DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,758 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I'm accosted by captchas constantly while casually browsing! It has gotten to the point where I have to resist the urge to look at everybody's pets and profiles because of the inconvenience. I used to love looking at pets and profiles, but I feel like I'm being punished for exploring nowadays! Now, unless I recognize a notable pet or player, I don't even bother looking anymore. It's not worth one captcha, followed by another captcha because I couldn't properly guess whether or not it wanted me to highlight the whole effing staircase or just some of it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (12-01-2018),Stardust (12-01-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I'm accosted by captchas constantly while casually browsing! It has gotten to the point where I have to resist the urge to look at everybody's pets and profiles because of the inconvenience. I used to love looking at pets and profiles, but I feel like I'm being punished for exploring nowadays! Now, unless I recognize a notable pet or player, I don't even bother looking anymore. It's not worth one captcha, followed by another captcha because I couldn't properly guess whether or not it wanted me to highlight the whole effing staircase or just some of it.
    I get like 4 captchas in a row when trying to surf on my phone, it never just lets me through when answering the first one -.-

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,758 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    I get like 4 captchas in a row when trying to surf on my phone, it never just lets me through when answering the first one -.-
    No! Never! I think what's really going on is that Google is using our proper answers to fine-tune it's wrong interpretations. Often enough, the captcha's expected answers are so off the mark that it almost seems deliberately restraining. Almost like the site is saying "Y'know ... You were a bit too confident about selecting that crosswalk, so why don't you tell me how many traffic lights are in this picture, smart guy?"

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    No! Never! I think what's really going on is that Google is using our proper answers to fine-tune it's wrong interpretations. Often enough, the captcha's expected answers are so off the mark that it almost seems deliberately restraining. Almost like the site is saying "Y'know ... You were a bit too confident about selecting that crosswalk, so why don't you tell me how many traffic lights are in this picture, smart guy?"

Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    I agree with you, googles AI is getting sassy, and that terrifies me more than anything else in the world

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,758 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    I agree with you, googles AI is getting sassy, and that terrifies me more than anything else in the world
    Don't worry. The AI is specifically programmed to harass users on old, clunky websites whose user bases are shrinking due to disillusionment. It's called "Operation salt-in-the-wound", and it's going quite well, judging by this thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Winona (12-01-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 16h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    The ones I hate the most are the "traffic signs", so you click all parts of them, and they make you try again.
    *dies*

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    231 times
    Time Online
    95d 5h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 4m
    Quote Originally Posted by pitpat View Post
    The ones I hate the most are the "traffic signs", so you click all parts of them, and they make you try again.
    *dies*
    Or water hydrants. They seem to never end. Click one and there's a new one underneath. Click that one and oh! there's another one. And if you're really lucky, guess what, there's another one underneath that one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Stardust (12-02-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    who the fuck thought captchas were a good idea

has it crossed jumpstart's mind that a new player trying to get into neopets will probably quit INSTANTLY once they see a few captchas in a row?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Poem For This Useful Post:

Stardust (12-02-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I really hope those captcha's will be gone one day. I really enjoyed go through various profiles & petlookups, looking for inspirations etc. Now because of that captcha's I'm avoiding profiles as much as I can.
    Traffic lights are the most annoying for me.