Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do people keep finding my pets?!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clair View Post
    Shops, games, something like that also make it possible to find you.
    Also there are specific searches you can use in google to find all the pet species/color you are looking for and then people just click through all of them until they find one that is UC.
    Completely inactive pets usually won't show up in a search like this, but if you are working on securing your pets and caching them in preparation to start posting on the boards and such, the pets would be google searchable.
    The accounts are relatively inactive rather than logging on, updating lookups, and visiting the neolodge. If I google their names specifically I'm able to find them. I knew there was a way to find specific pets for pound surfing but that was my only guess. I just thought it was weird that it's happened to me more than once.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    102 times
    Time Online
    24d 23h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Do they have 'not UFT' or something like that on their lookups?
    People search for ucs through google hoping they will find one that is uft, the same way you search for pets in the pound via pet lookup. So like site:neopets.com "the Faerie Draik" uft. and then they click on every link to see if any are UC.
    Then they just change around the url and the words after the "the Faerie Draik" and it changes what results come up. If your pet says not UFT then it is more likely to show up.
    That happened to me not too long ago. I asked them how they found my pet and ^that's pretty much what they told me.

Oops, I didn't see that this was already answered. My bad.
    Last edited by cookiemunster; 09-27-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemunster View Post
    Do they have 'not UFT' or something like that on their lookups?
    People search for ucs through google hoping they will find one that is uft, the same way you search for pets in the pound via pet lookup. So like site:neopets.com "the Faerie Draik" uft. and then they click on every link to see if any are UC.
    Then they just change around the url and the words after the "the Faerie Draik" and it changes what results come up. If your pet says not UFT then it is more likely to show up.
    That happened to me not too long ago. I asked them how they found my pet and ^that's pretty much what they told me.

Oops, I didn't see that this was already answered. My bad.
    Oh that's okay, this is still helpful! Lol they have generic text on their lookups, but no UFT. I think everyone's been right about that search function though, but man would that take a while!

Thank you everyone!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    81/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    if you're getting neomails once you move them to an account, could be that some people have their own private lists and stalk the pet every time it moves accounts in a hope to trade for it. I had that happen to me with certain ucs before, the same user would nm me every time i traded it (i moved it through a few accounts and staged trades with myself)