Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    21d 9h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

Paging Neopian Times Stars!!

How hard is it to get into the NT now?

What type of articles are generally picked?

Any tips?

i cant recieve private messages on here im not ignoring u

Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    33d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chibicat For This Useful Post:

Blovey (08-09-2018),Ganymede (08-06-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    71d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I haven't entered in quite some time, but from the looks of things and the frequency of cancelations TNT may be a bit short on user generated content. I think they just don't have enough people submitting things to keep NT afloat as often as required. Even in the news today it seems like they are begging for submissions.

To answer your questions: It's probably fairly easy to get published nowadays.

As for what they put into the NT, just pick something silly and site relevant. You could expand on a RE that happened to you and write about how your pet's would react. Or you could write a guide, those are always big. If you're really ambitious, you could make a saga about your pets doing their dailies and that could probably net you all 10 of the NT trophies you need for that one avatar.
    Last edited by Him; 08-06-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    I haven't entered in quite some time, but from the looks of things and the frequency of cancelations TNT may be a bit short on user generated content. I think they just don't have enough people submitting things to keep NT afloat as often as required. Even in the news today it seems like they are begging for submissions.

To answer your questions: It's probably fairly easy to get published nowadays.

As for what they put into the NT, just pick something silly and site relevant. You could expand on a RE that happened to you and write about how your pet's would react. Or you could write a guide, those are always big. If you're really ambitious, you could make a saga about your pets doing their dailies and that could probably net you all 10 of the NT trophies you need for that one avatar.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

Maelstra (08-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    71d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    Hmm, now this one I'm not so sure about. Whenever I do something similar, I usually win the NT and work on gathering trophies and the like building up the account first. Then after some time I'll move a purchased pet to the account.

For safety purposes, my gut says it isn't safe to do the other way around. Especially if this is a freshly bought pet. I do know that in the past, people look at your account and at you as a user when you win the NT. I've had quite a few users mail me after winning, whether it be to congratulate me on my win or to look into my past activities and ask questions (mostly about how I won, or tips on a specific game I got a trophy in or something).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
    Hmm, now this one I'm not so sure about. Whenever I do something similar, I usually win the NT and work on gathering trophies and the like building up the account first. Then after some time I'll move a purchased pet to the account.

For safety purposes, my gut says it isn't safe to do the other way around. Especially if this is a freshly bought pet. I do know that in the past, people look at your account and at you as a user when you win the NT. I've had quite a few users mail me after winning, whether it be to congratulate me on my win or to look into my past activities and ask questions (mostly about how I won, or tips on a specific game I got a trophy in or something).
    Cool, thanks, I'll just have to try it on a different account then

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    super easy to get into nowadays. I did 7/11 of my articles on my own and they all made it in no prob