24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by motherfucker View Post
    I'm gonna go with the opposite of what everyone's saying on this.

I think that adding legitimate art for your pet and winning a BC trophy (if your account looks legitimate) only makes the pet seem more legitimate.
    I've actually had artwork made for my pets to make them look more legit. But chose not to enter the BC. I'd rather someone stumble upon my pet and see "oh thats some nice art" than go out of my way to make em look at my pet more

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leoric For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (08-31-2018),motherfucker (08-31-2018),Sakuras (09-01-2018)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks for all the responses to this- clearly the jury’s still out on if it’s a good or bad idea, so maybe time will tell.

That being said, as I mentioned, this pet is of an unpopular species so I do not plan on doing any board advertisement of it. I don’t think I will need to. I’ve seen some pet lookup types that don’t link back to the owner at all- are there any rules against those that I don’t know about? Just to make it one step more difficult to peer into the account, not that I don’t plan on building that up too.

I will also mention that for the most part these UCs are on very old accounts, typically the ones they were created on, and not my own. I figured it would seem more realistic for a 14+ year old account to have a couple badly-decently named UCs on it than one created recently, so I’m instead gonna have to work on site event trophies.

(Speaking of which, since the fake bc trophy thing was at least joked about, how likely are you to get caught for fake site event trophies? I plan on getting any ones I can legitimately, but I also saw that it is best to have ones from events stretchinng back a couple years.)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    13d 17h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Thanks for all the responses to this- clearly the jury�s still out on if it�s a good or bad idea, so maybe time will tell.

That being said, as I mentioned, this pet is of an unpopular species so I do not plan on doing any board advertisement of it. I don�t think I will need to. I�ve seen some pet lookup types that don�t link back to the owner at all- are there any rules against those that I don�t know about? Just to make it one step more difficult to peer into the account, not that I don�t plan on building that up too.

I will also mention that for the most part these UCs are on very old accounts, typically the ones they were created on, and not my own. I figured it would seem more realistic for a 14+ year old account to have a couple badly-decently named UCs on it than one created recently, so I�m instead gonna have to work on site event trophies.

(Speaking of which, since the fake bc trophy thing was at least joked about, how likely are you to get caught for fake site event trophies? I plan on getting any ones I can legitimately, but I also saw that it is best to have ones from events stretchinng back a couple years.)
    Oh in that case, I don't see the risk of joining the BC if the uc is on the account it was created on. Hell I wouldn't even find it necessary to build up the account (ofc it would be better).

Even if you get reported, it wouldn't be an "illegit" pet if its on the original account. I would win the BC a few times on the original, wait a while then transfer it to wherever you want it to be

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Thanks for all the responses to this- clearly the jury’s still out on if it’s a good or bad idea, so maybe time will tell.

That being said, as I mentioned, this pet is of an unpopular species so I do not plan on doing any board advertisement of it. I don’t think I will need to. I’ve seen some pet lookup types that don’t link back to the owner at all- are there any rules against those that I don’t know about? Just to make it one step more difficult to peer into the account, not that I don’t plan on building that up too.

I will also mention that for the most part these UCs are on very old accounts, typically the ones they were created on, and not my own. I figured it would seem more realistic for a 14+ year old account to have a couple badly-decently named UCs on it than one created recently, so I’m instead gonna have to work on site event trophies.

If they’re on the original account just make sure you have as much information as possible about the account so you can protect it if needed if you do get reported I’d say they would overlook it since the UCs haven’t moved though?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    8d 18h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Apparently I have the unpopular opinion here, but I've entered bought pets in the BC plenty of times and never had anyone question me.

I think it really heavily depends on how nice your account looks. If you have an older filled out account with lots of personalized things like lookups, petpages, and your art, then I don't think people are going to look too far into things. The risk will definitely always be there, but it's possible to do it.

If anyone wants any specific tips for entering the BC with bought pets, message me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurius The Cheater View Post
    Apparently I have the unpopular opinion here, but I've entered bought pets in the BC plenty of times and never had anyone question me.

I think it really heavily depends on how nice your account looks. If you have an older filled out account with lots of personalized things like lookups, petpages, and your art, then I don't think people are going to look too far into things. The risk will definitely always be there, but it's possible to do it.

If anyone wants any specific tips for entering the BC with bought pets, message me.
    I’m curious if they were high tier pets? Also did they have nice names? Personally I’m too terrified of being frozen to enter mine but I’m interested to know the details lol

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    71d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I've entered bought pets before, but I always did it from an account I built up. If I start out with a pretty crummy account, I'll take a few months to get the avatars up, earn some trophies, collect some cards/stamps/site themes...Then I'll make sure that all the pets on the account look good. They have some books read and some training in stats along with some jobs and fishing levels. Add in a nice petpet and a pretty lookup along with a cute petpage (the petpage doesn't have to be phenomenal, it could be one of those JN ones that chronicles what avatars you need or you could make a portfolio, just don't leave it blank). Only then will I enter a pet. If it is an unpopular species you can make the art not so pretty and no one is really going to care. I've never actually advertised my bought pet, though.

I guess what I'm trying to say is make sure your account looks like it is supposed to have that kind of pet on there, and make sure the pet looks like it really belongs then you'll be okay. Just hope nobody recognizes your pet from long ago.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 22h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Goddammit View Post

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    These UCs range in tier from BN T2 to WN T7 (none are what i would call "VWN," as most are uncapped or compound), pretty even distribution between. I figure it would be best to start with the lower tiered ones as it would be less of a crushing blow to lose them, of course- emotionally and financially. Though it's actually the WN T7 (and a couple other lower tiers on the same) that's notably on its original account.

I'm definitely going to start out by giving them some basic petpages, customizations, lookups, et cetera, then I'll work on improving the accounts a bit. And trust me, I'm totally the type to make sure my accounts look like they have a theme with the pets. Lookup should be pretty easy, I can customize premades well enough, but the trophies might be some fun... Well, better get food club betting.

(+I'm really glad this question has sparked discussion, honestly. I figured it wouldn't be completely cut and dry, but it's nice to hear from both people who have done this very thing before and those with a reasonable amount of skepticism.)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanashi For This Useful Post:

RealisticError (09-02-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I also like how much discussion has taken place about options on how to get away with it one more thing I’d be wary of is waiting a bit after this thread has finished to actually enter them, pc thugs will be on high alert right now, I think

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealisticError For This Useful Post:

genesis (09-02-2018),jellymonkey (09-02-2018),Nanashi (09-03-2018),Sakuras (09-02-2018)