Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, what genre of books do you like reading?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A

Hey guys, what genre of books do you like reading?

As I mentioned in a thread earlier, I'm an author and my first book comes out next year. For the sake of not using this as free self advertising I won't say my name or my book's name, but it's a comedic fantasy novel because fantasy is a genre that's always appealed to me.

My mom loves crime fiction, my dad loves westerns.

So what kinds of books do you all like?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Fantasy,horror...but Im fan of "violence fantasies", lets see,is kinda hard to explain,Im a little fanatic of Joe Abercrombie style or Patrick Rothfuss...Im very addicted to that kind of books,and I need then like we need air to breath.If that is you kinda of book I would really to read it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    13h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Action, fantasy and novel romance *-*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinxil View Post
    Fantasy,horror...but Im fan of "violence fantasies", lets see,is kinda hard to explain,Im a little fanatic of Joe Abercrombie style or Patrick Rothfuss...Im very addicted to that kind of books,and I need then like we need air to breath.If that is you kinda of book I would really to read it
    So you're into some pretty dark and brutal stuff then eh? Sounds like almost the opposite of mine haha. Well, there's definitely a bit of brutality in mine, but overall it's much more lighthearted and fun.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    53d 14h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Dystopian is nice!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    People read?

I just read the inside of my eyelids and forums.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    3d 23h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm a sucker for "teen novels", it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Logan Byrne, who I think may still frequent these forums, I like his stuff. I dig the whole werewolf/vampire genre with a bit of comedy and I have an obsession for Harry Potter but I'll read anything minus full on romance novels that lacks a interesting plot.

I think you should post your stuff, plenty of people advertise their virtual pixels for sale, no reason not to share your accomplishments.

OOOOAAARRGGHH!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan View Post
    I'm a sucker for "teen novels", it's a guilty pleasure of mine. Logan Byrne, who I think may still frequent these forums, I like his stuff. I dig the whole werewolf/vampire genre with a bit of comedy and I have an obsession for Harry Potter but I'll read anything minus full on romance novels that lacks a interesting plot.

I think you should post your stuff, plenty of people advertise their virtual pixels for sale, no reason not to share your accomplishments.
    Hey my name is Logan too! ...I'm not this Logan Byrne though. And I might post it eventually. My editor hopes to have our first draft of the cover art within the next month or two. Maybe once preorders are available I'll share a couple links

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Psudoprofessionalism View Post
    So you're into some pretty dark and brutal stuff then eh? Sounds like almost the opposite of mine haha. Well, there's definitely a bit of brutality in mine, but overall it's much more lighthearted and fun.
    yes Im kinda dark and brutal inside to, I cant express that on my "real life" usually Im the kinda of cute and fluffy person outside, then I need my books to relieve the pression of my days,I wish your book have a lot of sells so they translate it on portuguese

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 6h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinxil View Post
    yes Im kinda dark and brutal inside to, I cant express that on my "real life" usually Im the kinda of cute and fluffy person outside, then I need my books to relieve the pression of my days,I wish your book have a lot of sells so they translate it on portuguese
    I hope it has lots of sells too! Haha. We're working with a foreign rights department so we can get sales abroad, but I don't know if that covers translations!