Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Within names, I honestly think value speaks for itself and beyond that it's all preference - offering "Indebtedness" on "Alex" is obviously not gonna fly/borderline insulting, but within reasonable-feeling offers I don't think it's so quantitative. It's not a new tier list, it's no tier list. The one way I think it's definitely objectively worse is for people who aspire to have common RW/RNs but are currently nowhere close to that - it's def true that there's no way to break in now, outside of buying black market or getting names in another purge.

But I think this has/will severely cut the demand for trading overall. I could be wrong, but my impression is the majority of the PC was focused on UC trading, and the main reason all those laughably uncommon/fake/unappealing RWs and RNs were at play at all was in attempt to break in to UCs. Converted trading outside of RNs and RWs has been pretty chill and preference-driven for a while, since most/all colours and species became more attainable. I imagine that's how it'll be with basically all pets now. The exclusivity factor, let alone the "this exact pet + this vibe/style of name" formula is gone.

If you mean like token trading on the NC side, I guess it remains to be seen how hard to get certain tokens are? & I have already seen some shady shit with people racing to offer a single SSS (rather than DSSS) for tokens of pets that were T10. But for $14 and some patience (for what colours that lutari feels like) we can get any UC on our own and avoid trading at all, which takes away SO much of the pressure and desperation. My hope is that token value stays relatively equal, so even for people who can't buy NC, using the occasional free NC that gets given out to buy the cheaper, randomized SSS puts them in the market to trade for whatever.
    I feel like we agree somehow. There's no way to break into RW trading outside of a name purge. There's no tier list (which despite being annoying I think is important, as it shows players care enough to make up their own economy.) Less people will be inclined to trade, which no matter how you look at it is less people engaging with a site that already has population concerns. Then everything left is subjective to the point where unless you're gunning for a specific name, you may as well just go to create-a-pet and do it yourself.

I am a broken record so I won't forgive anyone for feeling like I'm harping on about this, but it feels like the site community is rationalizing away this obviously greedy move. All UC interest now funnels directly into the NC Mall and TNT's wallet. I couldn't be any less enthusiastic if I was sedated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    I am a broken record so I won't forgive anyone for feeling like I'm harping on about this, but it feels like the site community is rationalizing away this obviously greedy move. All UC interest now funnels directly into the NC Mall and TNT's wallet. I couldn't be any less enthusiastic if I was sedated.
    It's true. And I know neopets needs money, they're probably hurting for it and they can use money to improve the site, so I understand why they did it. But this boom won't last imo and then they're gonna be running into the same problems they had before. Neo needs fun interesting content. Hopefully they can put the money from this towards that and actually fixing shit lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaray View Post
    It's true. And I know neopets needs money, they're probably hurting for it and they can use money to improve the site, so I understand why they did it. But this boom won't last imo and then they're gonna be running into the same problems they had before. Neo needs fun interesting content. Hopefully they can put the money from this towards that and actually fixing shit lol.
    I agree with you there. This issue is very polarizing issue depending on many different factors. Seems many people are either very pro or very against this move and I just hope TNT can execute properly. There are bigger issues to the site than UCs and I think they are focusing on the wrong thing. I understand them focusing on things that can bring in more money for them but people can only have a finite amount of pets. Sounds like they will release new options VERY slowly to provide a constant stream of revenue once new options come out. Which is fine, but it upends a lot of how the site functions right now. If they want to build activity they need ACTIVITIES for people to do. Fixing the BD and solid plots would be a fantastic next step.

I think they are stretching themselves too thin working on these other “neo worlds” rather than the main site - but what do we know from the outside looking in.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-27-2024),Sakuras (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Is there a page set up anywhere with the full-sized art of all available nostalgic tokens? Like the Sunnyneo rainbow pool, but just for these. SN appears to be in the process of getting up to date with the nostalgic versions (shown below the default pet art on individual colour/species pages), including a really useful comparison slider. For now I've been looking at the item art on JN, but it'd be nice to see them all in full somewhere[COLOR="Silver"]
    Are you wanting to look at just the newer updated art of the UCs? If you are then DTI has them all high res'd (you need an account to see links) if you wanted to see what they looked like!

If this isn't what your looking for then I probably got it confused w something else

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Druid (01-27-2024),Sakuras (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 11h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I only had a few minutes to poke around and didn’t see that particular page. I’ll have to play with it again some more this weekend/next week.
    Quick plug - if you need a brief rundown on the new interfaces TNT added, I've made a guide for it here: (you need an account to see links)

Edit: OMG I finally got lavalicious with this post

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-26-2024),birdies (01-29-2024),DarkSkies (01-27-2024),♥ Decepticon ♥ (01-26-2024),I_royalty_I (01-27-2024),Sakuras (01-26-2024),Styx (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    54d 7h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 18m
    I need to point out that the devs do not like people calling Pet Styles “tokens” and that’s exceedingly funny to me since Dom is the one who coined that term 2 AMAs okay when they told us it was a lab ray adjacent system.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsepiol For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-29-2024),Parrot (01-27-2024),Pringle (01-27-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by samsepiol View Post
    I need to point out that the devs do not like people calling Pet Styles “tokens” and that’s exceedingly funny to me since Dom is the one who coined that term 2 AMAs okay when they told us it was a lab ray adjacent system.
    I'd love a source for this but also it's probably because Grundo's Cafe uses a 'token' system.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rowlet For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (01-27-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Quick plug - if you need a brief rundown on the new interfaces TNT added, I've made a guide for it here: (you need an account to see links)

Edit: OMG I finally got lavalicious with this post
    Actually that’s perfect, thank you! Congrats on lava bar too - Whoo!!!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

16. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Vis (01-27-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    So I've been lurking the pound - managed to snag one VWN pet yesterday when it first opened but as of right now it is moving SO FAST. I haven't been able to adopt a single WN pet since

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    5d 8h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    *eyes 650+ strong UC collection as their value drops to a fraction of previous worth*

*Eyes collection of stamps, weapons, collectibles and other valuables that just dropped to pennys on the NP*

I guess it’s all about perspective and your personal circumstances. If you had no/few UCs and few options to get one I can see how this change is a HUGE win/shortcut.
    I see it as a huge net negative, personally. But I also see it as something that happened and can’t be changed.
    Looks like it’s riddled with glitches and such right now so hopefully they can fix it.
    So you're mad that the capitalism simulator is working as intended? I have a high-value account with UCs, stamp collections, and so on. I've been around since 2002. Give zero shits about any of it losing 'value'. It's a virtual pet site that only exists today because of nostalgic millennials who don't know how to move on. Anything to ruin this game's bizarre 'rarity' driven economy is a good thing. Hardly expect people of clraik to agree with that though, given the nature of this forum. Still hilarious.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Werewolf For This Useful Post:

Pringle (01-27-2024)