Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

Playing Neopets on Mobile Data

Hi all,

I'm not all that up on using VPNs, etc. but I was curious how I could exploit my phone's browser to essentially obtain a second IP address. Say for example I create a second Neopets account for the purpose of collecting Trudy's Surprize and access the account only through mobile data.

• In theory, TNT would have no idea that account is connected to my main, correct?

• What if I have logged onto my main previously with my phone?

• Does the phone create a new IP each time it is turned on/off or is that information provided through the SIM?

• Likewise, what if I use my phone to create a hotspot?

Forgive me if these are noob questions, just trying to understand how I can exploit better.

Thanks & Happy Friday.

EDIT: changed the formatting
    Last edited by thisismyname; 06-02-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/3
    Mentioned
    109 times
    Time Online
    83d 21h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    28m
    This is a really good question indeed.

If Im not wrong it all depends on your carrier. Some of them use a NATed network so you will get a static IP everytime (so in this cases maybe other people will have the same IP as you if they're connected through the same mobile network).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    I don't think Trudy works on phones but I could be wrong. Either way, playing from a phone sounds like a huge pain in the a��.
    Before you start with your idea make sure you've deleted cookies/cache on your phone's browser. Should make it harder for TNT to track you, as long as you only use your phone for that "trudy account" (this also addresses your "What if I have logged onto my main previously with my phone" question).

Another problem I can see with using your mobile data is that you'll basically log in/play from multiple IPs, a lot (all in the same/similar "range" though e.g: 192.168.169.365 and 192.168.170.366)

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
    I don't think Trudy works on phones but I could be wrong. Either way, playing from a phone sounds like a huge pain in the a��.
    Before you start with your idea make sure you've deleted cookies/cache on your phone's browser. Should make it harder for TNT to track you, as long as you only use your phone for that "trudy account" (this also addresses your "What if I have logged onto my main previously with my phone" question).

Another problem I can see with using your mobile data is that you'll basically log in/play from multiple IPs, a lot (all in the same/similar "range" though e.g: 192.168.169.365 and 192.168.170.366)
    Trudy's surprize definitely works on at least some phones as I do it frequently. And I figure enough people play on their phones already, having an IP that changes a little each time shouldn't really be an issue? I'm not sure, just speculating here.

Edit: I also just thought that one could use designated browsers for designated accounts on mobile as there are literally infinite "browser" apps available which should(?) save one from deleting cookies/cache all that often.
    Last edited by thisismyname; 06-02-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Quote Originally Posted by thisismyname View Post
    Trudy's surprize definitely works on at least some phones as I do it frequently. And I figure enough people play on their phones already, having an IP that changes a little each time shouldn't really be an issue? I'm not sure, just speculating here.
    Guess I should have said "a problem I could see with doing that", my bad.
    VPNs do the same, actually. You'd need to connect and disconnect multiple times for your VPN client to assign you the exact same IP you've used before (which is too much of a hassle and a waste of time)
    Never liked that daily so I don't really know too much about it. But I think it uses flash, something phones don't support anymore (if it's based just on JS then it should run on all phones)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 15h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
    Guess I should have said "a problem I could see with doing that", my bad.
    VPNs do the same, actually. You'd need to connect and disconnect multiple times for your VPN client to assign you the exact same IP you've used before (which is too much of a hassle and a waste of time)
    Never liked that daily so I don't really know too much about it. But I think it uses flash, something phones don't support anymore (if it's based just on JS then it should run on all phones)
    Interesting. I didn't know that's how VPNs work.

I appreciate the replies you guys. :*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    68 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Something else about mobile phone playing - there are browser apps that support flash so essentially you can play everything onsite from mobile.

I don't have the names since ironically I'm on mobile right now and it's hard to pull up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    8d 21h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by munsterpoo View Post
    Something else about mobile phone playing - there are browser apps that support flash so essentially you can play everything onsite from mobile.

I don't have the names since ironically I'm on mobile right now and it's hard to pull up.
    Puffin is the one I use!
    I sell articles, stories, poems, and more for your avatar and trophy needs!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blovey For This Useful Post:

munsterpoo (06-02-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Quote Originally Posted by thisismyname View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know that's how VPNs work.

I appreciate the replies you guys. :*
    Yeah, if you want the same IP always you're better off buying a private proxy (IMO) if you wanna have multiple locations available and encryption go with a VPN.

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」