was lots of fun.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by morecoffeepls View Post
    PICK YOUR OWN FRUITS!!! That's one of my favorite activities during the summer months.

I'm an avid canner, I LOVE making jam, jellies, etc. whenever I get fresh fruit from the local farms. So when I hear that the farms around me have fruits available for picking, I am there at the crack of dawn ready to pick the juiciest strawberries/blueberries/etc.

There is something quite cathartic about picking berries off of a vine in the summer heat. Maybe it is the sun stroke, or that I will get my moneys worth for the trip, or the incredible jam that is coming later. Either way, the amount of joy I get most weekends after a morning trip of foraging for fruits is incredible. The strawberry season recently "ended" and now I'm impatiently waiting for blueberries to begin. Last year I picked around 80 pounds worth of blueberries in the month of July. Yes, 80 pounds.

My dogs also go crazy when I come home from a berry trip. They know that means treats for them and they absolutely fight over who gets the first blueberry.
    That sounds honestly so cool!
    We used to have a lot of berry bushes - blackberry, black and red currant, gooseberries and even a gooseberrie+currant hybrid and while I absolutely loathed having to pick them as a kid (because I regarded it as a chore and chores are bleh) I loved snacking them.
    And because we didn't have a store nearby (20km drive) we oftentimes made popsicles ourself with these Tupperware DIY popsicle thingies. Usually with fruit juice or soda, and we'd put the berries and apple slices and stuff in it, too! And sometimes also gummi bears.
    - Call me Sieben -

Might struggle with social interactions and language barriers occasionally, please bare with me.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I am very pale so I burn in the sun but summer is my favorite because I feel happier, more confident, more productive. That yummy serotonin.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hearts For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (07-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    To that note, what’s everyone’s go to sunscreen?

Supergoop! Is amazing for the face, but the price point is a bit bonkers. I heard Trader Joes has a dupe for $8 so I’m just waiting for an opportunity to cross the border to get my hands on some!
    When you do laser hair removal on your face, they give you a very strong like spf 50 or 60 I heard is good. I’ll have to find the brand name.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    To that note, what’s everyone’s go to sunscreen?

Supergoop! Is amazing for the face, but the price point is a bit bonkers. I heard Trader Joes has a dupe for $8 so I’m just waiting for an opportunity to cross the border to get my hands on some!
    When you do laser hair removal on your face, they give you a very strong like spf 50 or 60 I heard is good. I’ll have to find the brand name.
    Oh I tried a friend's supergoop recently, I think I still got burned a little on my face as the skin was peeling later in the week but that's probably just a me problem

Honestly I've been seeing ads (not targeted at all <.<; ) for I think it's called like unicorn snot? And it's sunscreen with glitter and other fun pigments in it so you can live out your Twilight vampire dreams this summer LOL I have not tried it but it looks super fun xD I'm a pretty basic bitch though and just use the Neutrogena cream or spray ones from the drug store - however my friends who care about asian skin care really like the Nessa brand for face sunscreen + moisturizer (and it's got a hefty price tag too) or I think the Japanese Biore ones for cheaper/body alternative.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (07-05-2022)

Page 191 of 260 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast