6/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    30d 23h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    My 2 cents.

I think the auto conversion of existing UCs is absolutely the right move for Neopets.

Reduces complication for future initiatives (e.g. how UC pets havent been able to participate in some plots)
    Reduces load on support (no more reversal chains for UCs, less hacked or stolen accounts, less 'opps I accidentally morphed, zapped, etc my UC'
    Streamlines things on the backend, all pets are the same and converted, no running 2 types of pets
    Shuts down a huge part of the black market (no one will be selling $200 UC PRDK pets anymore), yes the tokens may be sold on black market and obv RN/RW, but with mentions of a possible purge moving RW/RN will get much harder
    No more replicas to manage
    Brings all the pet art up to date and future proof
    Allows for exciting new possibilities like alternate versions of colours (like GC)
    Brings a fairness to the game, everyone has equal chance to get the type of pet they want, no longer matters if your a new or old player
    Provides steady income to TNT, instead of the black market sellers
    Allows for more flexibility, bored of your pets name or design, make a new one or trade and move the skin to them or go converted for a while
    Exciting new pet styles available for people like preconversion pirates or unreleased pets

It was stated ages ago you wouldnt need the pb colour to use the NC UC option, so not sure why people are mad about it now. This is a good thing, with pbs prices crashing and not needed for NC UC, prices should stay low and allow you to play around with pets instead of not being able to make changes due to cost
    My assumption is if you make your red draik a NC Faerie Draik, when you take off the token, you have a red draik again, like labray petpets. So you cant 'buy' painted pets like people are saying.
    NC UCs were always going to cost money, again not sure why people suddenly angry. It doesnt mean neo is p2w, you dont need a UC skin to win. Plus the site needs money. Support them dont get mad.
    Trading isnt dead. Trade for names you like on PC. Trade for skins on NC. Put them together. Happy days. (Id be absolutely shocked ifnthe NC skin goes with the pet, that breaks all existing NC trading rules.)
    Yes having to get boxes to move skins to sides is annoying. But the box system for sides has always been annoying. Hopefully neopass or the NC TP will one day fix this.
    Is this such a bad thing for those that have traded up to BN? They get a free token and can make a wn pet to pop it on.
    Tbh we knew this change was coming for literally years. The auto conversion of UCs was always a possibility. If you didnt trade off your bn, or seek out rn/rw, then... sorry but neo is a game of chance and strategy. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont.
    Weve also known for ages the line art would be updated. Not sure why people are acting so surprised about it. I think it looks good and not in anyway comparable to the changes we faced at conversion.
    In reality we never should have had unconverted pets. It was a bad decision back then and this is the correction that was always needed.
    Im really glad to see TNT doing the best thing for the site, not the popular thing.
    We have also received so much more communication then ever before.
    We have a plot on the way (underway), a likely purge (I hope they are ruthless), and finally UC pets are back? What more could we ask for. I wish people were more happy about this news. I accept everyone's feelings are valid, but I hope people feel better or change their minds when this goes live.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Taffycat For This Useful Post:

aeroria (01-18-2024),Buizel (01-19-2024),distanthunder (01-19-2024),Greenleaf (01-20-2024),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-19-2024),heathen (01-20-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (01-18-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Maki (01-18-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-18-2024),Parrot (01-19-2024),Pidgey (01-18-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),rina (01-19-2024),Sakuras (01-19-2024),♥ Sneasel ♥ (01-19-2024),Styx (01-18-2024),Unown (01-19-2024),Vis (01-22-2024),Winona (01-19-2024),Zorua (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    101 times
    Time Online
    73d 13h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    We have a plot on the way (underway), a likely purge (I hope they are ruthless), and finally UC pets are back? What more could we ask for. I wish people were more happy about this news. I accept everyone's feelings are valid, but I hope people feel better or change their minds when this goes live.
    -

^ The BD. For the last decade all I have ever asked for is for them to implement an HP increasing system back into the BD. That would make me very happy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeongyeon For This Useful Post:

cregganwhitehare (01-18-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by aymo View Post
    Converted into an NC UC? Or a normal pet? I am a bit confused.
    All current UCs will be converted into the converted version of what they are. So an UC faerie ixi will be turned into a converted faerie ixi.

You will then be given a NC item that makes your pet look unconverted. It won't be a permanent change to your pet, you can put it on and off like an outfit.

