Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your must watch spooky movies for Halloween/October?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    17d 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Currently watching The Conjuring 2. Not bad...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Swedish Fish For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (10-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    For me, the original The Exorcist is probably still one of the scariest movies in my mind. I'm not sure if it's just due to the age that I watched it. Comically, Leprechaun is one that I don't watch even though it's a terrible movie but saw it when I was young and was terrified by the film. But I think The Exorcist just has a bit of psychological play that screws with your head more than a lot of the similar demon flicks in the genre.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Byte For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (10-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 20h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post
    Ok ridiculous campy movies are my all time favorite. I love anything that's B and cheesy xD

All fantastic choices! Especially The Thing, that's another one that resonates with me from childhood. And out of the slashers, I always thought Freddy was the scariest, despite how cheesy and over the top he is. Because you cant sleep. Sure, I've always had insomnia and gotten little sleep, but I still have to fall asleep some time!
    same, b movies are the best! i also just love cheap sequels to popular, quality horrors.

yeah that was the magic of freddy, you just can't escape. i'm also really into the 80s installments of the elm street series because of the soundtracks and fashion, they're fantastic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cure For This Useful Post:

Goddammit (10-30-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    Tucker and Dale vs evil is absolutely hilarious!

I'm not really into "true" horror movies, but if you're into B movies there's one I recommend for being both disgusted and horrified - Father's Day

It's a Troma film (if you're not familiar with B movies, Troma films are famous for being over the top, violent, horrific, sexual or ...well basically anything you wouldn't see in a AAA movie), that said, basically all Troma movies are fun for Halloween!
    I LOVE TROMA! I met Lloyd Kaufman at a horror con a few years ago. Dude is solid af. He signed and took pictures for free when everyone else (except Sig Haig, his prices are always low) charged you an arm and a leg. I haven't watched Father's Day since it came out, so I think I'll make that a point to watch tonight.

Currently watching The Conjuring 2. Not bad...
    I love anything to do with Ed and Lorraine Warren and refuse to believe anything saying they were hacks

For me, the original The Exorcist is probably still one of the scariest movies in my mind. I'm not sure if it's just due to the age that I watched it. Comically, Leprechaun is one that I don't watch even though it's a terrible movie but saw it when I was young and was terrified by the film. But I think The Exorcist just has a bit of psychological play that screws with your head more than a lot of the similar demon flicks in the genre.
    Exorcist never really fucked me up, strangely enough? I saw it young too and I was afraid of EVERYTHING but Child's Play fucked me up more. Also, met Linda Blair at a horror con last year. She's cool af but she refuses to say "Your mother sucks cock in hell" lol. She's doing rescue work or something with pittbulls that she gave me information on.

same, b movies are the best! i also just love cheap sequels to popular, quality horrors.

yeah that was the magic of freddy, you just can't escape. i'm also really into the 80s installments of the elm street series because of the soundtracks and fashion, they're fantastic
    One of my favorite B movie series I wouldn't say starts out as B movie cos the first one isn't super campy or low budget, but the following movies afterwards steadily decline in that sense. But man oh man do I love the Wrong Turn series.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Goddammit For This Useful Post:

RealisticError (10-30-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Exorcist never really fucked me up, strangely enough? I saw it young too and I was afraid of EVERYTHING but Child's Play fucked me up more. Also, met Linda Blair at a horror con last year. She's cool af but she refuses to say "Your mother sucks cock in hell" lol. She's doing rescue work or something with pittbulls that she gave me information on.
    Child's Play was pretty dope too. My sister had a few of those oversized or like child sized dolls over the years and man, just the silhouette would freak me out if I wasn't thinking about her having them. Definitely a couple nights of spooks seeing those things out of the corner of my eye walking down the hall to go to bed.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
    Child's Play was pretty dope too. My sister had a few of those oversized or like child sized dolls over the years and man, just the silhouette would freak me out if I wasn't thinking about her having them. Definitely a couple nights of spooks seeing those things out of the corner of my eye walking down the hall to go to bed.
    So the first time I watched Child's Play was when I was staying the night at my best friends house. We were super young, like I 'could barely read' young and our moms were going out to the bar so her step sister was watching us. I asked her step sister what the FBI WARNING said because I couldn't read it all and she told me that it said it was based on a true story and was recommended that you do not watch it if you were under 18, faint of heart or pregnant. So I watched that entire movie, even after everyone else had long fallen asleep.

The next day when I went home, I was asking my older sister about it (shes ten years older and always been a huge horror fan) and without missing a beat she said, yeah it's true. And then she convinced me that she had encountered Chucky once and ended up trapping him in this old ass wardrobe that was in the back of our bedroom closet that we never opened.

I believed that shit for YEARS.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Haha, that is so terrible and great at the same time. I am the oldest so I never had anyone play tricks on me like that. Kind of wish I had some of those experiences.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit View Post
    Haha, that is so terrible and great at the same time. I am the oldest so I never had anyone play tricks on me like that. Kind of wish I had some of those experiences.
    I have way too many stories like that.

To this day, whenever I'm at my moms, I still refuse to go into that closet for whatever reason and I wont go down in her basement at night either and I'm 30 years old lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    22d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Haha, I'm 30 and I still have that feeling that something is chasing me everytime I come out of a basement. I hate it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I LOVE TROMA! I met Lloyd Kaufman at a horror con a few years ago. Dude is solid af. He signed and took pictures for free when everyone else (except Sig Haig, his prices are always low) charged you an arm and a leg. I haven't watched Father's Day since it came out, so I think I'll make that a point to watch tonight.
    I'm so jealous of you! I've heard he's a really friendly guy, it's nice to get confirmation of that I would love to meet him! ._.