DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I feel unfulfilled. Could have used more.

At least Ghost finally got the pets he deserved.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 19h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Feels so strange now that its over.

Shame about the writing of season 7 & 8, but I still enjoyed it all.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
    I feel unfulfilled. Could have used more.

At least Ghost finally got the pets he deserved.
    SAME. FINALLY SOME JUSTICE FOR GHOST!

I agree with the writing and I'm glad someone else can accept it for what it is and still enjoy what they had to offer. I know a ton of people who are angry and refuses to try and enjoy what we got. It's rather unfortunate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wubbalubbadubdub For This Useful Post:

honeybadger (05-20-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    I just feel dissatisfied.
    Arya: didn't close green eyes of any importance, but more critical to me was just a boring rando "go explore the world" end to a badass character. I know she mentioned it before, but what was the point of all the Faceless Men stuff if it never amounted to anything? Anyone else think she looked like "Ping" from Mulan?
    Sansa: Hate her. Firstly, that she was able to leave the kingdoms without anyone objecting and secondly, that in the end she got what her season 1 vapid self wanted: to be queen. Yes, she matured a bit, but she doesn't deserve a throne.
    Bran: This one was the worst. Whilst I understand Tyrion's reasoning, it was still shit. He's such a smug little asshat. "Why else would I have come?" Like, c'mon dude, you just sat around being all psychic and satisfied because you knew that everything would be handed to you without any actual effort. Thanks, oh magic, mystical Three Eyed Raven. Couldn't have done it without you. Even at his meeting, he's like, peace, I'm gonna go warg to some shit, you guys to the real work. I have to add, "Bran the Broken" is a super shit regnal name.
    Jon: Most satisfied with this one, all things considered. He did the right thing. Now he'll be King-Beyond-The-Wall. Instantly ditched the Night's Watch. Idk why the Night's Watch would still exist now though, with no threat and peace from the Free-Folk. Also, once the Unsullied left port, what would stop Bran and the others being like, lol jk Jon stays? I doubt Grey Worm would ever be returning.

Like none of the prophecies came to shit. As an atheist, I can appreciate that, but I do think that spending so much time on lore for it to come to nothing is a cop-out.
    The Dothraki just kinda disappeared? Why did Brienne abandon her oath to Sansa? Guh! So many questions and holes that just didn't make sense. It wasn't like some things, where you'll never know all the minutae, but it's satisfying anyway. They just shat on what had been established and known, which is a fuck you to the audience. Fuck them.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-20-2019),jasokes (05-20-2019),pinkpain (05-20-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    48 times
    Time Online
    12d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I just feel dissatisfied.
    Arya: didn't close green eyes of any importance, but more critical to me was just a boring rando "go explore the world" end to a badass character. I know she mentioned it before, but what was the point of all the Faceless Men stuff if it never amounted to anything? Anyone else think she looked like "Ping" from Mulan?
    Sansa: Hate her. Firstly, that she was able to leave the kingdoms without anyone objecting and secondly, that in the end she got what her season 1 vapid self wanted: to be queen. Yes, she matured a bit, but she doesn't deserve a throne.
    Bran: This one was the worst. Whilst I understand Tyrion's reasoning, it was still shit. He's such a smug little asshat. "Why else would I have come?" Like, c'mon dude, you just sat around being all psychic and satisfied because you knew that everything would be handed to you without any actual effort. Thanks, oh magic, mystical Three Eyed Raven. Couldn't have done it without you. Even at his meeting, he's like, peace, I'm gonna go warg to some shit, you guys to the real work. I have to add, "Bran the Broken" is a super shit regnal name.
    Jon: Most satisfied with this one, all things considered. He did the right thing. Now he'll be King-Beyond-The-Wall. Instantly ditched the Night's Watch. Idk why the Night's Watch would still exist now though, with no threat and peace from the Free-Folk. Also, once the Unsullied left port, what would stop Bran and the others being like, lol jk Jon stays? I doubt Grey Worm would ever be returning.

