10/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    71d 11h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Quote Originally Posted by gamerkid1 View Post
    yeah, except you get prize points. not potentially r99s... so its gonna be lameeee
    I spoke too soon.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Holy shit! How will this play out
    There'll be a prize shop with set prizes, or you still get random rx prizes but using points instead of items?
    Prize shop, you get points from donating based on rarity (which at least they didn't make it a flat rate lmao)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ehentalix For This Useful Post:

Forever (03-12-2018),Gotch (03-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Holy shit! How will this play out
    There'll be a prize shop with set prizes, or you still get random rx prizes but using points instead of items?
    Prolly the former..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mylo For This Useful Post:

Gotch (03-12-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    29d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    i dont think theyve ever had a gamble in a prize shop. so, it will likely be set prizes. Hopefully the top prize is literally insane to get so all the work will pay off

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    The FAQ for the new cc can be found in the help section of the site, for anyone wondering (just search charity corner)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    29d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    wait, so the prizes arent even physical prizes? is that what i just gathered? they are going to be boons?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    FAQ said something about boons. Who knows what tnt's take on a 'boon' is. But if there are no prizes I'm gonna be pretty disappointed and glad as hell I didn't waste my time buying junk items

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Does the rarity of the items I donate affect the points I earn?
    Yes, the higher the rarity of an item you donate, the higher the points you earn for it.

For how long will the Make a Difference drive be available?
    The Make a Difference Drive will start on the 12th of March at 10:00:00 NST and will go on for 11 days, ending on the 23rd of March at 10:00:00 NST.

How do I donate items to the Make a Difference Drive?
    Head over to the Charity Corner hub page. For NP items, click Donate NP Items and pick items you want to donate from your inventory. These items will show up when you click on the drop down menus. Once you have selected all the items you want to donate, click Donate and contribute to the drive. Every item donated will earn you points that you can redeem at the prize shop after the event ends. For NC items, complete Step 1 by buying a pack of your choice and proceed to Step 2 to donate from your inventory. Items donated here will earn you a receipt that you can redeem at the Gift Shop immediately.

I have donated but haven’t got any prizes in return. When can I expect them?
    Every donation will earn you points. Since Granny believes that charity should be for the sake of helping those in need and not a means to earn prizes, you can redeem the points you earn for something else instead. Something special that she has arranged for you by pulling some strings and getting in touch with some very influential people. At the end of the event, go over to the prize shop to redeem your points for these boons. Psst, don’t go telling you heard it from us!

Is there a specific kind of item you are looking for?
    No. Anything you donate can and will make life a little better for those Neopians who have lost their homes and hearths to the destructions. From food to books to toys to everything else in between, every donation you make will earn you points that you can later redeem.

What can I donate to the Make a Difference Drive?
    Absolutely anything! Granny is looking to rehabilitate all Neopians affected by the Wraiths and anything you can come forward with will go a long way in making that a success. Rest assured; your generosity won’t go unnoticed. Though Granny insists charity is only for the sake of charity this year, a little birdie told me she has something grand planned out! Granny will reward you with points for every item you donate to the drive and you can redeem your points at the prize shop for something extra special. Extra special what, you ask? You will have to find out, won’t you? At the end of the event, you will also receive a trophy and bonus prizes!

What is the Make a Difference Drive?
    Charity Corner is an annual charitable event run by Granny Hopbobbin. The Year 20 version of the event is called the Make A Difference Drive as this year, the kindly Granny has decided to lend a hand and make a difference to the lives of all those who have been affected by the war against the Wraiths. You can join in and help make her event a roaring success by donating as many items as you possibly can. There are no limits to what or how much you can donate so be extra generous. Now, don’t go ask Granny what you are getting in return for your generosity. She will probably tell you off but we have it on good authority that something special is coming your way. Make sure to visit the prize shop at the end of the event.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    4d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I wonder how many points different rarities are worth hmm

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Hmm so now the game to play is "how high do I think r90+s will go for prize point seekers?" instead of the usual "how high do I think the gamblers are willing to risk for 1/5th of a new r90+?" which used to stagnate around 35k... hmm hmm hmm.

I've never been one to gamble on CC too much, I always restock/resell to the gamblers but I do like shiny gold trophies so maybe I'll donate instead of sell this year. Depending on how prices behave.
    Last edited by k80; 03-12-2018 at 10:34 AM.