Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sari View Post
    omfg for real
    DELT WITH FAT, DON'T WANT A KID YET. give me 4 years on that one, cause no kids till 29 at least.

i am strict on that one. even though if i happen to get pregnant before that i will cave. but BC, ALL THE WAY.

i apologizefor caps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chiro For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-04-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If I hadn't have gotten my tubes tied I would be getting the copper IUD, ParaGard. It's non hormonal and lasts for ten years. I don't think I'd consider any other birth control because everything has side effects.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

My friend removed her IUD herself and become pregnant weeks later, mind you they were trying. XD

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan View Post
    If I hadn't have gotten my tubes tied I would be getting the copper IUD, ParaGard. It's non hormonal and lasts for ten years. I don't think I'd consider any other birth control because everything has side effects.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

My friend removed her IUD herself and become pregnant weeks later, mind you they were trying. XD
    Exactly! I'm sick of all the hormones so this is perfect for me. I also want kids in the future so a non - permanent solution such as this is pretty much prefect for my needs.

And haha congrats to your friend! I've heard similar stories xD

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I get cysts so I'm hesitant to do IUD because of dat pain.

If you do decide to try the pill route, I do Microgestin Fe 1/20. Never gained any weight on them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aska For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-05-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Just wanted to update this a little

I'm off of depo now...experiencing the side effects of stopping. Bloating, nausea, headaches, pretty much EVERY symptom that the other people on the Internet have said they had and then some. The side effects are going away slowly but surely.

I'm scheduled to get the ParaGard on the 28th of this month. Yay! Things seem to be looking a hell of a lot better for my health overall.

Will update again after I get ParaGard put in or if anything significant happens.

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Right xD and you're supposed to do it yourself every month >__>
    I 'unno I'm gonna see what the better options are

Omg what NO! Was reading through this thread and just wanted to put in my input on this,
    I was on implanon for I think around 10ish months. You don't have to do anything once they insert it, and the insertion isn't too bad, they numb up your entire arm, and then shoot it in there. You don't feel any pain, but since I'm a total wuss when it comes to shots, I passed out when they made me TOUCH IT IN MY ARM RIGHT AFTER THEY PUT IT IN LIKE WTF. I think it was their procedure, just to let the person know that it's alright and you should be able to feel it in your arm. But I uh, yeah, I wasn't ready for that.

Basically it just feels like a qtip under your skin, without the fluff balls. There was a bit of bruising and soreness that probably lasted 3 days max, and the hole they inserted in was really tiny. After a while you get used to it being there, you can definitely feel it when you run your hand down the inside of your bicep, and it's fun to make people freak out when you show them and have them touch it, ahha.

The success rate is amazing, and it definitely boosted my confidence a ton. You don't have to worry about taking a pill every day, or doing ANYTHING for 3 years. I didn't have any sort of acne/weight gain, but what eventually caused me to have it taken out was the spotting. The first bit of months weren't bad, I'd have occasional spotting like usual when getting used to birth control, and lighter periods, but by the end of it I was spotting DAILY for 3 months straight. I could not handle it anymore, since my body could not deal with that kind of method. A friend of mine also had the same problems, constant spotting, removed early. However, another friend of mine who recommended it to me has had it for over 2 years, and her period completely went away. So it's pretty hit or miss, but reading reviews, spotting happens to a lot of people.

Getting it removed was easy as well, as they go over your previous scar and make the tiniest hole possible to take it out. I can take a picture of the scar on my arm if anyone wants to see what it'd be like

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyre For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    Omg what NO! Was reading through this thread and just wanted to put in my input on this,
    I was on implanon for I think around 10ish months. You don't have to do anything once they insert it, and the insertion isn't too bad, they numb up your entire arm, and then shoot it in there. You don't feel any pain, but since I'm a total wuss when it comes to shots, I passed out when they made me TOUCH IT IN MY ARM RIGHT AFTER THEY PUT IT IN LIKE WTF. I think it was their procedure, just to let the person know that it's alright and you should be able to feel it in your arm. But I uh, yeah, I wasn't ready for that.

Basically it just feels like a qtip under your skin, without the fluff balls. There was a bit of bruising and soreness that probably lasted 3 days max, and the hole they inserted in was really tiny. After a while you get used to it being there, you can definitely feel it when you run your hand down the inside of your bicep, and it's fun to make people freak out when you show them and have them touch it, ahha.

The success rate is amazing, and it definitely boosted my confidence a ton. You don't have to worry about taking a pill every day, or doing ANYTHING for 3 years. I didn't have any sort of acne/weight gain, but what eventually caused me to have it taken out was the spotting. The first bit of months weren't bad, I'd have occasional spotting like usual when getting used to birth control, and lighter periods, but by the end of it I was spotting DAILY for 3 months straight. I could not handle it anymore, since my body could not deal with that kind of method. A friend of mine also had the same problems, constant spotting, removed early. However, another friend of mine who recommended it to me has had it for over 2 years, and her period completely went away. So it's pretty hit or miss, but reading reviews, spotting happens to a lot of people.

Getting it removed was easy as well, as they go over your previous scar and make the tiniest hole possible to take it out. I can take a picture of the scar on my arm if anyone wants to see what it'd be like
    Oh no we were talking about NuvaRing! Implanon was my second choice after ParaGard but I don't want the hormones.

Queso Bandito

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    21d 7h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Oh no we were talking about NuvaRing! Implanon was my second choice after ParaGard but I don't want the hormones.
    Oh phew okay!

Currently I'm on the pill, after having my implanon removed, and am looking into IUDs, since my current pill is well... giving me uh...super achy boobs. And veiny! HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM with this I feel like I'm alone in this one but it's literally taken down my glorious boob confidence so much. It's not noticeable all the time, but I never used to see this previously. ):

I have no idea what to do, since my body obviously does not do well with hormones, but the copper IUD seems more painful. I was looking into Skyla, because it's apparently made for women who haven't gone through childbirth and have smaller lady parts. Has anyone had experiences with IUDs?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre View Post
    Oh phew okay!

Currently I'm on the pill, after having my implanon removed, and am looking into IUDs, since my current pill is well... giving me uh...super achy boobs. And veiny! HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM with this I feel like I'm alone in this one but it's literally taken down my glorious boob confidence so much. It's not noticeable all the time, but I never used to see this previously. ):

I have no idea what to do, since my body obviously does not do well with hormones, but the copper IUD seems more painful. I was looking into Skyla, because it's apparently made for women who haven't gone through childbirth and have smaller lady parts. Has anyone had experiences with IUDs?
    Unfortunately I've only had the shot so maybe someone else can be of better help D:

But I will be posting about paragard when I get it in case you wanna know about the pain etc.

Queso Bandito

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:

Pyre (10-11-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    6d 8h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I am on the Depo Shot right now as well and I have an appointment this coming week to get it changed. I just feel like I am also gaining a bit more weight that an I wanted to. I was at 106 which scared me so I started eating a lot more and now I shot up to an incredible 115 (this was over about 2-3 weeks). I know that a lot of people experience weight gain with the Depo Shot and the only real way to stop gaining the weight is to get put on something else, which sounds like what you did!

I am currently nursing so my options for birth control are very limited so that it doesn't effect my 8 month old daughter.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to youronetemptation For This Useful Post:

Cheese (10-11-2014)