Like none of the prophecies came to shit. As an atheist, I can appreciate that, but I do think that spending so much time on lore for it to come to nothing is a cop-out.
    The Dothraki just kinda disappeared? Why did Brienne abandon her oath to Sansa? Guh! So many questions and holes that just didn't make sense. It wasn't like some things, where you'll never know all the minutae, but it's satisfying anyway. They just shat on what had been established and known, which is a fuck you to the audience. Fuck them.
    My biggest gripe is the fact that Greyworm and Jon never threw down. There's no way Greyworm would've been satisfied with anything less than Jon's head on a pike after what he did. Greyworm should have requested Trial by Combat when Bran sentenced him to the Wall. I can't fathom how he would just accept Jon going back to the Wall, which let's be real, isn't even that far away from Winterfell.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wubbalubbadubdub For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-20-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    9d 10h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    For all of GoT's supposed "realism", I'm pretty stumped as to why Drogon didn't fry and/or chomp Jon in half the second he realized his momma was dead. Targaryen blood or not, Drogon owed him nothing. Guess Jon borrowed some of Arya's extensive plot armor last night.
    If all else fails, use fire.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jasokes For This Useful Post:

DJ Music Man (05-20-2019),pinkpain (05-20-2019)

Pronouns
    it
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    79/1
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    16d 12h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Not the best ending really now was it
    King bran - Big let down there. I don't like how smug hes been since becoming the 3 eyed raven
    Sansa - I was half expecting her to just kill bran so she could have the throne. But she rules the North instead now.. So whatever
    Arya - whaaat? Young lady should of settled down with gendry now the war is over
    Jon - I did like his ending. Back where he belongs
    Tyrion - glad he's still alive. Was hoping he would be the one that killed dany, but he did somewhat convince jon to do that instead
    Drogon - where did he go with the body?? Would of been nice to see him go to jon or greyworm rather than just disappear

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    @(you need an account to see links), you literally put every one of my thoughts about this whole episode. I was very disappointed. Jon was the heir to the throne the entire time and killing Dany or not, he had reasons and should have taken the throne immediately. WHY no one pointed this out is a mystery to me. Why there was even a decision to make is a mystery to me. The starks would have gotten all that shit anyway. What a waste, sending him to the wall to defend nothing, I wish I knew where he was going though.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    @(you need an account to see links) summed it up pretty well for me too! Literally, all the things I was thinking, down to Bran the Broken being a shit title for a king lol. AND SERIOUSLY the whole... "oh, I'll find Drogon, you guys do the rest" was super annoying. Like wtf are they even gonna do with Drogon once they find him?

Also to add on to that though... I was half expecting Drogon to bow down to Jon after Dany was dead and let him ride on his back or something, seeing as how he also had Targaryen blood and they're dragon riders and shit. Either that, or burn him to a crisp. When neither happened and he just scooped up Dany's body and flew into the foggy horizon, I was like... UMM, okay then??

ALSO... why was Jon imprisoned? He killed Dany, so I feel like by the laws of succession, the Dothraki army should've taken him as their new ruler. Isn't that how it works? Also, same with the Unsullied, although I guess that's sort of up in the air since Dany bought their freedom or whatever. But still, it was super off to me that he kills the Queen, and all the sudden he's a prisoner. Jaime also killed a mad Targaryen king & he wasn't imprisoned... I felt like he should've become ruler, especially considering his lineage which like... literally everyone ignored in the end. Wasn't the whole point for him to become king? And sending him to become Night's Watch.... WHY is there even still a Night's Watch at all? They're at peace with the Wildlings now and there's no Wights to fight with... wtf are they defending? I'm glad he at least got to piss off to become a wildling. Too bad Igrit's dead

Also also, super annoyed that Arya's whole... side plot with the many faces shit never amounted to anything. There were so many opportunities where she could've used it to murder some people who deserved murdering, and she just never did anything with it. Could've put on Jaime's face to murder Cersei, or Jon's face to murder Dany, but she did nothing. The one person she did murder, she just did it with a sharp knife, AND it wasn't even Needle. OKAY COOL, all that black magic assassin training really came in handy.

Also, nothing cool came of Bran's warging ability. ALSO... no closure on any of that Lord of the Light shit. The last cool thing that happened was he set some sickle things on fire... which did nothing for the battle, and that was it. SWEET.

All in all though... I'm okay with the ending. I feel like everything was wrapped up decently enough, even though it was real sloppy getting there lol. Kinda meh about all the Stark children basically getting "happily ever afters" but whatevs.
    Last edited by Dasvidaniya; 05-20-2019 at 08:39 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    287d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Absolutely terrible final series. At the beginning I wasn't convinced, everyone else was slating the episodes and I was defending them. I was convinced they were going to save it with the final two episodes but just feel majorly let down.

So many unanswered questions, so many plot lines that never materialised and so much wasted back story.

It felt like a completely different show to the one we'd all been waiting for to return.

The Night King being defeated so easily after him being built up for so many years?
    Cersei's death being so poorly handled; the character we'd all grown to love to hate getting an easy way out?
    Dany's death scene wasn't even shocking or entertaining, why didn't we see when people found out what had happened?
    Arya just fucking off to go on a gap year?
    The rightful Heir to the throne being shipped off to the north pole....to man the watch against....fuck all?
    And the most boring little shit becoming king?