Effectively, UCs will cease to exist entirely. No one will own UCs anymore, we'll only have converted pets and skins so that our pets can wear the old art. There will be no way of trading pets as UCs anymore, but you will be able to trade the UC appearance tokens.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Buizel (01-18-2024),Delibird (01-19-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),Minerva (01-18-2024),Zapdos (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    It's just after 7PM NST.. the Neopian Pound has not closed. All functions are still available.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-19-2024),Zapdos (01-18-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel View Post
    TNT fallie responded to a question about the social media give away of Faerie Stylish Kit on Discord:
    Q: The recent giveaway on social media was really confusing then, since it says Faerie Styling Kit?
    A: That's fair, that just means we're giving away Faerie tokens that winners decide the species of.

So my understanding is, it is both color and species combo, the Pet have to be the right species but the color can be whatever.
    So you will get a Faerie Grarrl Stylish Supply and can put it on a Grarrl of any color.
    I don't know, it is very vague all.
    Omg it literally took me you explaining to finally understand how it's going to work.

As for the trophies, do we think it's for all pets older than the first conversion? It happened on 04/26/07, so as of today all pets older than 6112 days!
    That's... good? IDK I low key like that if you have an older VWN pet and a BN UC you kind of get to combine the two! And the BN UC will still have some worth cause I bet people will still value old pets since color will matter even less now.

Can you imagine the uproar if they got rid of unique pet names next, like Subeta?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    50d 10h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    All current UCs will be converted into the converted version of what they are. So an UC faerie ixi will be turned into a converted faerie ixi.

You will then be given a NC item that makes your pet look unconverted. It won't be a permanent change to your pet, you can put it on and off like an outfit.

Effectively, UCs will cease to exist entirely. No one will own UCs anymore, we'll only have converted pets and skins so that our pets can wear the old art. There will be no way of trading pets as UCs anymore, but you will be able to trade the UC appearance tokens.
    This is what bothers me. I thought users made it quite clear we didn't want actual UCs to be affected and now they just basically nerfed all of them and UC trading is dead.

What's the point of having anything on this site if they are just going to re-release effectively everything?

☆ avatar & sig art by DankRUSE ☆

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minerva For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-18-2024),♥ pppp3 ♥ (01-19-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    This is what bothers me. I thought users made it quite clear we didn't want actual UCs to be affected and now they just basically nerfed all of them and UC trading is dead.

What's the point of having anything on this site if they are just going to re-release effectively everything?
    Well the point is they can make a lot of money off their NC mall. Everything you like about this site can be used as fuel for the big money oven. That's not surprising or anything.

What's actually surprising is how many people praise or defend gutting UCs as a concept. They are so bitter over UC trading that they don't understand pet trading is going to get a lot worse when the pet you want is 1 of 1 vs. several dozen existing on the site.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

Delibird (01-19-2024),I_royalty_I (01-18-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffycat View Post
    My 2 cents.

I think the auto conversion of existing UCs is absolutely the right move for Neopets.

Reduces complication for future initiatives (e.g. how UC pets havent been able to participate in some plots)
    Reduces load on support (no more reversal chains for UCs, less hacked or stolen accounts, less 'opps I accidentally morphed, zapped, etc my UC'
    Streamlines things on the backend, all pets are the same and converted, no running 2 types of pets
    Shuts down a huge part of the black market (no one will be selling $200 UC PRDK pets anymore), yes the tokens may be sold on black market and obv RN/RW, but with mentions of a possible purge moving RW/RN will get much harder
    No more replicas to manage
    Brings all the pet art up to date and future proof
    Allows for exciting new possibilities like alternate versions of colours (like GC)
    Brings a fairness to the game, everyone has equal chance to get the type of pet they want, no longer matters if your a new or old player
    Provides steady income to TNT, instead of the black market sellers
    Allows for more flexibility, bored of your pets name or design, make a new one or trade and move the skin to them or go converted for a while
    Exciting new pet styles available for people like preconversion pirates or unreleased pets

