Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Cool hello

Hi!
    I'm an antisocial Neopets player. A lot of the Neopets communities can be a little...high strung, and I was drawn to this one due to the comparatively chill vibes and forum set-up. (I love cheesy forum signatures. -sighs dreamily-)

I'm an artist of some variety, and love working on my Neo customs, stories, and OC designs. IRL, I am a zero-waste vegetarian living with my partner and two old cats. I'm addicted to fermenting weird things, gardening, composting, and repairing everything 1000 times instead of replacing it. I also love obsessing over pulling the perfect espresso shots, and am always down to talk coffee and home bar stuff! (I promise I'm not as insufferable as my hobbies make me sound!! lol)

Hope to see you all around!

all I do is embarrass my parents on the internet

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kendreadful For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-18-2022),j03 (12-18-2022),Tyranitar (12-18-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Welcome kendread! I think you'll fit very well here, there's many different topics to engage with and we also have ryugotchis and userbars! And sometimes we have drawing events

(you need an account to see links)

I have always loved how ck reminds me of the old forum style

Hopefully you will share with use some of your coffee preparations

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

kendreadful (12-18-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Hello! You make me VERY excited to talk about stuff!

First off - welcome! I would love to hear about your journey with 0 waste. I am definitely not 0 waste but always looking to do better. You mentioned composting - last year I invested in the Lomi and it's been amazing. Have you heard of it before?

What do you ferment? What are you fermenting right now?
    I also have a deep soul connection to coffee. How do you take yours? Do you like to drink fancy drinks? If so, what's your favourite latte/cappuccino/coffee beverage?

I hope to see you around the forum. If you ever feel like it, we have some games nights & movies nights happening on our discord if you'd like to come hang out. We'd love to have you

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Thank you! I’ve been lurking and have seen the Ryugotchis around! I’m not sure if I’m committed enough to make one though TvT
    I will definitely post some recipes!!
    Last edited by kendreadful; 12-18-2022 at 07:43 PM. Reason: I fucked up the formatting bc I’m on mobile right now

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Hello hello! Its awesome to have you here!

I feel you on the antisocial part lol I normally would stay to myself not only on Neo, but in real life as well.
    But being here really has helped me break out a bit and get to know a lot of the others

The community here is great and always happy to help where they can! I also love that its not just about Neo!
    Im a big Pokemon/OSRS fan, so its great that I can share my excitement on some of those with other fans lol

Hope you have a ton of fun here!

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    104 times
    Time Online
    60d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by kendreadful View Post
    Hi!
    I'm an antisocial Neopets player. A lot of the Neopets communities can be a little...high strung, and I was drawn to this one due to the comparatively chill vibes and forum set-up. (I love cheesy forum signatures. -sighs dreamily-)

I'm an artist of some variety, and love working on my Neo customs, stories, and OC designs. IRL, I am a zero-waste vegetarian living with my partner and two old cats. I'm addicted to fermenting weird things, gardening, composting, and repairing everything 1000 times instead of replacing it. I also love obsessing over pulling the perfect espresso shots, and am always down to talk coffee and home bar stuff! (I promise I'm not as insufferable as my hobbies make me sound!! lol)

Hope to see you all around!
    Hey there! Welcome to this awesome community.
    If you're an artist, I think youll find a lot of awesome activities, here we have tons of artists.

Also, wow. How do you drink your spresso? What are your steps to make it perfect?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    Hello! You make me VERY excited to talk about stuff!

First off - welcome! I would love to hear about your journey with 0 waste. I am definitely not 0 waste but always looking to do better. You mentioned composting - last year I invested in the Lomi and it's been amazing. Have you heard of it before?

What do you ferment? What are you fermenting right now?
    I also have a deep soul connection to coffee. How do you take yours? Do you like to drink fancy drinks? If so, what's your favourite latte/cappuccino/coffee beverage?

I hope to see you around the forum. If you ever feel like it, we have some games nights & movies nights happening on our discord if you'd like to come hang out. We'd love to have you
    Thank you!! Sorry for taking forever to reply to this, I have been frantically prepping all of my Christmas stuff lol
    My fave beverage is usually just a double shot of espresso with a little steamed almond milk, but depending on the place I'm getting it or the mood I'm in, I can vibe with lattes and cold brews as well! I'm not huge on flavored syrups myself, but I do make them for my partner, since he likes his coffee with a bit of sugar. It's nearly always simple syrup, but I make hibiscus, brown sugar, orange, or cinnamon syrups from time to time. (the orange syrup brewed with a few Szechuan peppercorns is awesome)
    What's your fave beverage?

Right now, I am fermenting kombucha, and also growing a separate, giant SCOBY for a project. I fortunately have access to municipal food waste composting now, but I do have a big garden compost pile. I have heard of the Lomi, but I like to keep it simple nowadays! Just a big pile of yard waste that gets turned every once in a while. I used to do my own food waste composting, which was more labor intensive. My garden compost is growing wheat right now because a big ol' bag of wheat grass seeds got rained on! At this point, I'm just waiting to see what pops up in there in the spring. How do you like the Lomi?

Also: zero waste is all about reduction! For me, it's about the environmental impact, and avoiding plastic waste as much as possible. I was doing a lot better before I started working full time again, though! T_T I try to remember that I can't eliminate all waste, so I just do what I can. I make as much as I can at home, use dry goods, repair stuff by hand (even when it would be cheaper to just replace it), and ultimately try to be as responsible as I can with the end of life for my belongings. It is a lot of work, but I've noticed that by encouraging the people around me to avoid single use plastics and reuse everything they can, my family and friends have also started to reduce their waste as well! Which is just really exciting. (I don't know if I'll ever get my parents to use re-usable shopping bags, though. Can't win 'em all )

And thank you!! Hope to see you around as well!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kendreadful For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (12-21-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    Welcome to cK! I love Paprika! (That's your avatar, right?!)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    13h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Hello hello! Its awesome to have you here!

I feel you on the antisocial part lol I normally would stay to myself not only on Neo, but in real life as well.
    But being here really has helped me break out a bit and get to know a lot of the others

The community here is great and always happy to help where they can! I also love that its not just about Neo!
    Im a big Pokemon/OSRS fan, so its great that I can share my excitement on some of those with other fans lol

Hope you have a ton of fun here!
    Thank you!! Yes, it seems like there is quite the variety of topics discussed here! I love the older Pokemon games. You're making me tempted to boot up my 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Hey there! Welcome to this awesome community.
    If you're an artist, I think youll find a lot of awesome activities, here we have tons of artists.

Also, wow. How do you drink your spresso? What are your steps to make it perfect?
    Thank you! I saw that there were lots of art contests. I've been lurking, and there are so many great artists around here!

For my espresso, I use a Gaggia Classic (that I have been procrastinating on modding...I need to upgrade my group head badly). I haven't bought a burr grinder yet, so I usually get small batch coffee from my local roaster, and have them pre-grind it for me. It stays pretty fresh that way, since I usually use it up within a week. After that, it's pretty easy to pull a decent shot! I'm going to upgrade to a Baratza grinder soon so I can grind my own espresso, and really get my shots dialed in. For now, they are at least good enough for lattes and other milk based drinks!

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Welcome to the community, @(you need an account to see links) ! Happy you introduced yourself.

Most of everyone here is pretty laid-back and chill. Our community leaders try to display a mature image (for the most part) so the rest follow... It's a night and day difference here compared to the neoboards, IMHO.

What do you enjoy the most on Neopets? Are you a collector of anything?

Cool avatar you have! You might enjoy collecting userbars and displaying them as your personal "flair" if you decide to stick around more often. Cheers ~
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------