Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Explosion after Ariana Grande Concert...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    This is just so so sad. Sadly, it seems like there's no such thing as a safe place anymore. I truly wish there's something that could be done about all those deadly attacks.

The anxious me is kinda worried about the fact that I'm going to United Kingdom in a week.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    This is just so so sad. Sadly, it seems like there's no such thing as a safe place anymore. I truly wish there's something that could be done about all those deadly attacks.

The anxious me is kinda worried about the fact that I'm going to United Kingdom in a week.
    Don't worry too much about coming here. In general the UK is extremely safe and fortunately we don't have this kind of dreadful thing happen very often. As strange as it sounds it's probably safer than usual right now due to heightened security.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nath For This Useful Post:

Cath (05-23-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    15d 1h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    It's so sad that they're targeting innocent people and dragging them into a war they had nothing to do with... I hope those involved recover soon and the perpetrators are dealt with.
    It's also sad when people turn tragedies into things about themselves, I've seen a fair share of people making things up for attention lately in regards to the attack. It's terrible that people can be so narcissistic when children are being murdered

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I am just at a loss for words on this. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    He was a walking bomb, a fucking suicide bomber! How the fuck can you stop that? And the incompetent UK anti-terror groups weren't able to detect someone buying bomb making materials. The loss of human life should be blamed on their stupidity.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    99d 4h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake. View Post
    They lit a letter box on fire.

Not advocating at all for any revenge because it just makes everyone look petty and stupid, but a small letterbox fire and a suicide bomb... not really comparable.
    You're right, a letter box on fire and a bomb isn't comparable but the fact that people still try to blame an entire religion and attack their place of worship over something that has nothing to do with what just happened is.. extreme. And very bad. The act in itself of lighting a box on fire isn't the problem, it's the "reasoning" behind it.

I know you meant well but it seemed like you were trying to push off what happens to Mosques as not as big a deal

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

cloudxcrash (05-24-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenator View Post
    Like seriously, now i feel that i cannot even go anywhere without having the feeling that there could be a attack anywhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroark View Post
    Jesus fucking christ this world is slowly turning into a shithole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cath View Post
    I understand that these are sad and frightening times. But we must remember some things. First, that inspiring fear is the primary goal of these terror groups. They are TRYING to scare us. If we are too afraid to do the things we would otherwise choose to do--to run marathons, to go to a market, to attend a concert--then we give these evil men power. It is okay to be afraid. But convincing ourselves that the world is no longer safe is dangerous

I'll let Mr. Fred Rogers address my second point: "My mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers — so many caring people in this world." This is a shitty situation. Unspeakably so for those directly affected. But that doesn't mean the world is shitty. It doesn't mean people are shitty. All it means is that a few bad people will stand out because the majority of people are good. And we have to remind ourselves to look for that good. Jon Stewart put it another way when he said "The reason I don't worry about society is, nineteen people knocked down two buildings and killed thousands. Hundreds of people ran into those buildings to save them. I'll take those odds every fucking day."

Quote Originally Posted by infamousdark1 View Post
    And the incompetent UK anti-terror groups weren't able to detect someone buying bomb making materials. The loss of human life should be blamed on their stupidity.
    No. Absolutely not. The loss of human life should be blamed on the person who actually took those lives. And your willingness to place the blame on others who are not responsible is upsetting, to put it mildly. Terror groups have been utilizing explosives for years the EXACT reason you listed: they are difficult to detect, not to mention cheap. Also, the materials used in such cases are often available to the public and completely legal to own. So if you're so desperate to feel morally superior to somebody or something that you have to assign guilt, then how about assigning it to the somebody or something that is actually guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    You're right, a letter box on fire and a bomb isn't comparable but the fact that people still try to blame an entire religion and attack their place of worship over something that has nothing to do with what just happened is.. extreme. And very bad. The act in itself of lighting a box on fire isn't the problem, it's the "reasoning" behind it.

I know you meant well but it seemed like you were trying to push off what happens to Mosques as not as big a deal
    Of course any prejudice-fueled crime is terrible, and those times that Mosques have been attacked in misguided attempts at "justice" are nothing short of sickening. But I think, in this instance, lighting a mailbox in fire isn't that big of a deal. Burning a Mosque would have endangered the lives of others, while damaging or destroying a culturally significant and deeply sacred part of the Islamic religion. It could be seen as an attack on the religion itself, even. It would be easy to compare such a crime to the attack in Manchester, which is probably why the story gained so much momentum. But a burning mailbox? It possesses none of the cultural importance, and poses a very small threat. Yes, the "reasoning" behind the act is a problem, but definitely not as big a problem as a burning mosque. Which is why I think Cupcake made a point of posting the correct story.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    99d 4h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutsafety View Post
    Of course any prejudice-fueled crime is terrible, and those times that Mosques have been attacked in misguided attempts at "justice" are nothing short of sickening. But I think, in this instance, lighting a mailbox in fire isn't that big of a deal. Burning a Mosque would have endangered the lives of others, while damaging or destroying a culturally significant and deeply sacred part of the Islamic religion. It could be seen as an attack on the religion itself, even. It would be easy to compare such a crime to the attack in Manchester, which is probably why the story gained so much momentum. But a burning mailbox? It possesses none of the cultural importance, and poses a very small threat. Yes, the "reasoning" behind the act is a problem, but definitely not as big a problem as a burning mosque. Which is why I think Cupcake made a point of posting the correct story.
    thanks for saying literally exactly what i said except longer

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 13h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    thanks for saying literally exactly what i said except longer
    So we agree? Lighting a mailbox on fire isn't a big deal?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    224 times
    Time Online
    99d 4h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutsafety View Post
    So we agree? Lighting a mailbox on fire isn't a big deal?
    yea brb lemme go to your house real quick and light your mailbox on fire

don't @ or quote me again k buddy (~:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lazuli For This Useful Post:

infamousdark1 (05-24-2017)