Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: what prize will you pick for AC cup prize shop?

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I only got to rank 1, so I just got myself my team Slushie and that was it lol
    As well as a book from the Staff shop

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I feel like if they nerf the Thundersticks they'll have significantly more people up in arms than if they leave them alone but I'm afraid to spend my points until I know for sure because if I get sticks instead of a Rainbow Yooyu or stamps and they nerf the sticks I will probably cry like a little idiot. I already have Void Blades and they're doing me just fine. How common is it that TNT would nerf a weapon if it's "too powerful"? I'm guessing they've done it before?

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I feel like if they nerf the Thundersticks they'll have significantly more people up in arms than if they leave them alone but I'm afraid to spend my points until I know for sure because if I get sticks instead of a Rainbow Yooyu or stamps and they nerf the sticks I will probably cry like a little idiot. I already have Void Blades and they're doing me just fine. How common is it that TNT would nerf a weapon if it's "too powerful"? I'm guessing they've done it before?
    I believe they have, a long time ago but with different staff, of course.

Since there will be a limited amount, I don't see a huge issue with the weapon/BD economy moving forward.

But these are more powerful than a weapon that was valued at 400m+ for being the only 100% freezer with some damage. This one does more AND fully blocks all physical icons. They're a tremendous amount of help in the BattleDome.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Erik. (07-08-2022),Jackalope (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 20h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    The last items nerfed was MDT and Shuriken. Both freezers if that matters haha. I agree with your statement about the amount of people being in uproar if they nerfed it. They didn’t nerf TMT when it was released, basically being an alternative to RoDN. There’s only a few people on the BD chat boo hooing about it being similar to Mskull. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it plays out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cavdude For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 12h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    The only way I could see them leaning towards not nerfing it is having an upcoming plot that has the BD involved. By keeping this item as it is it does opne up the ability for more players to do well in a war style plot. Espcially too with other items like the Void Blade and other plot/event related BD items. So here is hoping. I did get one for myself to replace my Randomly Firing Freeze Gun or whatever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    222/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    101d 8h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    they did it last time with Magic Gridlock Gun in 2018, it used to hit 21 icons, 3 of each type, they reduced to 14, 2 icons of each. But it was a free prize from participating in an event. This one they would be in a bad spot if they nerfed since people would wnat their points back and stuff like that. so i think it's unlikely for them to change it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrSloth For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (07-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Ok. I need some help deciding. I have enough to get two Thundersticks or one Thundersticks and one Rainbow Yooyu. Right now the prices to just straight up buy either of them are pretty outlandish but I suspect they might not decrease any time soon and if they drop a plot on us the sticks will skyrocket. Would I be a fool to only have one set of Thundersticks in my arsenal just to have a little rainbow lad?

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Ok. I need some help deciding. I have enough to get two Thundersticks or one Thundersticks and one Rainbow Yooyu. Right now the prices to just straight up buy either of them are pretty outlandish but I suspect they might not decrease any time soon and if they drop a plot on us the sticks will skyrocket. Would I be a fool to only have one set of Thundersticks in my arsenal just to have a little rainbow lad?
    If they don't nerf the Sticks, they will very likely skyrocket in price. Whether if a plot drops or you wait 5-10 years. They are cheap but only so many will be able to buy them. This is a game changing equipment that gives you a huge advantage in the BD.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I'm kicking myself for not joining this year. I was so busy working on the score sender that I never signed up on my own accounts. Now I'm missing out on Thunder Sticks hype! I'm celebrating vicariously through these posts ♥

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

bluepen (07-09-2022),cornishwall (07-10-2022),Jackalope (07-09-2022),Lyrichord (07-10-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by j03 View Post
    If they don't nerf the Sticks, they will very likely skyrocket in price. Whether if a plot drops or you wait 5-10 years. They are cheap but only so many will be able to buy them. This is a game changing equipment that gives you a huge advantage in the BD.
    hmm how long should we wait to know if they'll nerf the sticks though? I guess I should just wait and make sure I get something before the shop closes but I'm impatient af lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm kicking myself for not joining this year. I was so busy working on the score sender that I never signed up on my own accounts. Now I'm missing out on Thunder Sticks hype! I'm celebrating vicariously through these posts ♥
    Oh no!! The FOMO must be rough but maybe you'll be able to get your hands on some!