It was stated ages ago you wouldnt need the pb colour to use the NC UC option, so not sure why people are mad about it now. This is a good thing, with pbs prices crashing and not needed for NC UC, prices should stay low and allow you to play around with pets instead of not being able to make changes due to cost
    My assumption is if you make your red draik a NC Faerie Draik, when you take off the token, you have a red draik again, like labray petpets. So you cant 'buy' painted pets like people are saying.
    NC UCs were always going to cost money, again not sure why people suddenly angry. It doesnt mean neo is p2w, you dont need a UC skin to win. Plus the site needs money. Support them dont get mad.
    Trading isnt dead. Trade for names you like on PC. Trade for skins on NC. Put them together. Happy days. (Id be absolutely shocked ifnthe NC skin goes with the pet, that breaks all existing NC trading rules.)
    Yes having to get boxes to move skins to sides is annoying. But the box system for sides has always been annoying. Hopefully neopass or the NC TP will one day fix this.
    Is this such a bad thing for those that have traded up to BN? They get a free token and can make a wn pet to pop it on.
    Tbh we knew this change was coming for literally years. The auto conversion of UCs was always a possibility. If you didnt trade off your bn, or seek out rn/rw, then... sorry but neo is a game of chance and strategy. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont.
    Weve also known for ages the line art would be updated. Not sure why people are acting so surprised about it. I think it looks good and not in anyway comparable to the changes we faced at conversion.
    In reality we never should have had unconverted pets. It was a bad decision back then and this is the correction that was always needed.
    Im really glad to see TNT doing the best thing for the site, not the popular thing.
    We have also received so much more communication then ever before.
    I think it’s silly for the main argument a lot of people make is - “now it’s fair for everyone”
    Why does it need to be fair for everyone? Everyone had the option to put in the work to trade up to nice UC pets. Or grind for NPs and train a nice BD pet to trade for the UC pet you want. This is just another avenue of them taking away top tier goals that people were working towards. What the point of the game anymore? Almost seems like a dress up game. No need for paint brushes, item values have dropped out to nothing, the BD doesn’t work, we don’t get any plots that are worth more than a few clicks and a minute of our time. There’s no drive or really purpose to play the game, earn things, and have goals anymore.

Now, it’ll just be farming the UC tokens and selling those rather than the UCs themselves. Sounds less profitable but I guess we will see once the tokens are released. In the meantime, RW/RN pet prices should jump up since that’s really the only thing worth anything now. It won’t be harder to move or secure them either. Stuck with the option of people not stalking them so they can go into circulation, or report them and get them frozen to for the rest of time.

Trading IS dead. I don’t know how else people can see it. Sure it sounds nice to go ahead and hop on the boards and trade for those RN/RW pets you might want… but what are you going to trade for them? Some janky pet that has a NC token on it? Another RW/RN pet that most people likely don’t have? There was never much of a point to trade converteds unless they had nice names. Now that every pet is “converted” and any pet can be an UC pet, there are no values to the pets. When everybody can have them, they hold no value. It’s a supply and demand thing.

I also find it contradictory when you say now things are fair for all new and old players.. yet if people didn’t see the writing on the wall and trade their UCs for RW/RN pets then too bad so sad - it’s a game and sometimes you get lucky? I don’t know if you can have it both ways like that.

They’ve been saying a plot was on the way forever now. Will that plot be anything worthwhile or another click her, click there and everyone gets the max prize, Whoo! Otherwise people whine and complain that it’s not fair they didn’t get the top prize and somebody else did, boohoo. The purge couldn’t even be completed successfully the last time. They messed up and gave up. Pets were in line to be purged, and then they were not, and were freely accessible. I don’t anticipate them doing a better job this time around. Also don’t plan on letting any RW/RN that are accessible stay inactive anymore now that I know. Lastly, UCs aren’t really back, they were never gone. We are just getting new artwork and old pets that survived this long got the shaft.

Im fine with people being happy about this change, but I don’t think it’s going to be as amazing as some people hope. Not sure who provided the feedback here and told them this was a good idea and the right way to go about it, but they definitely did not ask the community at large. I’d rather them just tell us: our developers don’t know wtf they are doing, they can’t get this to work any other way, this is what we came up with. The positive spin on it and the pathetic “compensation” of a trophy for ALL pets is what’s wrong with the game now. I guess that’s what we get with the participation trophy era though.

It’ll be interesting to see how all of this shakes out, sure. I hope they make some money and are able to do something to fix all the broken parts of the site because otherwise they are riding a sinking ship imo.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-19-2024),Bliss (01-19-2024),Buizel (01-19-2024),Delibird (01-19-2024),Ice (01-23-2024),Minerva (01-19-2024),♥ pppp3 ♥ (01-19-2024),Ridley (01-18-2024),Zapdos (01-19-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I wonder what the hold-up is behind the pound downtime?

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    It's not the first time TNT has been late to their own scheduled downtime lol

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-19-2024),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-19-2024),♥ Pam ♥ (01-19-2024),Pringle (01-21-2024),Styx (01-19-2024),Zapdos (01-19-2024)