DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Aside from the normal "omg my item fix!" and "yay you guys are cool!" two good questions answered:

Where is the roadmap of shit you promised us? (Not happening, we are overwhelmed.)

Where is the faerie festival you promised us big things about? (Planned but not happening. We are over worked.)

Okay, cool, thanks I guess. I'm assuming they have like, at best, one freelance programmer on staff who is working for less than industry standard.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (10-07-2022),Erik. (10-08-2022),fool (10-07-2022),Zenitsu (10-07-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Rip Faerie event and cookies sale

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

chii3d (10-07-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I guess it's just easier to post questions/requests they can actually do something about rather than answer all the ones they get about the state of the site :|

It's not like the people who asked about the faerie fest or the state of the site want instant results or a rollback, they just want to know what the fuck is going on? Maybe it's a NDA thing but it's not like they can't be a little more prompt with saying "ah fuck guys ok i dont think we can do the nc uc faerie thing lmfao"

At least they were transparent about CC being cancelled though?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

chii3d (10-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21d 16h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by peachling View Post
    I don't know why the editorial team INSISTS on answering these all the time. Like, do we really need to see "yes we will change that item name" or "yes we will rezone that wearable" every week? Just forward it to whoever's responsible lmao
    Without these tho theres literally no positive news
    Including wearable fixes makes it look like "hey dw we're good at fixing stuff :^)))"

+

Its so sad that NC events are all that happen, but I fully understand why they're prioritizing security 100% right now. I think a lot of us know what its like to work a job where theres just not enough staff to do everything that needs to get done. If only JS would realize there's never going to be an app that turns a profit and just put the app staff and/or money into neopets.COM !

back on neopets god save us all

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fool For This Useful Post:

chii3d (10-07-2022),peachling (10-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    i'm really disappointed with this editorial, i do believe something might be being done for the website security, but there's no way for us to check if it's actually being done, considering tnt in the past i'm afraid it's just something they are telling to keep us quiet, but i really try to remain hopeful even after all that has been happening in neo

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    953 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m

classic editorial.

I do love how the faerie festival question was absolutely no frills bullshit, none of that stupid cookie offering or pandering fluff. But talk about a ball dropped - nay, not dropped but emphatically yeeted from their hands into outer space.

also sure the whole entire db leak for sale security breach fiasco was out of your control but you know what was within your control? the numerous vulnerability reports yall have received over time from like the random twitter whh and previous breaches. fuck jumpstart fuck netdragon

also I may be sleep deprived and misremembering but I swear I heard neo has 1 front end and 1 back end dev so... yeah that really puts things into perspective.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-08-2022),chii3d (10-08-2022),Houndoom (10-08-2022),slumber party (10-08-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Maybe if they actually did something about all those reported vulnerabilities prior. But ah, nah, it's not a problem unless it makes the news and sends the entire userbase into a panic and causes them to begin bleeding players.

This'll just make you lose even more, but what do I know. Faerie Festival and NC UCs were probably the main things a lot of people were waiting on this year (along with a potential CC, but *that* hope was dashed already) since the Altador Cup ended in such a massive disaster.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Erik. (10-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon View Post
    Maybe if they actually did something about all those reported vulnerabilities prior. But ah, nah, it's not a problem unless it makes the news and sends the entire userbase into a panic and causes them to begin bleeding players.

This'll just make you lose even more, but what do I know. Faerie Festival and NC UCs were probably the main things a lot of people were waiting on this year (along with a potential CC, but *that* hope was dashed already) since the Altador Cup ended in such a massive disaster.
    I feel like the way they handled the security leak was more the issue with why people have left. Being forced to be logged out instead of prompts to update emails and passwords or adding 2fa was such a poor use experience, and now we don't even have events to distract ourselves from how little transparency there's been about "what they're working on".
    idk I'd feel so much better if they updated their editorials with like... any update at all. Or even adding those dumb security questions to old accounts, cause they have those already for new accounts if 2fa is too hard to do it fast.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

chii3d (10-08-2022),Ice (10-08-2022)

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    106 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndoom View Post
    I feel like the way they handled the security leak was more the issue with why people have left. Being forced to be logged out instead of prompts to update emails and passwords or adding 2fa was such a poor use experience, and now we don't even have events to distract ourselves from how little transparency there's been about "what they're working on".
    idk I'd feel so much better if they updated their editorials with like... any update at all. Or even adding those dumb security questions to old accounts, cause they have those already for new accounts if 2fa is too hard to do it fast.
    Anything at all would have been nice, yes. ETAs, a roadmap, something. And then actually sticking to it instead of being all "we're working on it! it's coming soon!" when "soon" to them means any time between now and the heat death of the universe.

But ah, yeah, that's what I mean regarding the vulnerability earlier this year. As much as they want to pretend Neopets users practice good email and password hygiene, most honestly do not. And that's what makes these sort of attacks so effective. So when they expect people to have a working email to get back in, or actually know what their password was, it uproots a lot of people who, under any other website that has entered the modern era, would have had an alternate method of logging in via social media, backup codes, or a support system that actually looks at requests.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serebii For This Useful Post:

Houndoom (10-08-2022),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (10-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her and he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    12d 2h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    This editorial is so depressing. I'm so burnt out on events being built up/promised and getting nothing (and I'm sure the staff that have to answer the questions every week are tired of it too).

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ferengi For This Useful Post:

chii3d (10-08-2022),Houndoom (10-08-2022),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (10-08-2022)

Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast