Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    36d 4h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I hope they actually fix the pound to not have like 50k stuck pets and you only see 10-13 at any given time
    That'd be really neat

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mangle For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-18-2024),Hollow (01-18-2024),Parrot (01-18-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024),Styx (01-18-2024),Teakwood (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    I'm personally not understanding the issue with some of the UCs being changed to have thicker linework. The Ixi especially looks very nice to me, but truth be told, I never really liked how "light" it appeared to begin with? When all of the pets were just simple .gif images or slapped onto a white background the faerie Ixi in fact DID have thicker linework. So this change is honestly just returning it to its "original" (though not exactly) look.

It feels like people have just... nostalgia goggle'd themselves into forgetting how these pets did originally look. Unless of course they started playing after customization and conversion became a thing, in which case they were never exposed to the original art to begin with.

(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)
    (Left is the original UC Faerie Ixi, right is the after-customization Faerie Ixi)

EDIT: Bigger pictures because I'm an idiot who can't into our image attaching system.
    Totally with you on this, I actually prefer the thicker lines, I'd always thought the thinner line art made it look sort of unfinished.

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Hopefully the mechanics for the purge are simply “accounts that haven’t logged in for X years”. Then I and other can go back through and scoop everything up before it actually gets purged. Anticipating TNT messing that is too and accidentally purging active usernames and such.
    I dunno, it'd be nice to give people a chance to have names they really want instead of people just grabbing them to scalp.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-18-2024),Buizel (01-18-2024),cregganwhitehare (01-18-2024),Evelynn (01-18-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Parrot (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post

Tbh this is kinda cool, and will give people with a load of BN trading fodder UCs the chance to have their nice old art pet on a VWN pet. Idk how this isn't anything but a win
    I don't think it's very cool for people who were trading up through UCs and spent years to get their BN trading fodder, only to have it be made completely useless to trade in one move. Or people who were hoping to get to RW/RN or nice BD pets with their UC trading fodder, which now can't be traded for other pets. I can understand why they're doing it for simplicity and to try to screw as much money out of people as possible, but it's going to kill enjoyment for a lot of people who liked UC trading and knock so many people back to square one on their trade chains.

And the people yelling about how UC owners are greedy elites who just want status pets - when I see an account full of obviously loved UCs, I think about either the time and work it took people to get those pets, or how they must have been around a long time. And yes, in some cases I think they probably bought the pets.

Now when I see an account full of beautiful UC pets it will tell me this is someone who probably spent $200 minimum in the NC mall, and that's it. It's not going to be less of a status symbol, just more of a directly financial one. If they were going to change all pets, it should have been free, imo. I thought the NC UC option was for people who didn't want to trade - and giving people another option was great - but they're really showing a lack of care for the people who did trade and helped keep the site alive with their investment in their pets.

At the very least when they decided that this is the way they were going they should have been much more transparent much earlier, told us what they were doing, what the exact cost for NCUC would be and given us a good amount of time to complete trading chains etc. It's the lack of transparency, and directly telling us regular UCs wouldn't be affected and would still retain trading value that really sours this.

I do genuinely like a lot of what new TNT is doing to make pets and items accessible on the site, but literally every time they manage to handle it in a way that leaves it feeling bitter. If they could manage to be open with their playerbase and take proper feedback this would stop happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Porry View Post
    Hoping RW/RN will be devalued too if they do a purge like they mentioned (but who knows when that will happen)
    Having been through previous purges, the pets that will be most devalued by a regular purge are the mid level pets that lots of players have. The elite names people actually want will still belong to a small pool of people and the new elite names will largely be traded among them. But it does still mean more people can hopefully trade for names they really like. I hope if they purge they can do it differently to the way they've done it before so there's some kind of more random chance for people to get names and less staying up to 3am waiting for a certain name to purge and that you beat the bots to snagging it.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Bioluminescence (01-18-2024),glittery (01-18-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Ice (01-23-2024),Mangle (01-18-2024),parakeet (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    I don't think it's very cool for people who were trading up through UCs and spent years to get their BN trading fodder, only to have it be made completely useless to trade in one move. Or people who were hoping to get to RW/RN or nice BD pets with their UC trading fodder, which now can't be traded for other pets. I can understand why they're doing it for simplicity and to try to screw as much money out of people as possible, but it's going to kill enjoyment for a lot of people who liked UC trading and knock so many people back to square one on their trade chains.

And the people yelling about how UC owners are greedy elites who just want status pets - when I see an account full of obviously loved UCs, I think about either the time and work it took people to get those pets, or how they must have been around a long time. And yes, in some cases I think they probably bought the pets.

Now when I see an account full of beautiful UC pets it will tell me this is someone who probably spent $200 minimum in the NC mall, and that's it. It's not going to be less of a status symbol, just more of a directly financial one. If they were going to change all pets, it should have been free, imo. I thought the NC UC option was for people who didn't want to trade - and giving people another option was great - but they're really showing a lack of care for the people who did trade and helped keep the site alive with their investment in their pets.

At the very least when they decided that this is the way they were going they should have been much more transparent much earlier, told us what they were doing, what the exact cost for NCUC would be and given us a good amount of time to complete trading chains etc. It's the lack of transparency, and directly telling us regular UCs wouldn't be affected and would still retain trading value that really sours this.

I do genuinely like a lot of what new TNT is doing to make pets and items accessible on the site, but literally every time they manage to handle it in a way that leaves it feeling bitter. If they could manage to be open with their playerbase and take proper feedback this would stop happening.
    On reading your post and reflecting I think you make a lot of good points, andI can understand your viewpoint for sure. I suppose as I took the lazy way out for my UCs I can't really understand the impact etc, I was probably rash saying it was a win for everyone.

On the discord, TNT did make it clear that the NCUC item itself will remain tradeable - so there will still be a way to trade UCs, although it'll more become another form of NC trading. Pros and cons, I guess most who have UCs probably also buy NC but like it's been said by other's unless they make them boxless to send like the NC grams it's making it a paid feature where it was free before.

I do think that this is overall a really good thing for the site, although I wish they'd made painting the pet a prerequisite to use the token. Although again, I understand why they didn't.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    You know that phenomenon where someone is so delusional they think Porkbutt the red meerca is not only an english RW but will desperately offer it on everything? That guy isn't just part of the trading scene, he is the trading scene now.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-18-2024),Winona (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    I dunno, it'd be nice to give people a chance to have names they really want instead of people just grabbing them to scalp.
    I won’t lie, I’m going to do everything in my power to scalp as many names as I possibly can lol
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

15. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Soap (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    You know that phenomenon where someone is so delusional they think Porkbutt the red meerca is not only an english RW but will desperately offer it on everything? That guy isn't just part of the trading scene, he is the trading scene now.
    Idk what you're saying, I'd trade a million VWN T10 UCs for Porkbutt

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    43d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post

I get your point. Although to a degree I think the point here is that they feel one probably shouldn't have to go through the challenges and the rigour of having to trade up to an elite UC, when most people are buying theirs on the black market anyway. And those people are buying them for hundreds of dollars, so why not sell them cheap and let the company make money, instead of hackers.

What I do completely agree with you on, is it still should have been optional. If not for the technicalities, then for those who took pride in their legally gotten UCs, and those who love the trading aspect of it all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-18-2024)